Main Menu

Hodgson Confirms Konchesky Interest + Talks + No Kons Tonight = Worried Owen

Started by os5889, August 25, 2010, 07:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0825/kuytd.html

Hodgson unhappy with Kuyt pursuit

Wednesday, 25 August 2010 19:04
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has suggested forces are at work behind the scenes in an attempt to lure forward Dirk Kuyt to Inter Milan.

And the 62-year-old claimed Inter's ex-Reds boss Rafael Benitez would be reneging on an agreement not to raid Anfield for former players.

Hodgson denied any knowledge of Kuyt wanting to leave despite suggestions by his agent that talks between the two clubs are continuing.

The Englishman did confirm, however, that the club had held talks with his former side Fulham over left-back Paul Konchesky.

'Dirk has not expressed that sentiment to me,' said Hodgson, who insisted the assurances he had received from Inter president Massimo Moratti last week that the Italians were not intending to buy any Liverpool players still held firm.

'When he left the club Rafael Benitez signed an agreement that he would not poach players from Liverpool.

'We haven't received an offer from any club so this is something obviously going on behind the scenes, with the agent possibly talking to the manager of Inter Milan.

'We don't welcome any offers, we haven't received an offer and at this late stage of the transfer window it would be remarkably unusual for us to accept an offer for a player we don't want to leave for money we don't need.

'I would suggest, with respect, if his agent had a serious plan to move him to the club he should have been working during the last four to five weeks and not the last few days.

'It is highly unlikely we could receive any offer from another club which we could seriously entertain.'

Kuyt's agent Rob Jansen claimed in the Dutch press that negotiations were on-going.

'The two clubs continue to talk, but things are moving slowly,# he said. 'The difference between demand and offer is important.

'It is something between the clubs but Dirk told Liverpool he no longer wants to be involved as this is something that regards his career and life.

'It doesn't mean he wants to leave at all costs, but when a club like Inter comes along it's normal to look into the situation further.'

On Konchesky, Hodgson said he was one of the players under consideration to strengthen the left side of his defence.

'We had discussions with Fulham about whether they were prepared to sell any of their players and I would be lying if I said Paul was not a name we considered,' said the Liverpool boss on his arrival in Trabzon for their Europa League play-off second leg tie.

'Whether or not there is a chance of business is still very much up in the air.'

The future of Javier Mascherano is no nearer being resolved with the midfielder again left out of the squad after Barcelona's bid was rejected.

But Hodgson said he hoped there would be a conclusion one way or the other in the next few days and did not rule out selecting the Argentina captain for Sunday's Barclays Premier League match at home to West Brom.

'I wouldn't want to say he has played his last game for Liverpool,' said the Liverpool manager.

'The negotiations are ongoing between the two clubs and if he had played here it might have prejudiced the transfer and I didn't wish to do that to the player.

'I am seriously hoping that in the next couple of days it will be sorted out one way or another - although I have no idea which way that will be.

'Tomorrow night was out of the question but Sunday is very much a question because I think by then I should know one way or another whether he is going to play for Liverpool this season or Barcelona.'

FatFreddysCat

What a lying two faced slag, i now really hate the man  :014:. I cant see Mo letting Woy having Konch under any circumstances. Hope he gets the sack by xmas.

SmithyFFC

FTID

os5889

Hazey

Makes me laugh how he cries over Benitez's actions, then does exactly the same!

I still love what Roy achieved with us and hopefully this is all just media hype.  If not I will be losing respect for him quickly.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

os5889

Not hype if its a direct quote

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/08/25/manual_193354.html

KONCHESKY ON REDS WANTED LIST
By Carl Markham, Press Association Sport, Trabzon

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson admitted he is interested in raiding his former club Fulham for full-back Paul Honchesky.

Hodgson said he was one of the players under consideration to strengthen the left side of his defence.

"We had discussions with Fulham about whether they were prepared to sell any of their players and I would be lying if I said Paul was not a name we considered," said the Liverpool boss on his arrival in Trabzon for their Europa League play-off second leg tie.

"Whether or not there is a chance of business is still very much up in the air."

The future of Javier Mascherano is no nearer being resolved with the midfielder again left out of the squad after Barcelona's £16million bid was rejected.

But Hodgson said he hoped there would be a conclusion one way or the other in the next few days and did not rule out selecting the Argentina captain for Sunday's Barclays Premier League match at home to West Brom.

"I wouldn't want to say he has played his last game for Liverpool," said the Liverpool manager.

"The negotiations are ongoing between the two clubs and if he had played here it might have prejudiced the transfer and I didn't wish to do that to the player.

