watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two massive games ahead

Started by Robbie, December 28, 2016, 09:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

We are doing well but not really catching up.
Six points - dreamland !
Four points - here's hoping.

Woolly Mammoth

The manager and the team have to go into each game now expecting to win them, that's what all good teams do. They know that better than I do, and if they are to be serious contenders for a top six place they need to be ruthless as well.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Arthur

I think we'll win both.

Other teams, even good teams (specifically, in this instance, Reading and Brighton), know that, if we get our passing game going and defend well, they can't better us. First and foremost, therefore, our opponents are depending upon us not being at our best to stand a decent chance of getting something from the game.

I'm confident enough that we'll defend well enough to pick up two victories.

MJG

Our form against the other 7 sides in top 8 is good so 4points min could be good.

Fulham76

I predicted 9 points from Ipswich, Reading & Brighton on another thread last week. I'm sticking with that - I think we'll win the next 2.

SuffolkWhite

Posted this on another thread,

Playing the top teams in this division is a bonus I think as they will attempt to play more open football generally, this helps us to attack better. I'm confident for this game just as long as we cut out silly mistakes at the back.

On our day we are a match for any team home or away and the points should start racking up in the second half of the season hopefully.

COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HatterDon

These may be the  toughest away match and toughest home match we face for the rest of the season.

If we can get a point from each, I'm thinking we just might make the playoffs.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bill2

While I am in no doubt that these will be two very tough games, I am sure they are thinking the same. Let us make no mistake the way we are playing we are one of the best sides in the Championship and I don't believe either Reading or Brighton are looking forward to playing us. While in previous years they would be rubbing their hands with glee and thinking max points, not so this year.

As long as we don't squander our chances as we did against Ipswich we will get points.

copthornemike

Absolutely delighted with the way is playing in terms of the quality of the football the team is playing at the moment - but even when we are passing the opposition off the pitch we are not killing off the game at the same time. The first half v Brighton was an excellent example and it could well happen again in the next two matches - Brighton especially. 

Still - lets enjoy the entertainment  the team are serving up ath the moment. Ayite and Aluko may well miss some sitters but they don't half make football a wonderful game to watch.

MJG

As I consider Brighton too far ahead for us to ever catch I'd sacrifice that game to get three points over Reading if given the choice.
Even four points only work if it's Reading we beat.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Arthur on December 28, 2016, 10:49:21 AM
I think we'll win both.

Other teams, even good teams (specifically, in this instance, Reading and Brighton), know that, if we get our passing game going and defend well, they can't better us. First and foremost, therefore, our opponents are depending upon us not being at our best to stand a decent chance of getting something from the game.

I'm confident enough that we'll defend well enough to pick up two victories.
I agree with what you are saying Arthur, but by the same token, if Reading & Brighton know that, as you say, then surely they will both by happy to see the games against us as important games NOT to lose.  So if they think that we are a real danger, they will go out to ensure that they 'Don't' lose them rather than we don't win them.  They might just close up shop, hope to catch us on the break and put large numbers behind the ball.  Our game is to run with the ball and pass it about.  We play better against teams who want to play football.  We struggle to beat sides who play negative football.
Minimum 2 points, 4 excellent, 6 dreamland!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ToodlesMcToot

I've never thought of McCarthy as someone who throws out compliments to opposition willy nilly. He's said we are the best Ipswich have played all season. In fact, that comment and the like have been coming from opponents for a good little while now, even when we've not gotten a great result.

I don't think anyone should go thinking we're World beaters based upon what Mick McCarthy says but, I see no reason not to go into any match from here on out expecting to come out with three pts.

As someone else stated, it's a little bit of killer instinct that we lack but, hopefully that will come with results.

I think we'll take all three from Reading. Will worry about the Brighton result when the time comes.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Neil D

Quote from: MJG on December 28, 2016, 03:06:25 PM
As I consider Brighton too far ahead for us to ever catch I'd sacrifice that game to get three points over Reading if given the choice.
That's a good way of evaluating the two games.  It does make a difference where these points come from - except I will be at the Cottage (industrial action permitting) and won't be at Reading.  Still, seeing us lose at home this season isn't exactly a novelty.

filham

Quote from: MJG on December 28, 2016, 03:06:25 PM
Yes, the match against Reading is a six pointer and the one best to win . Of course a win at Reading would then put us all in the right frame of mind for a super performance at home to Brighton.