watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, what did we all get for Xmas?

Started by Wearethewhites, December 25, 2016, 03:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Anything out of the ordinary, or just your plain old socks, smelly's etc? Did any of you get any FFC related presents?

H4usuallysitting

Fulham Tup North

A Fulham T-Shirt with "its in my DNA" on it!
Also a wheel barrow for my allotment
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

EN1 FFC

Nope, just The Periodic Table of Heavy Rock (Book)  xmascheer1  049:gif

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 25, 2016, 06:55:32 PM
A Fulham T-Shirt with "its in my DNA" on it!
Also a wheel barrow for my allotment
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

love4ffc

I got airline tickets to London for early March with my son  :yay:  We'll be planning on attending the Preston and Leeds matches   049:gif  I have had to promise my son that I won't spend the entire time we are there in pubs  :beer:  I figure spending half the time will be good enough anyway   078.gif 

Really looking forward to this trip as my son has never been to Europe.  We'll spend a few days in London then head to Paris for a few days  :wine: 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

BedsFFC

bog

My daughter brought me a book....'All you want to know about Fulham FC'. Then when you open it there 200 blank pages....she thought it was a printing fault and got her money back but these are jokes and are 'printed 'for all clubs! Doh! Mind you my other daughter brought me two tickets for the Blackburn game.   :yay: :clap_hands:

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

:I was given a road sign from my brother with Fulham FC on it. Very original looking and a lot of people who I have shown are very envious. So our road is now called Fulham FC.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

I got an iPad from my wife and an air soccer table, got my usual stack of HMV vouchers from my sons about £100 quids worth.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

The latest Paxman book and John Grisham novel. I like a good read. Also some gadgets for my cooking and a couple of winter woolly things for all this erm mild weather :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HatterDon

We have no kids and all our nieces and nephews are adults now, so for the last 10 years or so, The Memsahib and I spend our "presents money" in two overnights on the San Antonio Riverwalk. We have two blowout dinners and play tourist in our home town. It's fun to pretend that you have money, and we'll remember how much fun we had every time our credit card bill comes due in 2017.

It's self indulgent, but it works for us.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

Ahhhh.....   The San Antonio Riverwalk at Christmas.  The lights, the giant cypress trees (some of them probably there before the Conquistadors), the restaurants, the stone walkovers, the guided tourist boats.  So pretty.  And then they drain it to clean all the refuse out of it, and for a week or so the magic goes away.  Little three feet deep canals.  I left S.A. before they extended the Riverwalk further north. 

I got a nice down feather vest, a zippered sweatshirt (nice), some dress socks sized to fit my big feet, a new tie, a new 'dress casual' button down shirt for work, some fancy schmancy face lotion to hydrate my skin.   (When the missus gives you something like that, I've learned just to smile, feign great interest, and thank her very much, even if I know I'll never use it.)

We also have a tradition in our family to fill stockings hung above the fireplace, each stocking with its own name.  Nothing fancy.  Started by my parents, who would put little token gifts inside.  An orange.  A pack of chewing gum.  A few small bits of paper money, something fun that would fit into the stocking back then, like Silly Putty, a yo-yo, a deck of cards, a favourite bar of candy.  When my parents died and I became a parent in turn, we continued the tradition with our kids.  But something got lost in translation over the years.  They don't quite get what was so endearing about these stockinged  mini-gifts of my childhood.  They got, in a word, spoiled.  They began to expect ever-nicer token gifts in their stockings.  For instance, on top of everything else I bought and stuffed in there, I added some scratch-off lottery tickets.   Something different.  Hey, you never know....   Thought it would be fun to sit around together for a few minutes and scratch off some lottery games for the possibility of some instant winners.   Anyway, my daughter (in her 20s mind you) announced she didn't want them, didn't understand how to 'play' the tickets, didn't want to take the time to learn how, and handed them back to me.   I was more than a little angry, but of course put on my best lotion-receiving face and didn't give her a piece of my mind.  No, I played the games myself, and then handed her the winning tickets from the batch.  After all, it's Christmas.  Here's hoping she matures a bit more between now and next December.

Mince n Tatties

St. Andrews White

Was bought Fulham shotglasses from dad... Can't say they won't be put to good use!
Oh and Who tickets for April, brilliant
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

davew

A new driver headcover (FFC printed and colours) and the book "Fulham a nostalgic Look at a Century of the Club", brilliant presents!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Peabody

A family get together at Sutton Bowls Club for Christmas dinner (which was excellent). Good food, good company and no washing up.

Shredhead

My daughter made me a Fulham badge out of Hama beads and also gave me the BFG DVD. I love both of them.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

G_Gribby

I got a "Palloni Di Fichi", which is something that looks like an Stone Age version of a cricket ball in both size and weight. In accordance with the information supplied it's "Dottato" figs are slowly baked wrapped in fig leaves. It all comes apparently from Cosenzo province in southern Italy and will be cut with a sharp knife and eaten with fresh soft cheese and a spicy red wine. It also has has the quality seal "Non Solo Mafia".

I'm not sure if I got it from my mother, sister or wife, and I'm not sure if I dare to eat it.

:022:
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

filham

The GCHQ Puzzle Book from my daughter, honestly the puzzles are so difficult, still looking for one I can understand. or even won that is easier than predicting a Fulham result.