0 - 1 Barnsley
QPR
2 - 1 Ipswich
Sheff Wed
0 - 0 Wolves
Wigan
0 - 1 Hudderfield

WhiteJC

Derby County's Chris Martin does not feature in line-up for Fulham against Brighton

Derby County striker Chris Martin does not feature for loan club Fulham once again, as the saga about his future with the London side continues.

Martin joined Fulham from Derby at the end of August on a season-long loan but he pulled out of their Championship clash at Reading on Friday night.

It is believed he has told Fulham that he has played his last game for them and that he wants to return to Derby, where he has been leading scorer in the past three seasons.

Steve McClaren says it is down to the two clubs, Derby County and Fulham, to sort out where striker Martin will play his football in the second half of the season.

But, in Fulham's line-up for their clash against Brighton in the Championship today, Martin again does not feature:

Meanwhile, Derby County transfer target Henri Lansbury is still missing from the Nottingham Forest side, as they take on Barnsley. The former Arsenal man is not likely to come back into the side until later this month.

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-s-chris-martin-does-not-feature-in-line-up-for-fulham-against-brighton/story-30025087-detail/story.html#PFJAyqqXsGJB8e8Y.99

WhiteJC

Familiar problems cost Fulham as Whites beaten by Brighton
Failure to take chances costs Slavisa Jokanovic's side once again as Seagulls take the points

Fulham's Lucas Piazon.

Fulham's killer instinct, or lack of it, once again came to the fore as they let a 1-0 lead slip against table toppers Brighton.

The Whites were the better side for the majority of the contest, with Stefan Johansen missing a penalty, and took the lead through Lucas Piazon 10 minutes into the second half.

The home side were dominating play but failed to create any meaningful chances but Tomer Hemed's introduction changed the flavour of the contest.

He won a penalty after being brought down by Ragnar Sigurdsson and scored it himself to equalise.

Just seconds later, Anthony Knockaert burst through the home defence and, although his shot was saved by David Button, Lewis Dunk followed up to head Brighton into the lead.

Fulham pushed forward with increasing desperation but the Seagulls showed why they are top of the league with a resilient defensive performance.

The Whites can take heart from their display but a familiar problem of not making their dominant spells count cost them once again.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/familiar-problems-cost-fulham-whites-12395364

WhiteJC

Brighton take top spot after Lewis Dunk seals comeback win at Fulham

Chris Hughton admits Brighton were fortunate to secure the 2-1 victory at Fulham that moved them back to the top of the Championship. His side extended their unbeaten run to 18 league games after two goals in two second-half minutes – the first a Tomer Hemed penalty, followed by Lewis Dunk's header – overturned Lucas Piazon's 55th-minute opener.

Hughton, who was grateful for David Stockdale's penalty save from Stefan Johansen that ensured Brighton reached half-time on level terms, said: "We probably didn't deserve the win but we showed enough. There were periods in the game where Fulham looked very good. It is very difficult when you are playing a team as expansive as these are. You have to make sure you don't allow them opportunities to play.

"We found it difficult but we came away with the best chance in the first half but we needed a goalkeeper who was very good today and sometimes those ingredients win you games."

Albion took advantage of Newcastle's shock defeat at Blackburn to move two points clear. "The challenge for the players is to stay at the top," Hughton added.

"We have stressed to the players the second half of the season will be harder because everyone is pushing harder, expectation levels rise and we have to manage that. We have not done anything yet. There is still too much of the season to go. I hope the experience of last season will help, but we won't know until the end of the season."

Fulham's manager, Slavisa Jokanovic, again insisted Chris Martin will not be allowed to end his season-long loan from Derby and return to his parent club. Martin had made himself unavailable for last Friday's game with Reading and Jokanovic admitted the player had insisted he was not fit to face Brighton.

The manager said: "We signed the contract, all three sides – Derby, Fulham and Chris Martin – and there is no option for a recall. This is nice because they offer him more money and more years, but this solution does not exist. He was going to stay until the end of the season. That is my position and Fulham's position. And that's it.

"He is still trying to explain that he is injured but my medical department did not find any problem at the moment. I am not doctor here, and we are going to try and find where this problem is.

"When we played Derby three or four weeks ago [Derby's manager] Steve McClaren asked me about Chris Martin because he explained he likes this player. And I explained he is under contract, I want to keep him and recommended that he look in the market for another option. But he must not have understood my English."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/02/fulham-brighton-hove-albion-championship-match-report

WhiteJC

Head Coach Reaction

Slaviša Jokanović was pleased with the performance of his Fulham side against Brighton & Hove Albion, if not the result.

