more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (24/12/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 24, 2016, 06:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Paul Lambert: 'Richard Stearman staying at Wolverhampton Wanderers'

Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Paul Lambert has denied speculation that he is planning to axe centre-back Richard Stearman next month.

The 29-year-old had seven years in a Wolves shirt before being sold to Fulham in 2015, but rejoined the Midlands side on a season-long loan in August.

Lambert has admitted that he is planning a squad overhaul in January and reports had suggested that Stearman was in the frame for the chop.

"I just find that bizarre," Lambert told the Express & Star. "With Stearman, for instance, I spoke with him this morning and said I don't know if you've read that and I don't know where it's come from because 1) you're playing for me and 2) you're playing well.

"He said he was a bit confused! I can't release people if I don't even know that myself."

Stearman has started four of the last five games under Lambert's reign to move into the list of Wolves' top 50 appearance-makers.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/wolves/transfer-talk/news/lambert-stearman-staying-at-wolves_287953.html

WhiteJC

Inside Portman Road

pswich Town fan Henry Chard gives us the lowdown on his side, and looks ahead to our Boxing Day meeting at Portman Road.

How did you become an Ipswich fan?

I was born in Macclesfield but moved to Suffolk as a youngster. When I got to around the age of six or seven I was keen to get going to live football and mum started getting people to take me to Ipswich games. I 'caught the bug' as they say, and haven't looked back.

What are your favourite memories of following the club?

Recently there have not been too many! However, obviously the season we finished fifth in the Premier League was a highlight, although I was still too young to appreciate it properly at the time. I remember the Joe Royle years fondly, even though we agonisingly missed out on promotion twice, the football was so entertaining to watch.

Who have been your favourite players?

Fabian Wilnis was a bit of a cult hero and loved the club so he is probably a standout. Shefki Kuqi was another favourite of mine for his work rate and celebrations. Kelvin Davis was one of the best keepers we've had, too.

What's been your take on the season so far?

Very disappointing but not unexpected. When you continue to invest as little as we do in the team and work with freebies and loans I think there is only so far you can go in the current climate. Creativity and goals have been the main issues, we don't create much at all in games and lack a top striker to finish off the chances we do create. We don't have an incredible squad but I do think it is underperforming slightly.

Where do you think you can finish?

Not to sound too pessimistic but I think a top half finish is about as far as we could go this season, unless we invest heavily in January. We simply do not have the quality in the squad to push for the Play-Offs when you compare it to other squads at the top end of the division.

Which players have stood out for Ipswich?

The goalkeeper, Bartosz Bialkowski. He has pulled off numerous magnificent saves this season and has established himself as one of the best in the division. Tom Lawrence is also hitting some form now too.

Have you seen much of Fulham?

Not too much but I watched the live TV game with Newcastle and I'm sure they have progressed a lot since then too. The team looked a lot more resolute and organised that day than in previous years. Tom Cairney seems to be having a good season and his creativity could cause us problems.

What's the best and worst thing about a trip to Portman Road?

The best I would say is that it is a 'proper' football ground, like Craven Cottage. It is steeped in history with Sir Alf Ramsey and Sir Bobby Robson stands and statues at the ground. It's also ideal for away fans as it is a five minute walk to the station with a pub on the way! (Although that's not entirely relevant with no trains on Boxing Day). The worst is hard to say as a home fan because you are biased, but the facilities are not great – there are a few poles in the way!

Where can away fans go for a pint before the game?

The away fans pub is directly opposite the station, you can't miss it, it's the Station Hotel! Elsewhere in town, down by the waterfront there are some nice bars and restaurants.

What sort of game are you anticipating on Boxing Day?

Well, hopefully we will go with an attacking line-up, as we did in our last game against Wigan, which could lead to an entertaining game. I expect Fulham to come at us, which could help us attacking wise as a lot of teams sit in when they come to Portman Road and we can't break them down. Hopefully it will have goals and won't be a turgid affair!

What score prediction are you going for?

I can't really say anything other than a home win can I?! We are yet to win two games on the bounce this season so you'd like think we will at some time. We should have confidence going into Monday after an away win and after some poor home performances this season they need to perform in front of the home fans. 2-1 to Town hopefully but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 1-1 after Fulham open the scoring.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/23/inside-portman-road

WhiteJC

Fulham defender says Brentford pair played big part in his success
Man in the Whites middle thanks countrymen at Griffin Park for easing his way to the Championship and a contract

Advice: Michael Madl of Fulham (2R)

Michael Madl was the only Fulham loanee out of six to make an impression last season.