"I am seriously hoping that in the next couple of days it will be sorted out one way or another - although I have no idea which way that will be.

"Tomorrow night was out of the question but Sunday is very much a question because I think by then I should know one way or another whether he is going to play for Liverpool this season or Barcelona."

Two departures confirmed today were that of Alberto Aquilani, who completed his loan move to Juventus with a reported option for a £13million permanent deal, and Hungarian striker Krisztian Nemeth, who has joined Greek club Olympiacos where he will link up with former Liverpool winger Albert Riera.

Hodgson has travelled to Turkey without seven first-team players - Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Maxi Rodriguez, Daniel Agger, Milan Jovanovic, Danny Wilson and Mascherano - for one reason or another.

That makes the task in Trabzon all the more difficult despite their 1-0 lead from the first leg.

"I am confident the team that plays will do a good job, work very hard and do their level-best to get a result," said Hodgson.

"I thought we were a bit unlucky not to have come here with a bigger lead, which would have made the task easier, but it isn't easy."

os5889

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/reds-confirm-konchesky-talks

Reds confirm Konchesky talks

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed he has spoken to former club Fulham regarding a possible move for Paul Konchesky.

Sky Sports.com revealed earlier on Wednesday that Liverpool had lined up a deal for Konchesky as Hodgsonseeks to bring in a new left-back.

Konchesky joined Fulham three years ago from West Ham United and was a regular during Hodgson's time at Craven Cottage.

A reunion with his old boss could now be on the cards after Hodgson acknowledged he has discussed a potential swoop for the 29-year-old.

However, the recently-appointed Reds boss is unsure whether the twice-capped England international will pitch up at Anfield.

"We had discussions with Fulham about whether they were prepared to sell any of their players and I would be lying if I said Paul was not a name we considered," said Hodgson on his arrival in Trabzon for their Europa League play-off second leg tie.

"Whether or not there is a chance of business is still very much up in the air."

FatFreddysCat

And surely a 100% proof of tapping up, oh i forgot they're ex big 4 so it dosen't count.

Andy Crysell

The 1st line of your post totally nailed it, Hazey.  I'm sharing the Cat's anger too!

Quote from: Hazey on August 25, 2010, 08:15:49 PM
Makes me laugh how he cries over Benitez's actions, then does exactly the same!

I still love what Roy achieved with us and hopefully this is all just media hype.  If not I will be losing respect for him quickly.

RidgeRider

Quote from: os5889 on August 25, 2010, 07:56:33 PM
and guess whos not in our squad tonight?

"la, la, la, la, laa....I can't hear you".  :dft005:

finnster01

Quite frankly I am not surprised.

If he can walk out on a team at the last minute despite saying the opposite, not having the balls to tell the chairman to his face but just use the phone, then saying to the media he will not raid his old club only to be followed by tapping up the only left back in the club.

I lost a lot of respect for Roy over the way he left and put the club in a very difficult situation. Now, after all this tapping up nonsense which is illegal and then have the nerve to complain about Rafa, it is a little too much. At least Honest 'arry doesn't pretend to be a scholar and a gentleman. :034:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Mr Fulham

Quote from: finnster01 on August 25, 2010, 10:13:02 PM
Quite frankly I am not surprised.

If he can walk out on a team at the last minute despite saying the opposite, not having the balls to tell the chairman to his face but just use the phone, then saying to the media he will not raid his old club only to be followed by tapping up the only left back in the club.

I lost a lot of respect for Roy over the way he left and put the club in a very difficult situation. Now, after all this tapping up nonsense which is illegal and then have the nerve to complain about Rafa, it is a little too much. At least Honest 'arry doesn't pretend to be a scholar and a gentleman. :034:

Wise words, Finnster, wise words! :54:

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Steve_orino

The Konch-shell is pretty solid - would be ok if he stayed...

But with a solid backline 3, why not let a younster such as Briggs make the move up and start bleeding him in.  Kelly isn't great but would serve as a capable back-up...just a thought.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Tom

Quote from: Steve_orino on August 26, 2010, 03:51:32 AM
The Konch-shell is pretty solid - would be ok if he stayed...

But with a solid backline 3, why not let a younster such as Briggs make the move up and start bleeding him in.  Kelly isn't great but would serve as a capable back-up...just a thought.
No to Kelly.
Fulham for life!

LRCN

i'd be disappointed to lose him but konch out, salcido in with 2 million quid profit is a good bit of business. also as one of his biggest defenders i'm a bit annoyed too in roy, when he said he wouldn't raid fulham for players i interpreted it as he wouldn't come in for any fulham player, he does talk a bit tongue in cheek, so then for him to come in for a fulham player is a bit out of order