watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (21/12/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 21, 2016, 07:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon on Red Bull Leipzig's radar with Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester United interested

Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon is attracting interest from surprise German title challengers Red Bull Leipzig.

Leipzig are level on points with Bayern Munich at the top of the Bundesliga after 15 matches and are scouring Europe for the best young talent. That includes Sessegnon, a 16-year-old defender who has already made 10 matches for Fulham.

His goal in the 2-2 draw against Cardiff on August 20 made him the youngest player to score in a Championship fixture.

The Premier League's elite have long been aware of Sessegnon's potential, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham all making enquiries last summer.

Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea are also following developments while Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich are thought to have noted Sessegnon's rise.

Yet Standard Sport understands Leipzig have watched Sessegnon this season and are considering a bid. Though Fulham are unlikely to entertain offers in January, Leipzig have already demonstrated they are prepared to pay well for British talent.

Last summer, Leipzig paid around £13m for winger Oliver Burke, 19, from Nottingham Forest. Their sporting director is Ralf Rangnick, who has admirers within the FA and was a contender to succeed Roy Hodgson as England manager, before Sam Allardyce and then Gareth Southgate were appointed.

It is unlikely Sessegnon will leave this winter but if he continues to improve, Fulham may struggle to keep him next summer if they fail to win promotion.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-s-ryan-sessegnon-on-red-bull-leipzig-s-radar-with-arsenal-chelsea-tottenham-and-manchester-a3424551.html

WhiteJC

Transfer news: is Fulham's 'interest' in Lukas Jutkiewicz linked with Chris Martin?

Fulham are eyeing striker Lukas Jutkiewicz in case Chris Martin returns to Derby County in January, according to a report.

Jutkiewicz is on loan at Birmingham City from Burnley and has scored six goals in 20 games for the Blues.

Birmingham's new manager, Gianfranco Zola, has confirmed that they still want to sign the player on a permanent deal.

Other Championship clubs are reportedly interested in the 27-year-old including Derby and Fulham. Derby have been linked with Jutkiewicz previously.

Fulham have Rams striker Martin on a season-long loan and have an option to buy him in January or at the end of the season.

He can return to Derby in January if all three parties - Fulham, Derby and the player – agree.

It is being suggested Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic is considering Jutkiewicz as a replacement.

Is Fulham's 'interest' linked with Martin?

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/transfer-news-is-fulham-s-interest-in-lukas-jutkiewicz-linked-with-chris-martin/story-29996760-detail/story.html#geWdXkD8Zyq6m0MT.99

WhiteJC

Fulham tell striker Woodrow he can go

Fulham have told Cauley Woodrow he can leave in January.

The striker has fallen so far down the pecking order under boss Slavisa Jokanovic that his chances of first-team football have dwindled.

Woodrow, 22, was seen as a shining prospect when he was snapped up from Luton Town for a six-figure sum in March 2011.

But the England Under-21 international has been restricted to 28 first-team starts since making his Whites debut nearly two years ago.

He had a loan spell with League Two side Southend United in 2013-14, before his Premier League debut and his first goal for the Fulham in a 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace, which launched a breakthrough season in 2014-15.

But opportunities have dried up since then.

Last month he acknowledged a lack of opportunities might force him to look elsewhere to advance his stalled career.

"I made my debut quite young and it feels as if I've been around for a long time," said Woodrow, who has a contract until 2018.

"A lot of the lads at my age won't have played as often as I have at the level the club is at. I think it's been positive. [But] I need to get back playing, whether it's here or elsewhere."

This season, Woodrow's only league start came against Cardiff City in August and the last of his eight appearances was in the EFL Cup defeat by Bristol City. His two goals for the season came at Leyton Orient in the cup.

Jokanovic currently has the likes of Floyd Ayite, Chris Martin, Sone Aluko and Matt Smith at his disposal, while promising youngster Stephen Humphrys, 19, made his debut against Derby at the weekend.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-tell-striker-can-go

WhiteJC

FULHAM SET TO SHOW 22-YEAR-OLD THE EXIT DOOR IN JANUARY

According to West London Sport, Fulham have told striker Cauley Woodrow that he can leave the club in January.

The 22-year-old is not getting a look in at Craven Cottage and manager Slavisa Jokanovic is willing to let him leave for his own sake.

Woodrow joined Fulham for a six figure fee in 2011 from Luton Town and made his first team debut two years ago.

But since then, he has failed to nail down a regular spot in the Fulham starting XI and could be set to leave.

The former England under-21 international has 12 goals for Fulham in all competitions, having played 65 games.

He netted twice against Leyton Orient in the EFL Cup earlier this season but has struggled to make an impact since that game.

With Chris Martin, Floyd Ayite, Sone Aluko and Matt Smith all likely to get games ahead of him, Woodrow is set to leave Fulham in January.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-set-to-show-22-year-old-the-exit-door-in-january/

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Chris Martin stays at Fulham until summer - he cannot return to Derby - or go anywhere else for that matter
As a result of no-go Martin - there was NEVER any interest in Birmingham City striker

Going nowhere: Chris Martin

Fulham have tied Chris Martin to a season-long loan - and there is no break clause.

Copper-bottomed sources have told Get West London the Scotland striker, who had been linked with a move back to Derby County, will stay with Whites until June.

Fulham have it in appropriate black and white his parent club will not be allowed to snatch him back in January.

Martin was a bystander as his two clubs drew 2-2 at the weekend , but is expected to resume his slot up top when Fulham visit Ipswich on Boxing Day.

Whites will take their time before deciding in May whether to go ahead with a £9 million permanent deal for the man who has hit six in the last 10 games before Staurday's enforced absence.

As a result, rumours surrounding a Fulham replacement move for Birmingham's Lukas Jutkiewicz were always wide of the mark.

He was never a Whites target, although the Brum striker became the first permanent deal for ex-Chelsea hero Gianfranco Zola when Jutkiewicz signed from parent club Burnley today.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-chris-martin-stays-12347785

WhiteJC

It`s Not Funny This Time.

Well that was a kick in the balls wasn`t it!

I`ve never been one to moan too much about kick-off times being changed in the past, I`ve always viewed it as a necessity what with the funds television pours into the game.

However, when it comes to our FA Cup 3rd round tie against Cardiff, at the Cardiff City Stadium, I`m flabbergasted.

Those in charge of switching kick-off times have decreed that it is perfectly fine to switch our kick-off, on Sunday 8th January to 11:30 am, just so the game can be shown on BBC Wales.

11:30am I ask you!

Have they made absolutely no concessions to what time in the morning the Cottagers support will have to hit the road at, for sure it`ll be some ungodly hour.

Once again those who show their passionate support for the game are those that are made to suffer.

It`ll be interesting to see what the viewing figures are, or will that be something that won`t be disclosed?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=472825#ixzz4TSNcrZSz

WhiteJC

Fulham Cap Year Off With New Era Partnership

Fulham Football Club has struck a partnership with New Era who becomes the club's Official Headwear Partner for the next four seasons.

The partnership wiill see a new collection of dual-branded hats and caps for the club's fans.

New Era is an international lifestyle brand with a sports heritage dating back to almost 100 years and fits in well with Fulham's tradition as London's oldest professional football Club.

Fulham FC Chief Revenue Officer, Casper Stylsvig, said:"We are delighted to welcome New Era as Fulham FC's Official Headwear Partner.

"We are looking forward to working together during the next four years and carrying a stylish range of New Era headwear products online and at our Craven Cottage stadium store." 

New Era VP EMEA, Paul Gils, added: "We are very excited to partner with Fulham FC and look forward to bringing unique designs and styles to market for the club's passionate fans."

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=4706/title=fulham+cap+year+off+with+new+era+partnership+

WhiteJC

Leipzig looking at Sessegnon
by DAN on DECEMBER 20, 2016

The surprise German title challengers Red Bull Leipzig have joined the host of top clubs considering a move for Fulham's teenage full back Ryan Sessegnon in January, according to a report in tonight's Evening Standard.

Bayern Munich have also been mentioned as monitoring the sixteen year-old's impressive progressive, but the Standard's revelation that Leipzig, who are currently level on points with the Bavarian giants at the top of the Bundesliga, have been scouting Sessegnon extensively is a new development. They have signed young British talent previously, having paid approximately £13m for Nottingham Forest's Scottish winger Oliver Burke in the summer.

The Standard report states that Fulham are unlikely to entertain approaches for Sessegnon, who has now featured in ten senior games for the club, and the club are confident of signing the teenager to a pre-contract agreement, which would trigger his first professional deal when he turns 17. The England youth international has taken to first team football incredibly comfortably, rotating with Scott Malone at left back, since making his senior debut against Leyton Orient in an EFL Cup tie back in August.

