News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- A game a game my kingdom for a game!

Started by bog, December 24, 2016, 09:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Is it me or have we gone far too long without a game? Like me can you imagine if the foreigners get their way and there is a mid-winter break? No games on Boxing day!!!!!  fp.gif :doh: :016:

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

I would lose the will to live if that happened. ⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on December 24, 2016, 09:23:32 AM
Is it me or have we gone far too long without a game? Like me can you imagine if the foreigners get their way and there is a mid-winter break? No games on Boxing day!!!!!  fp.gif :doh: :016:

092.gif

Who did Richard the 3rd play for ?

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Totally against a mid winter break, just means same number of games in less time. For me that still means the players will still be just as tired or possibly more so than before, how thru can complain for what they earn is a different discussion.

Those wanting the mid winter break are actually saying have it the first full 2 weeks in January, meaning we would stil, have the festive games. My other issue here is that most of the premier league teams and some championship sides will fly away and play friendly games like they do in othe leagues, if it is about tiredness then surely the leagues should say you can't go off on money making exhibition trips
Every day is a Fulham day

RaySmith

No to the winter break!
I love the Christmas games -keep me sane.

Kent Cassandra

Only one day to go Mike, remind me what happened the last time we played Ipswich on boxing day or was that Christmas Eve?
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

H4usuallysitting

I'd make the league a game of two halves....16 clubs in total....8 go up and 8 go down....but you can only go up if you beat the Premiership team in your equivalent bottom half.... 8th in the Prem plays 1st in the Championship.....but in the Premiership there are only 10 clubs.....yep, I have no idea what I'm talking about.....what about a footballing version of the hunger games

bog

Terry, how could I forget.... I could live with the same scoreline in our favour tomorrow..Happy Christmas from Thanet!

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove you don't need it.

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Woolly, those patronisng bank adverts really **** me off!!!!!

092.gif

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Boxing Day 1963 Fulham 10 Ipswich 1. Who can forget it?
To adapt another popular saying, if you can remember it you probably weren't there!
Rumour had it afterwards that Ipswich had over indulged before the match and you would not find that happening now.
In those days you played the same team twice in succession and I drove up to Ipswich on the Saturday expecting another walkover. We lost 4-2!! and they were bottom of the league I believe.