watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa Wants Four New Signings

Started by @jolslover, December 23, 2016, 02:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/whites-want-players-four-positions-plan-talks-chelsea-derby-county

Interesting article, says were looking at 4 signings. A striker, winger, CB and a midfielder. Also says were in talks with extending Piazons loan and making Martin permanent
STH H3

Arthur

It's good to know that our manager has promotion in his sights. With the automatic places almost certainly out of our reach, why not aim to be the 'team to beat' in the play-offs?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Arthur on December 23, 2016, 03:10:33 PM
It's good to know that our manager has promotion in his sights. With the automatic places almost certainly out of our reach, why not aim to be the 'team to beat' in the play-offs?
Got to agree here.  If you take Piazon & Martin, you are looking at 6 players.... amazing if this happened!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ToodlesMcToot

Hope that Slavisa and Kline have smoothed out their recruitment process and already come to an agreement on potential targets.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

With the exception of the Emrich bits, all the other information could easily be mined from this forum. I often think that we (FoF posters) wind up writing most of the speculative articles for these footballing "news" articles.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

It is a good positive small piece, however no direct quotes from SJ, so could just be conjecture. Time will tell
Every day is a Fulham day

jarv

4 signings...based on what I read on here (dont get to see Fulham in US anymore) surely one of the signings must be a keeper.... 092.gif

filham

I thought we made fourteen new signings in the last window. To be looking for a further four now suggests that a number of the previous fourteen were inadequate.

Andy S

I think a lot would depend on whether we can move 4 players on

Jonaldiniho 88

To play Devils advocate can we be sure the signings that have suceeded are slav's and the signings that have failed are klines? All the good signings could have been klines could they not?

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on December 24, 2016, 01:39:57 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on December 24, 2016, 01:26:07 AM
To play Devils advocate can we be sure the signings that have suceeded are slav's and the signings that have failed are klines? All the good signings could have been klines could they not?

Not sure that anyone has suggested otherwise...?

As far as I can tell all we can say for sure is each of the signings we've made in the last two summers could be attributable to Rigg, Kline or Jokanovic (or Symons if it was last summer) or any combination thereof in varying degrees.

Although If we are going to indulge in speculation I think it reasonable to say the more "exotic" signing are the most likely to have been identified in a stats database. That includes some good ones like Madl and Ayite but this summer it's generally those exotic signings that have been the least successful, the best examples being jozabed and kebano

Disagree about Jozabed, Slavisa has spent lots of time in Spain and watches lots of Spanish football, His backroom staff are also Spanish. Would expect him to be pushing for lots of Spanish talent and wouldn't be surprised if Jozabed was his idea
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on December 24, 2016, 11:54:22 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 24, 2016, 10:34:55 AM

As far as I can tell all we can say for sure is each of the signings we've made in the last two summers could be attributable to Rigg, Kline or Jokanovic (or Symons if it was last summer) or any combination thereof in varying degrees.

Although If we are going to indulge in speculation I think it reasonable to say the more "exotic" signing are the most likely to have been identified in a stats database. That includes some good ones like Madl and Ayite but this summer it's generally those exotic signings that have been the least successful, the best examples being jozabed and kebano

Disagree about Jozabed, Slavisa has spent lots of time in Spain and watches lots of Spanish football, His backroom staff are also Spanish. Would expect him to be pushing for lots of Spanish talent and wouldn't be surprised if Jozabed was his idea

Had this discussion on here the other day. My counter argument is essentially if joka wanted him so much why is he not even getting a little run out off the bench here and there? But neither of us knows anyway, all just speculation I suppose

I've heard from a good source Jozabed came in speaking 0 English. No players in our first team squad speak any Spanish either, So I imagine communication is probably a big part as to why hes not featured.
STH H3

MJG

Quote from: @jolslover on December 24, 2016, 12:18:19 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 24, 2016, 11:54:22 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 24, 2016, 10:34:55 AM

Had this discussion on here the other day. My counter argument is essentially if joka wanted him so much why is he not even getting a little run out off the bench here and there? But neither of us knows anyway, all just speculation I suppose

I've heard from a good source Jozabed came in speaking 0 English. No players in our first team squad speak any Spanish either, So I imagine communication is probably a big part as to why hes not featured.
that's right he's found it tough and came over on his own and didn't speak any English. He's more settled now and learning language but of course team has been doing well.
Also tactically we have changed from a player off the striker... Which is the role he was signed for.... To essentially 433.

filham

It would be interesting to compare a players stat. for the season before we signed them against their first season with us.

Martin has a lot to do in the next four months to make these stats balance.