Sessegnon, whose domestic suitors include Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham, has scored twice this season, with his first strike against Cardiff making him the youngest ever scorer in a Championship match. He also earned the Whites a point in stoppage time against Burton Albion in October.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/12/leipzig-looking-at-sessegnon/

WhiteJC

Woodrow set for Fulham exit
by DAN on DECEMBER 20, 2016

Cauley Woodrow has been told he can leave Fulham in the January transfer window, according to a report from West London Sport this afternoon.

The England under-21 striker has made just a single league start for Slavisa Jokanovic's side this season – against Cardiff City in September – and has seen his first-team chances dwindle since Chris Martin arrived on loan from Derby County at the end of August. Woodrow did score twice in Fulham's EFL Cup win over Leyton Orient, but he missed a penalty as the Whites went out to Bristol City later in the competition, and has recently struggled to make the bench.

Woodrow, who enjoyed great success at youth level after joining Fulham from Luton in 2011 winning the Dallas Cup and helping the young Whites to an FA Youth Cup final in 2014, has made just 28 senior starts since being handed a surprise first-team debut by Felix Magath at Cardiff in April 2014. He scored his first goal for the club in a 2-2 draw against Crystal Palace on the final day of the season after the club's relegation for the Premier League was confirmed, but his opportunities were limited by the arrival of Ross McCormack and the emergence of his youth team strike partner Moussa Dembele.

The 22 year-old has recently had to settle for sporadic game time in Fulham's under 23 side and his position in the club's current striking hierarchy was reflected by the fact that current youth team hotshot Stevie Humphrys was picked ahead of him on the bench for Saturday's draw with Derby.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/12/woodrow-set-for-fulham-exit/

WhiteJC

Richard Stearman going nowhere says Wolves boss Paul Lambert
Paul Lambert will look to do his business early in January – as he rubbished suggestions that Richard Stearman will be sent back to Fulham.

The transfer window opens on New Year's Day and Lambert will trim his squad while adding first-team additions, preferably with Championship experience.

The Wolves boss said he and Kevin Thelwell will go through their transfer shortlist in the coming days.

"We'll try and do early business in January," he told the Express & Star. "Things take time but if we can get one in two in that would be helpful.

"We're on the same hymn sheet, which is important for any football club."

Twelve players were signed last summer, but Lambert said: "That can't happen again. We need to bring one or two in who are going to play.

"Kevin and I will sit and go through which players we think can help us."

Reports elsewhere had suggested Lambert was looking to get rid of six players in January including Richard Stearman, who is on loan from Fulham.

The Cottagers have the option of recalling Stearman during the window but Lambert said from Wolves' point of view they had no plans to send the centre-half back.

And he rubbished any reports that six players had been selected to leave - as he hadn't even finalised the list in his head yet.

"I just find that bizarre," he said. "With Stearman, for instance, I spoke with him this morning and said I don't know if you've read that and I don't know where it's come from because 1) you're playing for me and 2) you're playing well.

"He said he was a bit confused! I can't release people if I don't even know that myself."

There was also a suggestion that Prince Oniangue, a £2m summer signing, was also earmarked to leave.

Lambert also refuted that and said: "Prince was just bought here and I've barely seen the lad play, only Monday night and a wee bit of training because he's just back from injury.

"People will look at Cameron (Borthwick-Jackson) because he's on loan and not playing, so that's easy to summise on what people want to think.

"People like Jed (Wallace), he's been in and out, which is the way it goes sometimes.

"But I haven't seen everyone play yet and I've certainly not made up my mind on who's going out."

Wolves have again been linked with a move for Blackburn Rovers full-back/winger Ben Marshall.

They tried to sign him last summer and it's believed 25-year-old Marshall is on their shortlist again in January.

Lambert said: "I know Ben really well. He's Blackburn's player and I know his contract is up (this summer) and all of those things.

"(But) it's unfair to be talking about somebody's player."

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/12/21/richard-stearman-going-nowhere-says-wolves-boss-paul-lambert/#1vD0SJSgfPockAwg.99

gang

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 21, 2016, 07:55:33 AM

Richard Stearman going nowhere says Wolves boss Paul Lambert
Paul Lambert will look to do his business early in January – as he rubbished suggestions that Richard Stearman will be sent back to Fulham.

The transfer window opens on New Year's Day and Lambert will trim his squad while adding first-team additions, preferably with Championship experience.

The Wolves boss said he and Kevin Thelwell will go through their transfer shortlist in the coming days.

