watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Centre pack pairing today?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, December 26, 2016, 10:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I thought it worked having McDonald at the back because it meant we were able to play out from the back comfortably. When you have so much possession it can be more effective having 10 outfield players who can make good use of it. I think Utd have done this with Carrick a few times. The downside is defending set pieces we look very small and vulnerable but Martin is back which will help.

But away fron home against a physical team, do we take that gamble today? They don't score goals and don't attack much so do we go for it or does it make more sense to play Sigurdsson and madl?

The only other option is Ream but he'd be my 4th choice. Ironically that contradicts the idea of McDonald because Ream is tidy with the ball but my argument would be McDonald is better with the ball and defensively there isnt much difference with Ream being extremely light weight.

You know what, id go for it and make sure we go out there with the intention to dominate.

Button
Fred.    McD.     Madl.    Malone.

Parker.   
          Johnasen.  Cairney

Aluko.           Martin.        Ayite.

COYW!!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

alexbishop

I think we need McD in that anchor role in midfield to step in as third CB when our wing backs are forward so would keep him there. Parker can't play that role so I think we'd be exposed.

Ipswich will be physical from set pieces so I'd say we need Sig in that team if he is fit...otherwise will have to be Madl and Ream
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

AnEssexFan

I wouldn't mind seeing that line up today, although I still think Betts deserves a chance.
@leightonrw07

hovewhite

Marl and ream as not sure sig is up to it.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: alexbishop on December 26, 2016, 10:17:11 AM
I think we need McD in that anchor role in midfield to step in as third CB when our wing backs are forward so would keep him there. Parker can't play that role so I think we'd be exposed.

Ipswich will be physical from set pieces so I'd say we need Sig in that team if he is fit...otherwise will have to be Madl and Ream

I totally get that point about the McD role. And i agree Parker doesnt quite fit as a like for like replacement, to be honest i dont think anyone else can play that role. But we cant have Ream in against a team like Ipswich. Everytime Ream plays we look nervous defending crosses.

I wont mind whether we play my team above or have the usual side with madl and sig. But if Sig isnt available (still dont know if he got injured vs Derby) then its a choice of  McDonald & Madl or Madl & Ream and Parker isnt that bad at the anchor role lol.

I have faith in Joka whatever he does but id be looking to offload Ream in Jan along with the likes of Woodrow Smith Tunnicliffe etc...

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

MJG

Parker playing deep and passing around in front or just in our box is the thing of nightmares...hope we dont see it.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on December 26, 2016, 10:28:17 AM
Parker playing deep and passing around in front or just in our box is the thing of nightmares...hope we dont see it.

Was thinking who else could start there if we did play McD at the back. Tunnicliffe?

The thing of nightmares for me is playing Ream against a team that normally plays long ball and scores from crosses.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

alexbishop

Let's put Matt Smith at CB...

Ironically Ream could probably do that anchor role if wanted to move McD into CB but as said above don't think he is confident enough in that position over 90mins.

Tricky decision and think we just need to trust our esteemed Head Coach on this one.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

colinwhite

It's our Achilles heel as things stand
Have a hunch he may go with Macdonald and madl but agree with Mjg that parkers possession causes us problems with too many balls to Buttons etc

@jolslover

I think all 3 of Madl Sig Ream are good at this level. But I would have Madl because I think hes the best of the 3, and Sigurdsson because Ipswich are a more physical side so his power is needed.
Would not be surprised to see Ream and Madl after how Sigurdsson played last game however.
STH H3

grandad

Play Madl, Sig & Ream as part of a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Yes that's one of 2 or 3 options, but it could work. One thing I am sure of is that Jok will keep MM guessing.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

The team was just beginning to look good and settled then the hidden centre back problem came to light.

Without Kalas we are likely to crumble to a long ball team who will expose our weakness at set pieces.

We need the best two at the back plus the cover from McDonald in midfield, moving McDonald into the back four away to Ipswich should not be an option.

So it looks to me as if it is Sigurdsson and Madle at the centre of defence and we must just hope that they have been subjected to intense training since their last outing.

Arthur

Quote from: MJG on December 26, 2016, 10:28:17 AM

Quote from: alexbishop on December 26, 2016, 10:17:11 AM

I agree.

Playing two from Madl, Ream and Sigurdsson, as opposed to trying to accommodate Parker, seems the better option.

alexbishop

Hmmm team news in and Sigurdson fit enough to make bench but Ream has been preferred.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

bill taylors apprentice

I like the fact that the manager is not happy with Sigurdsson and expects more from him.

I'm just a little worried that he only has Ream to turn to.

Many said how well Ream played against Reading but he could have brought out a deck chair that day as there was almost no
threat. He looks the business when under no pressure, unfortunately that's far down the list of whats required.

dannyboi-ffc

I'll take Joka's judgement over mine. COYW!!!!!!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Carborundum

Watching Bristol's two goals against Wolves, I'm not pining for Richard Stearman as an option.  Dan Burn appears to have just scored an own goal

Matches aren't won at half time, but zero shots for Ipswich bodes well.

Woolly Mammoth

After all our worries and concerns about the CB pairing we end up keeping a clean sheet. It's a funny old game.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.