Not for the first time this season, the Whites dominated their title-chasing opponents, but squandered a lead to fall to a harsh 2-1 defeat.

"We played very good football and dominated for many minutes, but we started to have problems on the field," he stated. "We didn't find enough quality solutions and they started to press us a little bit more strongly and be a little bit more solid, and they found a way to score two goals.

"I believe we played very close to our maximum level. The squad has done a great job, they are working very hard, but in the end we didn't find any compensation for this effort."

After losing Michael Madl and Floyd Ayité to illness and international duty, respectively, Jokanović's options were lessened for the visit of the Seagulls, and he hinted that business will be done in the January transfer window.

"More or less I have to be happy with our performance," he reiterated. "I believe we are very close to our maximum level. If we want to push ourselves a little bit higher we have to use this transfer window which is in front of us."

Chris Martin was absent once again for Fulham, and when asked about the ongoing situation, Jokanović repeated his stance on the Derby County loanee.

"I explained last game, we signed a contract and an option to recall doesn't exist from Derby's side," he confirmed. "This is nice because they tried to offer him more money and more years, but this solution doesn't exist.

"He is going to stay until the end of the season – this is my position, and this is Fulham's position, too.

"We played against Derby a few weeks ago and Steve McClaren asked me about Chris Martin, and explained to me that he likes this player.

"And I explained to him that he's under contract and I want him to stay, and I recommended that he looked in the market for another option. Maybe he didn't understand my English very well!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/02/head-coach-reaction

WhiteJC

Reading Update

Fulham and Reading are currently in discussions regarding the rearrangement of our abandoned fixture at the Madejski Stadium. A new date and ticket information will be published in due course.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/01/reading-update

WhiteJC

QPR Tickets

Tickets for Fulham's match against Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road on Saturday 21st January, 12:30pm, go on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members with 600 loyalty points or more from 10am on Tuesday 3rd January.

Fulham have been allocated the upper and lower tiers of the School End at Loftus Road, and ticket prices start from £29 for adults and £14 for juniors. Under 8s can attend for free with a paying adult. Full ticket pricing and further information can be found here.

Owing to demand, supporters are advised of the following selling schedule for this match:

Date

Available To

Tuesday 3rd January   On sale to ST and Members with 600 points or more
Thursday 5th January   On sale to ST and Members with 400 points or more
Monday 9th January
On sale to ST and Members with 200 points or more
Wednesday 11th January
On sale to ST and Members with 100 points or more
Friday 13th January
On sale to all ST and Members
Monday 16th January
On General Sale

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/02/qpr-tickets

WhiteJC

Derby loanee continues strike action as Fulham boss fires barbs at Steve McClaren
What is going on with Chris Martin? Slavisa Jokanovic answers the questions

Strike continues: Chris Martin

Slavisa Jokanovic has insisted, once again, that Chris Martin will stay at Fulham for the rest of the season.

The Derby loanee claimed he was not fit to face Reading due to an injury – a claim the Whites' medical staff deny and this repeated itself against Brighton on Monday afternoon.

The Whites boss suggested that the club will take disciplinary action against the striker and had previously told Rams manager Steve McClaren that he was not going to let Martin return to the iPro Stadium in January.

Below are the questions asked about the striker's current situation and how Jokanovic responded.

Q: What is the latest situation with Chris Martin?

SJ: "I explained at the last game that he signed a contract and all three sides to agree (for a recall).

"There don't exist any options for Derby to recall him. Derby tried to offer him more money and more years but this solution doesn't exist and he'll stay for the rest of the season.

"This is my position and is Fulham's position too. That's it."

Q: Did he not make himself available to play today or was he not selected?

SJ: "He's still trying to explain to us that he's injured. My medical department didn't find any problem at the moment.

"I am not a doctor here. What I believe is less important. We are going to try and find where this problem is."

Q: Will he be disciplined by the club

SJ: "You have to ask the club but probably. I am professional. Tomorrow, I have a day off and the next day I'm working.

"This is in my contract and I expect he has something similar in his contract. He has to be available with what is in front of us."

Q: Was he here?

SJ: "All the players have to be at the games when they don't play. It's the same rules for him too. I didn't check today because I have more important things to do."

Q: Have you spoken to Steve McClaren?