"We'll try and do early business in January," he told the Express & Star. "Things take time but if we can get one in two in that would be helpful.

"We're on the same hymn sheet, which is important for any football club."

Twelve players were signed last summer, but Lambert said: "That can't happen again. We need to bring one or two in who are going to play.

"Kevin and I will sit and go through which players we think can help us."

Reports elsewhere had suggested Lambert was looking to get rid of six players in January including Richard Stearman, who is on loan from Fulham.

The Cottagers have the option of recalling Stearman during the window but Lambert said from Wolves' point of view they had no plans to send the centre-half back.

And he rubbished any reports that six players had been selected to leave - as he hadn't even finalised the list in his head yet.

"I just find that bizarre," he said. "With Stearman, for instance, I spoke with him this morning and said I don't know if you've read that and I don't know where it's come from because 1) you're playing for me and 2) you're playing well.

"He said he was a bit confused! I can't release people if I don't even know that myself."

There was also a suggestion that Prince Oniangue, a £2m summer signing, was also earmarked to leave.

Lambert also refuted that and said: "Prince was just bought here and I've barely seen the lad play, only Monday night and a wee bit of training because he's just back from injury.

"People will look at Cameron (Borthwick-Jackson) because he's on loan and not playing, so that's easy to summise on what people want to think.

"People like Jed (Wallace), he's been in and out, which is the way it goes sometimes.

"But I haven't seen everyone play yet and I've certainly not made up my mind on who's going out."

Wolves have again been linked with a move for Blackburn Rovers full-back/winger Ben Marshall.

They tried to sign him last summer and it's believed 25-year-old Marshall is on their shortlist again in January.

Lambert said: "I know Ben really well. He's Blackburn's player and I know his contract is up (this summer) and all of those things.

"(But) it's unfair to be talking about somebody's player."

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/12/21/richard-stearman-going-nowhere-says-wolves-boss-paul-lambert/#1vD0SJSgfPockAwg.99

Thank goodness.

MJG

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-supporters-trust-slam-insulting-1130am-kickoff-tie-for-cardiff-fa-cup-tie-a3424266.html

Fulham supporters have labelled the decision to move their FA Cup third round tie in Cardiff to a Sunday morning as "insulting".

The Cottagers were drawn away to Cardiff City in the Cup earlier this month but had their tie selected for televised coverage by BBC Wales, who selected an 11:30am kick-off for the match on Sunday, January 8.

Supporters travelling from London by train have only option available to them, a service that arrives in the Welsh capital just 31 minutes before kick-off, whilst those driving to Cardiff face a five-and-a-half hour round trip.

The Fulham Supporters' Trust reacted angrily to BBC Wales' decision and penned an open letter on their website in which they complained that the "ordinary fan" had been let down by the broadcaster.

"We were very disappointed with the decision to reschedule the FA Cup Third Round tie between Cardiff City and Fulham for Sunday 8 January, with an 11.30am kick off, that was announced earlier this week," the letter, signed by Supporters' Trust secretary Neil Springate, read.

"The FA Cup third round is one of the most momentous days in the footballing calendar and, although the competition's enduring value has been questioned in recent years, it remains a draw that fans await with great anticipation.

"Moving the game for television has become something that the modern football fan has had to get used to, but picking a time of 11.30am is particularly insulting to the supporters who are the lifeblood of the game.

"The train options leave Fulham fans with just one direct service that will arrive into Cardiff at 10:59am, and facing the likelihood of altered (or delayed) services, due to works being undertaken, on the mainline leaving London Paddington and the certainty of severe disruption to the Tube service prior to departure.

"We also note that many Cardiff City supporters may have great difficulty in reaching the stadium from various locations across Wales due to the early kick-off time."

The kick-off time had been agreed by both clubs and BBC Wales, all three parties deeming the early slot the only available broadcast option for the game.

Fulham have offered to lay on free coach travel for all supporters – though fans will need to be up at 6:30am to catch the bus – and tickets have been priced at just £12 for adults and £5 for juniors, with further discounts offered to season ticket holders.

However the Supporters' Trust doubt that any initiative to raise attendance will help now that the game has been rescheduled.

"We are appreciative of both clubs' attempts to provide free travel options for their fans, but any previous planned initiatives to improve attendance at this fixture will have been doomed by this decision," the open letter said.

"As a public service broadcaster, BBC Wales should have a duty to consider the wider implications of their scheduling - and the fact that you have chosen this kick-off time shows just how far the ordinary fan has slipped down the pecking order in the modern game."