News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What I think was most important about today's result.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 26, 2016, 06:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Yes we got the three points and we are still in the hunt for the playoffs, however, I think what is most important was that we dominant and show true strength in character against a physically dominant team. Ipswich are renowned for their strength in tackles and their 'in your face' football...and all things considered we didn't let it phase us and played them off the park. Shows an improvement in our mental strength and fortitude - well done Slav and the lads. Next two games are against high-flying opponents, we need to pick up points against them, either two draws or 1 win minimum, and I think we can get points from both!

5 games on the trot unbeaten, 3 wins 2 draws - not too shabby!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Mince n Tatties

The disappointing thing is the Button and Ream knockers will have nothing to moan about...lol

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 26, 2016, 06:26:38 PM
The disappointing thing is the Button and Ream knockers will have nothing to moan about...lol

Ream did make that poor flick back to button that he had to parry away before an own goal was scored...but besides that they two were solid. Ream a rock, Button with little to do.

Mince n Tatties

WokinghamWhite

Over on the Ipswich Town website, Mick McCarthy says "That was the best display I've seen from a visiting team here this season.", McCarthy might have his own reasons for saying that, but it's still nice to hear it.

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 26, 2016, 06:32:23 PM
Or maybe they Will..lol

By no means am I knocker of either of them, just pointing out one small error, besides that they were great!

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: WokinghamWhite on December 26, 2016, 06:34:17 PM
Over on the Ipswich Town website, Mick McCarthy says "That was the best display I've seen from a visiting team here this season.", McCarthy might have his own reasons for saying that, but it's still nice to hear it.

Regardless, that is brilliant to hear!

f321ffc

Quote from: WokinghamWhite on December 26, 2016, 06:34:17 PM
Starting to get a collection of other clubs managers and fans saying we have been the best team they have seen this season, they can't all be wrong. COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

hovewhite

Could be the game we come of age with this squad.well done to Slav and the squad.coyw

fulhamben

The ole button had nothing to do so must be good thread. Well it has been a long time since the last one. Jess some people can't just enjoy a good win
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

No Kalas and we were beginning to have doubts about our back four so the clean sheet is most welcomed.

bill taylors apprentice

I agree with the OP !

I've suggested elsewhere that converting our possession and general play into the goal it deserves is not always possible and the best teams learn how to win ugly to keep the points ticking over.

I'm not suggesting we played ugly football today but in a way it was good to win with two set pieces and not worry about the oppositions physical approach and maybe we have moved up a level regards our confidence.

I believe there's a point where top teams not only expect to win regardless but they have lost the fear of losing and that ensures they play as one, like Tigana's promoted team

Maybe we are close to that again ?

Fulham Tup North

and with Kalas to come back, our back 4 looking very steady.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

If we don't go up I will paint my shed Chelsea blue(on second thoughts no way)..We are the best side in the league by a mile..Coyw.

BedsFFC

Small point re the OP. I agree with the sentiment but Ipswich fans will tell you they are far from physical. They think they get bullied.

Burt

The most important thing about today's result is that as with the last few results most of the teams above us are on a good run of form so it is important to keep picking up the points so that we keep in touch. We seem to be doing this, although it would be good to string a few consecutive wins together.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 26, 2016, 06:26:38 PM

It's the Door Knockers that worry me !
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 26, 2016, 07:52:01 PM
If we don't go up I will paint my shed Chelsea blue(on second thoughts no way)..We are the best side in the league by a mile..Coyw.

Or 1,760 yards.

Never forget your Roots.