watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hangerland - legend in the making.

Started by Jimpav, August 25, 2010, 03:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

There are several reasons why I think Brede is a legend in the making.

Loyalty - He shows a true commitment to Fulham which he has always been quick to declare when the rumour mill cranks up a notch. If he is true to his word and does not jump ship to join Roy then he will proved himself already.

Big goals - Although not a prolific scorer he has always scored in very big matches for us. Against Arsenal, Roma, Shakatar and now Man United.

For much of the Man U game he was left in our half whilst Hughes came up for the set pieces. Arguably so because at any sign of attack he was snuffing Hernandez out of the game but against lesser opposition we could afford to have him coming up for more balls.

Potential captaincy - He is clearly a well respected member of the team and a level headed one at that. There are few players with a better attitude than him, which would only serve to help when dealing with refs. With Murphy on the way out he would be my choice for the armband.

AlFayedsChequebook

Agree that the Captaincy should be given to him, although is Hughes not the vice captain? To be honest, either one of them would be great!

If Brede stays until the end of his current contract/extends it then I think we have not only a Fulham legend but one of the best central defenders to ever have played for Fulham.

Love his goalscoring, went mental when he scored against Shakthar!

SmithyFFC

Was anyone else at the Hamburg away game? At the end of the game when all of the players came round and clapped the fans, Brede came round and simply pointed at the badge as if to say 'this is what its about'. what a legend.
FTID

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

he sums the atitude of the club up for me,honest, loyal, a true gentleman and will get stuck in when the muck and bullets are flying-love the guy :59:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on August 25, 2010, 06:36:51 PM
he sums the atitude of the club up for me,honest, loyal, a true gentleman and will get stuck in when the muck and bullets are flying-love the guy :59:
Will be an Arsenal player by sept 1st (insert fishing smilie here).