SJ: "I've spoken to him. We played against Derby four weeks ago and Steve asked me about Chris Martin and he explained to me that he liked this player.

"I explained that he is under contract and I want to stay with him and I recommended him looking in the market for another option. He probably doesn't understand my English very well."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-loanee-continues-strike-action-12395694?service=responsive

WhiteJC

4 Chiefs Players To Train With English Championship Outfit

Kaizer Chiefs have confirmed that four of their players are off to train with English Championship outfit, Fulham.

The club have confirmed that Lorenzo Gordinho, Ryan Moon, Emmanuel Letlotlo and Siyabonga Ngezana will train with English Championship outfit.

Chiefs are currently on a break and will resume league matters in February, although the length of the trip for the four players have not been revealed.

At the halfway point of the Absa Premiership season, Steve Komphela's charges sit in fourth spot, one point behind leaders Cape Town City.

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/south-africa/4-chiefs-players-to-train-english-championship-outfit/242252

WhiteJC

Williams returns to Fulham

Loanee George C Williams has returned to parent club Fulham.

Williams, a Dons Academy graduate, played 15 times during his third spell at Stadium MK, including a substitute appearance in Monday's Sky Bet League One clash with Chesterfield which proved to his final outing.

The Club would like to thank George for his contribution and wish him every success for the future.

Read more at http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/2016-17/williams-returns-to-fulham-george-c-williams-mk-dons-sky-bet-league-one-mk-dons-transfer-fulham-transfer-3497018.aspx#jUevRVwbzLBqKHdO.99

WhiteJC

Chris Hughton admits fortune favoured Brighton at Fulham

Chris Hughton admits Brighton were fortunate to secure the 2-1 victory at Fulham that moved them back to the top of the Championship.

Hughton's side extended their unbeaten run to 18 league games after two goals in two second-half minutes - the first a Tomer Hemed penalty, followed by Lewis Dunk's header - overturned Lucas Piazon's 55th-minute opener.

And Hughton - who was grateful for David Stockdale's penalty save from Stefan Johansen that ensured Brighton reached half-time on level terms - said: "We probably didn't deserve the win but we showed enough.

"There were periods in the game where Fulham looked very good. It is very difficult when you are playing a team as expansive as these are. You have to make sure you don't allow them opportunities to play.

"We found it difficult but we came away with the best chance in the first half but we needed a goalkeeper who was very good today and sometimes those ingredients win you games."

Albion took advantage of Newcastle's shock defeat at Blackburn to move two points clear at the summit.

"The challenge for the players is to stay at the top," Hughton added.

"We have stressed to the players the second half of the season will be harder because everyone is pushing harder, expectation levels rise and we have to manage that.

"We have not done anything yet. There is still too much of the season to go. I hope the experience of last season will help, but we won't know until the end of the season."

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic again insisted Chris Martin will not be allowed to end his season-long loan from Derby and return to his parent club.

Martin had made himself unavailable for last Friday's meeting with Reading and Jokanovic admitted the player had insisted he was not fit to face Brighton.

The manager said: "We signed the contract, all three sides - Derby, Fulham and Chris Martin - and there is no option for a recall.

"This is nice because they offer him more money and more years, but this solution does not exist. He was going to stay until the end of the season.

That is my position and Fulham's position. And that's it. "He is still trying to explain that he is injured but my medical department did not find any problem at the moment. I am not doctor here, and we are going to try and find where this problem is.

"When we played Derby three or four weeks ago (Derby manager) Steve McClaren asked me about Chris Martin because he explained he likes this player.

"And I explained he is under contract, I want to keep him and recommended that he look in the market for another option. But he must not have understood my English."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/fulham/chris-hughton-admits-fortune-favoured-brighton-at-fulham-1835929.html

WhiteJC

Chris Martin: Derby striker staying at Fulham says boss Slavisa Jokanovic

Chris Martin was allowed to leave Derby in August by former Rams manager Nigel Pearson

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic says there is no way that striker Chris Martin can be recalled from his loan spell by parent club Derby County.

Martin declared himself unfit for their abandoned game at Reading after interest from Derby boss Steve McLaren.

And the 28-year-old was not in the side for Monday's defeat by Brighton.

But Jokanovic insisted: "We signed the contract, all three sides - Derby, Fulham and Chris Martin - and there is no option for a recall."

He continued: "This is nice because they offer him more money and more years, but this solution does not exist.

"He was going to stay until the end of the season. That is my position and Fulham's position. And that's it."

The Fulham boss says Martin claims he is not fit to play, but says his medical team have yet to find any problem with the Scotland international.

"He is still trying to explain that he is injured but my medical department did not find any problem at the moment. I am not doctor here, and we are going to try and find where this problem is," he said.

"When we played Derby three or four weeks ago Steve McClaren asked me about Chris Martin because he explained he likes this player.

"And I explained he is under contract, I want to keep him and recommended that he look in the market for another option. But he must not have understood my English."

After Derby's 3-0 loss at Norwich on Monday, McLaren, who took over in October, again confirmed he was keen on bringing back Martin.

The forward scored 46 goals in two seasons at Derby during McLaren's previous spell at the club, helping them reach the 2014 Championship play-off final.

"That's at board level at both clubs," he told BBC Radio Derby.

"They made an agreement to do the loan and if it needs to be terminated they have to make a decision to do that."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38491900

WhiteJC

Fulham 1 Brighton 2: Whites' problems and Martin strike continues - five talking points from Craven Cottage
Opinion: Our reporter's take on the loss to the Seagulls and the current state of affairs at Craven Cottage

Sone Aluko holds the ball up (Photo: Surrey Advertiser)

Fulham's lack of killer instinct once again came to the fore as they let a 1-0 lead slip against table toppers Brighton.

The Whites were the better side for the majority of the contest, with Stefan Johansen missing a penalty, and took the lead through Lucas Piazon 10 minutes into the second half.

The home side were dominating play but failed to create any meaningful chances but Tomer Hemed's introduction changed the flavour of the contest.

He won a penalty after being brought down by Ragnar Sigurdsson and scored it himself to equalise.

Just seconds later, Anthony Knockaert burst through the home defence and, although his shot was saved by David Button, Lewis Dunk followed up to head Brighton into the lead.

Familiar problems

Battle: David Stockdale gathers (Photo: Surrey Advertiser)

Fulham dominated the game and deserved to take all three points but their recurring inability to kill teams off cost them against Brighton.

Stefan Johansen became the fourth Fulham player to miss a penalty after Chris Martin, Tom Cairney and Sone Aluko and this is something that has cost them in games.

Although, Lucas Piazon had given the Whites the lead they worked into several good areas but failed to seriously test David Stockdale in the Brighton goal.

The Seagulls, who had failed to threaten for the majority of the game, hit back with two goals in two minutes from Tomer Hemed and one-time Whites target Lewis Dunk.

It's a bitter pill to swallow for Jokanovic, who felt his side could not have played much better, but a familiar pattern has emerged.

Martin strike continues

On strike: Chris Martin (Photo: GetWestLondon)

Derby loanee Martin, once again, continued his strike action in a bid to return to the iPro Stadium.

As previously discussed after the game against Reading, it's a difficult position the club are in but Jokanovic is standing firm and confirmed Shahid Khan is backing him.

Why should Fulham let a player contracted to them for the rest of the season go back to his parent club when there is no clause for Derby to do that?

Rams fans criticising Jokanovic and Fulham for their stance should actually be pointing fingers at their own staff, past and present, for allowing the deal to not contain a straight recall clause.

The Whites are honouring a contract they have with Derby and Martin as they are perfectly entitled to do and Jokanovic told Steve McClaren in December exactly that.

The words coming from the iPro Stadium have been, in my opinion, designed to unsettle Martin and force a return. I repeat, this sort of behaviour would lead to tapping up charges if it was not a player out on loan.

This is going to run and run throughout January.

Africa calling

On duty: Floyd Ayite (Photo: GetWestLondon)

Floyd Ayite was absent from the Whites squad today but there was a much more acceptable reason for that, although no less inconvenient for Fulham.

The Togo midfielder has been called up by the national side for the African Cup of Nations and the Sparrow Hawks did not give permission for Ayite to play this afternoon.

Fulham, though, were allowed to select Congolese forward Neeskens Kebano and named him on the bench.

It's ironic in a way – they'd rather have received permission from Togo than Congo.

Is Smith the answer?

Frustration: Matt Smith (Photo: Surrey Advertiser)

Matt Smith started up front for Fulham for only the sixth time this season and gave a decent account of himself.

Slavisa Jokanovic isn't one of Smith's biggest fans as he hasn't started a game since September and has only been used sparingly from the bench, and Stephen Humphrys was preffered as a substitute option when the Whites faced Derby and Martin was ineligible.