Not even the return of former stalwart Chris Baird had the same impact as the defender straight from the Austrian top flight.

Other foreigners tend to struggle as they adapt to life in the Championship, but Madl says he fitted in well and got a helping hand from down the road to earn a permanent two-year contract.

Get West London understands it may be curtains for Konstantin Kerschbaumer at Brentford in the transfer window, but he and former Bee Marco Djuricin offered Madl a heads-up when he made the switch in January.

"I spoke to a few Austrian players who played here, like Kerschbaumer and Marco Djuricin, and they knew a lot about the Championship; to see it though is different."

Madl says he has no idea why he hit the ground sprinting - and even less whether he is the man to replace the stricken Tomas Kalas in the heart of the Whites defence.

"It's a question for the manager; we're four good centre backs," Madl said. "Everyone wants to play, of course. If you get the chance you have to take it.

"I'm sorry for Tomas, but happy to be back in the squad."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-defender-says-brentford-pair-12363396

WhiteJC

Ipswich Town v Fulham
MON, 26 DEC 2016CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Portman Road

BBC coverage
How to follow:
Final Score; BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Ipswich will be without midfielder Jonny Williams, who faces three months out after having shoulder surgery.

Teddy Bishop is sidelined by an ankle ligament injury, but Grant Ward could start after recovering from illness.

On-loan Fulham striker Chris Martin could return after being ineligible for the draw with parent club Derby County.

Defender Tomas Kalas (hamstring) is out, while fellow centre-back Ragnar Sigurdsson is a doubt after being forced off at half-time last Saturday.

Match facts

Ipswich are unbeaten in five Boxing Day games, winning the last four in a row.
Fulham have met Ipswich twice on Boxing Day, securing a 10-1 demolition back in 1963 and then drawing 0-0 in 1999.
In fact, Fulham haven't beaten Ipswich in league competition since the 10-1 victory in 1963 (D3 L6).
Ipswich have the worst passing accuracy of any side in the Championship this season (64.15%).
Only Newcastle (45) have scored more goals than Fulham in the Championship this season (38).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38360560

WhiteJC

Fulham plan to strengthen in January
by DAN on DECEMBER 23, 2016

Fulham are planning to strengthen their squad in at least four different positions during the January transfer window, according to West London Sport.

Slavisa Jokanovic is keen to turn Chris Martin's loan move into a permanent transfer by exercising an option written into the initial agreement with Derby County and Fulham will enter into further talks with Chelsea about extending Lucas Piazon's loan spell at Craven Cottage. The Serbian head coach is keen to further supplement his striking resources with long-term target Omar Bogle, currently English football's leading scorer, a potential candidate.

Fulham are also eager to recruit another winger with wide men Floyd Ayite and Neeskens Kebano likely to miss a fair amount of club football in January due to their participation in the forthcoming African Cup of Nations. The report also mentions that Jokanovic will be looking at possible new midfield arrivals, potentially to strengthen the defensive midfield position currently occupied by Kevin McDonald, and a new centre back – which might be the most pressing area given Tomas Kalas' current hamstring injury.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/12/fulham-plan-to-strengthen-in-january/

WhiteJC

Fulham FC players drop into rehab centre for brain injuries to give children a Christmas surprise
Six Fulham FC footballers handed out gifts and chatted with the children at The Children's Trust

(Left to right) Harvey who is at The Children's Trust with Fulham FC Players Tom Cairney, Matt Smith and Sone Aluko

Youngsters staying at a rehabilitation centre for children with brain injuries were given a welcome surprise by Fulham FC footballers.

Players Stefan Johansen, Matt Smith, Ragnar Sigurdsson, Sone Aluko, Tim Ream and Tom Cairney all visited The Children's Trust on Thursday (22 December) at its centre in Tadworth.

Gifts were handed out by the players who took the time to talk with youngsters at the centre.

Football fanatic Liam played for Crystal Palace FC's academy for 10 years before he came to the trust after he had a brain injury.

The 16-year-old, who's condition means he has fatigue and memory difficulties, has set his sights on making a return to the game.

His mum, Sarah, said: "This visit has been amazing for Liam.

"Football is his passion so meeting professional players and being able to say he has played with them is a dream come true!

"This has been a lovely Christmas treat for us all."

