watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Halifax 0 Fulham 8

Started by f321ffc, December 22, 2016, 11:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hallifax-v-Fulham-Div-3-1969-/172443073563?hash=item2826687c1b:g:SJoAAOSwENxXmk9Y

Nothing to do with me just seen this on eBay , in them days I had get the morning paper to get the results of the previous nights football, walked down to  Clapham junction approach on my way to catch the bus to work bought my copy of the Sun
8-0 I couldn't stop smiling all day, Steve Earle with 5. 092.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Lighthouse

Remember it well. Was going to school near Manchester at the time. Felt very proud to be known as THE Fulham fan that day.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

H4usuallysitting

Talking about walking to the paper shop....do you remember on a Saturday evening waiting in the queue at the paper shop for the Evening Standard - for results & to check your pools

Sir Alec of good Stock

Next season Halifax 3 Fulham 2!!!

f321ffc

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on December 22, 2016, 12:54:29 PM
Next season Halifax 3 Fulham 2!!!
Yes I went to that game hoping for another 8 , what an awful ground it was in those days slopping loose ash instead of terraces, if I remember correctly it was also a speedway venue.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Holders

I remember it, it followed 4-0 and 4-1 wins as I recall. I remember some of the headlines: "Fabulous Fulham" and "Fulham's secret - they feel at home away". I think that was a reference to the amount of support we could still attract in Div 3, having recently been relegated from Div 1. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 22, 2016, 12:53:03 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 22, 2016, 12:48:04 PM
Talking about walking to the paper shop....do you remember on a Saturday evening waiting in the queue at the paper shop for the Evening Standard - for results & to check your pools

Yes and the evening news also.

I remember going home after an evening game wondering if I'd be in time to hear the result at the end of the news (dunno why, I already knew it). They don't seem to do that now.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

jarv

Fulham played terrific football that season.  They were also given coverage with detailed match reports in the Sunday Times. The only 3rd division team to get that I recall. I think the paper chose one team from the 3rd each season but cant remember the details.

bog

I will never forget that evening. Was round at my girlfriend's of the time and up came the results on the ITV news.... 049:gif :wow: :clap_hands: :yay:

092.gif

bog

No Woolly, she was saved....she was a librarian....after two weeks I had to take her back....

092.gif

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

St Eve

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 22, 2016, 12:53:03 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 22, 2016, 12:48:04 PM

Yes and the evening news also.
Remember it well. The good old days

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Reg Matthewson (6 August 1939 – 29 August 2016)[

I didn't realised he had passed this years

Bloody good centre half

The Aaron Hughes of his era
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

GloucesterWhite

If I remember correctly Steve Earle got 5 and they wouldn't give him the ball after the game.

Jem

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on December 22, 2016, 08:29:08 PM
If I remember correctly Steve Earle got 5 and they wouldn't give him the ball after the game.
As I remember it he got five and took the ball into the Halifax changing room and asked the players to sign it. This may, of course, be folk law as I was "very young" at the time!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

The Old Count

Quote from: Jem on December 22, 2016, 10:08:42 PM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on December 22, 2016, 08:29:08 PM
As I remember it he got five and took the ball into the Halifax changing room and asked the players to sign it. This may, of course, be folk law as I was "very young" at the time!

Not too young to be in the pub the next day celebrating the win with yours truly

Snibbo

I remember chopping channels on the old black and white tv to see if itv or bbc were giving the results that night.  When 0-8 came up on the screen I thought it must be a mistake.

b+w geezer

The bloke I sit next to at the Cottage offered me a lift to that match, which I declined. Kicked myself afterwards of course. Apparently the fog set in so it became hard to see what was happening, but his impression was that we scored from every attempt.

f321ffc

So it sold for £7.50 anyone on here buy or bid on it. :merry christmas:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional