https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gera on the move?

Started by SmithyFFC, August 25, 2010, 04:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmithyFFC

Zoltan Gera

Fulham to Auxerre

The Hungary international has held talks about his future with Fulham amid concerns he will become a bit-part player under Mark Hughes.

Gera enjoyed a decent season last campaign and was hoping to continue this term but Hughes has brought in Moussa Dembele to work alongside Bobby Zamora and that will limit Gera's options.

Hughes is believed to be still looking at strengthening his attacking options and may try and do a loan deal which could push Gera further down the pecking order unless Hughes utilises him in a different role.

European clubs are circling but Gera is keen to stay in the Premier League and could find a new home before Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1306029/THE-INSIDER-Zoltan-Geras-Fulham-future-uncertain.html#ixzz0xdGcUVIU
FTID

AlFayedsChequebook

Would be gutted to see him leave, I think he can have a big role to play this season.

Always gives 100% for Fulham and was excellent last season. Don't do it Mark!!!

Jimpav

I would be really sorry to see him go but he does not seem to be a prominent figure under Hughes so far.

I feel there is room for both him and Dempsey but if Gera feels he is worth a start every game then I couldn't blame him for moving on.

SmithyFFC

Personally I don't think theres any chance of this happening. However, although before the United game, Hughes said Gera had missed a couple of days of training but would be fit to play against United.

I still think that Gera will have a big part to play this year though.  :54:
FTID

Tom

I don't think Gera is going anywhere. He loves playing at Fulham. He is very valuable to our team and it would be foolish to sell him.
Fulham for life!

RidgeRider

as we continue to, hopefully, improve the squad, some players who we have relied on, and have hailed over the past two for their good play, will likely get unsettled and want to move on so they can play.

Even if this report is crap, it is likely to happen in a couple of cases, which will be hard because our starting 11 has given us so much to cheer for.

JBH

Personnally I can't see Zoltan leaving, Mark Hughes has already said how he rates him so this just looks like a rumour started by his agent to get him a better deal at FFC.

However if he does want out then there is not much we as fans can do about it is there?

ImperialWhite

I hope it isn't true, but it does seem that our new Belgian lad has a very similar role to Gera. Perhaps we're being more ambitous these days, and it's cover? We do have two decent options in most areas of the pitch these days.

RidgeRider

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 25, 2010, 04:54:50 PM
I hope it isn't true, but it does seem that our new Belgian lad has a very similar role to Gera. Perhaps we're being more ambitous these days, and it's cover? We do have two decent options in most areas of the pitch these days.

Except at LB. Konch can't go!....oh this thread is about Gera. Nevermind....... :002:

The Swan

I wondered why Gera did not start last Sunday. Also why Hughes did not bring him on sooner .
I do hope that Gera stays with us because he is an excellent player. I admired him when he played for West Brom but was disappointed when he first played for us. What a great improvement in the last few seasons. Please Mr Hughes don't let Gera go.
The Swan

bigalffc

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 25, 2010, 04:38:39 PM
Would be gutted to see him leave, I think he can have a big role to play this season.

Always gives 100% for Fulham and was excellent last season. Don't do it Mark!!!
totally agree
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

bog

I hope not! I really rate him. He took awhile to settle in but now he is a much valued member of the squad. NO! 

White Noise

Last terms player of the season, Mr Europa League, the comeback kid, the missing link, the hardest working man at Fulham, Zamora's right hand man, a lover of all things Fulham, settled with his family, just recovering from a slight injury and pretty key tonight - a man less likely to leave it would be hard to name.

SmithyFFC

I think tonight Zoltans first goal showed his commitment to the club by getting a big kick on the nose!

His turn and finish for his second were superb :Sparkyticus:

COYW
FTID

Whiteroom

I would be really sad to see him go. It has been a momentous last couple of seasons and it would bring a tear to my eye to see any of the boys who helped us along the way leave the club because they didn't feel they were needed. I too think that Gera will have a big role this season. He is a great guy and a brilliant player.