Fulham FC forward, Sone Aluko, said: "We hope that the visit today played some small part in lifting the spirits of the children and families who are at The Children's Trust over Christmas.

(Left to right) Fulham FC players Rangar Sigurdsson, Tim Ream, Stefan Johansen, Sone Aluko, Tom Cairney and Matt Smith with Brandon who is at The Children's Trust for rehabilitation and brother Lewis

"We cannot imagine how tough it must be for parents and families, especially at this time of year, so I really hope that they are able to enjoy some time together and I'm sure that the fantastic staff – some of whom we met today – will be doing their utmost to make that happen."

Kathryn Watson, from the Play and Leisure Team at The Children's Trust, said: "Having the Fulham Football players visit has been a brilliant boost for the children and their families who are often going through a tough time while they are here.

"Some of the children who are particularly big football fans even challenged the players to a kickabout.

"I am sure it is something we will all remember for a long time."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/fulham-fc-players-drop-rehab-12365386

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Marcus Bettinelli from Fulham to Cardiff City? Here's the inside word
Whites £2 million rated keeper is going to have to wait for his chance at Craven Cottage

Fulham have made it plain Marcus Bettinelli is going nowhere - not least Cardiff City - unless they have a replacement in place and around £2 million for the talented keeper.

GetWestLondon has learned Whites will fight tooth and nail to keep the custodian, linked with a move to the Welsh capital and ex- QPR boss Neil Warnock.

Bettinelli broke back into the Whites set-up with a bang last term, after recovering from a crushing injury at the start of the season, and was even wanted by neighbours Chelsea.

However, Whites made sure they tied the 24-year-old to a new four-year deal in August 2015 that scared off any prospective poachers.

After another niggle at the start of this season, Bettinelli has yet to dislodge new man David Button and is chaffing at the bit for regular football.

He will have to bide his time, as boss Slavisa Jokanovic insists he needs two top players for every position.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-marcus-bettinelli-fulham-12365133

WhiteJC

Rigg Departs

Fulham Football Club Chairman Shahid Khan announced today that the Club and Mike Rigg, Chief Football Officer at FFC, have agreed to cordially part ways, effective immediately.

Rigg arrived at Fulham in January 2015 from the Football Association, where he served as Head of Talent Identification.

"I am thankful for Mike Rigg's commitment and service to Fulham Football Club over the past two years," Khan said. "Mike made many solid contributions to our club and I know he will be up to the next challenge in his football career.  My personal best wishes go to Mike and his family."

Khan added that today's news will have no negative effect on the Club during the upcoming transfer window.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/23/rigg-departs

WhiteJC

Fulham announce Rigg departure

Fulham have confirmed the confirmed the departure of their chief football officer Mike Rigg in a statement issued via their official website this afternoon.

Rigg has been at Fulham for 23 months since being appointed to a newly-created role when Kit Symons was in charge of first team affairs. He had reportedly clashed with head coach Slavisa Jokanovic over transfer targets and his departure could be seen as a victory for the Serbian head coach, although Fulham's statement insists the move was a 'cordial' one.

Chairman Shahid Khan is quoted as saying:

I am thankful for Mike Rigg's commitment and service to Fulham Football Club over the past two years. Mike made many solid contributions to our club and I know he will be up to the next challenge in his football career. My personal best wishes go to Mike and his family.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/12/fulham-announce-rigg-departure/

WhiteJC

12 Days of Christmas - £10 off instore this January

Our final 12 Days of Christmas offer sees supporters able to redeem £10 off any spend of £40 or more across all products in the Stadium Store in January.
With this voucher, choose from Home and Away Kits, Fulham Fashion - including Retro and New Era ranges - as well as gifts, souvenirs, and much more!

To redeem, supporters must download and present the below voucher to staff instore from Monday 2nd January.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/23/12-days-of-christmas-12

WhiteJC

Fulham midfielder aiming for January move

The Daily Mail have reported that Fulham midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe wants a move away from Craven Cottage, with a number of Football League clubs showing interest.

The 23-year-old joined Fulham in 2014 from Manchester United where his playing time has been limited after becoming out of favour by certain managers and sent on loan elsewhere. This season, Tunnicliffe has managed 10 appearances for the London club with his last being in October's draw against Norwich City.

A host of clubs from across the UK are keen to sign the former England youth international, with QPR and Glasgow Rangers showing particular interest.

Tunnicliffe, who has already accumulated over 100 senior appearances, is out of contract at the end of this season.

Championship duo Preston North End and Ipswich Town are also said to be interested in the box-to-box midfielder and Tunnicliffe is no stranger to Mick McCarthy and Portman Road, having enjoyed a loan spell under McCarthy in the 2013/14 season where he made 29 appearances for the Tractor Boys.

Newly appointed Queens Park Rangers boss Ian Holloway has confirmed he is a fan of Ryan Tunnicliffe, and perhaps could make him his second signing since returning to Loftus Road.

It would also mean the midfielder would not have to relocate, making life much easier than if Tunnicliffe was to join Scottish Premiership side Glasgow Rangers across the border.

The Manchester United academy product is definitely out of favour under Cottagers boss Slavisa Jokanovic and is said to be interested in a move elsewhere for game time.

http://the72.co.uk/70087/fulham-midfielder-aiming-for-january-move/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Mike Rigg leaves role as chief football officer at Craven Cottage

Mike Rigg (right) was involved in Fulham's transfer dealings, with Sone Aluko one of 14 new arrivals this summer

Mike Rigg has left his position as chief football officer at Fulham after agreeing to "cordially part ways" with the Championship club.

Rigg joined the Craven Cottage side at the start of 2015 following a two-year spell with the Football Association.

He previously worked at Manchester City and QPR as a technical director.

Rigg worked closely with Fulham's scouting team, but the Whites said his departure would not affect their plans for the January transfer window.

"Mike made many solid contributions to our club and I know he will be up to the next challenge in his career," chairman Shahid Khan said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38419284

WhiteJC

Limited Availability

Don't miss our first match of 2017! A limited number of tickets remain for our meeting with Brighton & Hove Albion at Craven Cottage on Monday 2nd January (3pm).

Buy yours today to avoid disappointment, with adult tickets priced from £25 and junior tickets available from £15.

Fans are advised that in order to receive your tickets in the post, you must purchase before 3pm on Wednesday 28th December.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/23/limited-availability

WhiteJC

Bettinelli set to stay at Fulham

Fulham have told Cardiff City to forget about tempting Marcus Bettinelli away from Craven Cottage – unless they are willing to stump up around £2m and wait until the Whites have signed a replacement, according to a report on GetWestLondon this afternoon.

New Bluebirds' boss Neil Warnock had hoped to bring in Bettinelli to challenge the below-par Ben Amos at the Cardiff City Stadium, but suggestions that the two clubs were close to agreeing a loan deal appear to be wide of the mark. Fulham still rate Bettinelli highly, having handed him a four-year deal last August, and Slavisa Jokanovic is unwilling to let the former England under-21 international leave on the cheap.

The 24 year-old has had to be patient this season, having been pushed out of the first-team reckoning by the summer arrival of David Button from Brentford. But Button's indifferent winter form might lead to the academy graduate forcing his way back into the side and, in any case, Jokanovic wants to have capable back-up available to call upon as the Whites target a top six finish. The goalkeeper has talked about his desire to get regular game time, but it looks as if Bettinelli will need to bide his time for now.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/12/bettinelli-set-to-stay-at-fulham/

WhiteJC

Rigg sacked by Fulham
In a move expected by many Fulham fans, Fulham has sacked Mike Rigg.

This is the statement by the club. In my opinion, Khan saw how Jokanovic was doing with his signings and believed that Rigg was no longer required. With the departure of Rigg, Jokanovic will probably assume a much larger role in transfers which will only help the club moving forward.

Friday 23 December 2016 15:00
Fulham Football Club Chairman Shahid Khan announced today that the Club and Mike Rigg, Chief Football Officer at FFC, have agreed to cordially part ways, effective immediately.

Rigg arrived at Fulham in January 2015 from the Football Association, where he served as Head of Talent Identification.

"I am thankful for Mike Rigg's commitment and service to Fulham Football Club over the past two years," Khan said. "Mike made many solid contributions to our club and I know he will be up to the next challenge in his football career.  My personal best wishes go to Mike and his family."

Khan added that today's news will have no negative effect on the Club during the upcoming transfer window.
In my opinion, Khan saw how Jokanovic was doing with his signings and believed that Rigg was no longer required. With the departure of Rigg, Jokanovic will probably assume a much larger role in transfers which will only help the club moving forward.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2016/12/23/14070880/rigg-sacked-by-fulham