While Smith failed to get a meaningful shot away, he certainly caused problems for the Seagulls and, maybe with game time, can show what he can do.

With Martin and Ayite unavailable, it's his chance. If he can grab it, it lessens Jokanovic's headache over the Derby loanee's current strike action.

Play-offs at best for Fulham

Scored: Lucas Piazon (Photo: Surrey Advertiser)

With all due respect to Slavisa Jokanovic's side, automatic promotion looks a long way off for Fulham at the moment.

They may have dominated the game against Brighton but the Seagulls were excellent defensively and it is easy to see why, under previous management, the Whites wanted Lewis Dunk.

The west Londoners can be content with their season so far going into 2017 as they are miles better than they were this time last year.

Fulham certainly have a chance of finishing in the play-offs and are currently the highest west London club in the Championship, having been the lowest in each of the last two seasons.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-1-brighton-2-whites-12396225

WhiteJC

Dunk delivers devastating blow
by DAN on JANUARY 2, 2017

Fulham squandered a glorious opportunity to close the gap on the Championship top six by throwing away a lead against high-flying Brighton and Hove Albion and allowing the league leaders to win a contest that even their manager Chris Hughton admitted they had no right to. If this was a taste of life without wantaway striker Chris Martin, it proved particularly putrid for a seething Slavisa Jokanovic.

The Serb's side dominated for large sections of an enthralling contest, enjoying plenty of possession, but missed a penalty and passed up several presentable chances even after Lucas Piazon had given them a second half lead before two dreadful defensive mistakes barely a minute apart handed the Seagulls victory. It was particularly galling that the starring roles in Brighton's comeback were played by a former Fulham player and a man that they strove so hard to acquire two summers ago. David Stockdale, jettisoned by Felix Magath at the start of his brutal post-relegation firesale, smartly saved Stefan Johansen's penalty and, little more than sixty seconds after Tomer Hemed had converted a Brighton spot-kick, long-term transfer target Lewis Dunk arrived unattended in the Fulham six yard box to head home the winner after David Button parried Anthony Knockaert's powerful shot.

Given Fulham's progressive football and how comfortable they appeared when Piazon's excellent finish threatened Brighton's seventeen match unbeaten run, it was alarming to see how just how quickly Jokanovic's side – who have been quietly gaining ground on the Championship's pacesetters over the past five weeks – buckled under pressure. Hughton deserves great credit for his enterprising response to see his side go a goal down, having thrown on Hemed and Solly March in search of an equaliser, and urged his charges to up the tempo from the sidelines. The response was immediate and devastatingly effective.

Albion, who had too often been passive in pressing Fulham's midfield during a first half were they were badly below-par, threw bodies forward and suddenly three orange shirts enveloped Kevin McDonald. The Scot's skittish attempts to evade the challengers only served to present the ball to Brighton in a dangerous area and, after Knockaert had surged towards the penalty area, Ragnar Sigurdsson felled Hemed. The Israeli dusted himself down and nonchalantly rolled the spot-kick past a befuddled Button.

Worse was to follow from the restart. Dunk, who was perhaps fortunate to still be on the field after appearing to have kicked out at Piazon in an off-the-ball scuffle during the first half, demonstrated Brighton's new-found ferocity by seizing on a loose ball and driving deep into Fulham territory. His pass located Knockaert in acres of space with Fulham's centre halves having been sucked in by Dunk's dangerous run and, when Button could only push the shot out in front of him, Dunk stooped to nod Albion ahead in front of more than 4,000 delirious away fans.

Such a scenario would have appeared implausible an hour earlier. Fulham began at a high tempo and Johansen lashed a sighter well over the bar from range before Sone Aluko had a shot blocked after a flowing move, but the home side received the perfect opportunity to go in front after a quarter an hour when veteran full-back Bruno handled the ball inside the box having flicked it up to try and clear the danger. Albion's protests didn't alter Stuart Attwell's decision but, after a long wait, Johansen's spot-kick was a tame sidefoot, although Stockdale's save was still first rate. For all of Fulham's command of territory and possession, that represented their only shot on target – and Matt Smith, picked to lead the line in Martin's absence, was effectively marshalled by Dunk and Shane Duffy.

Jokanovic would have implored his charges to deliver more of the same in the second period, but the missing incision in the final third was located within ten minutes of the restart. Tom Cairney cleverly threaded a perfect pass through a crowded penalty area to Piazon, who curled a lovely low effort beyond Stockdale and into the bottom corner. The Chelsea loanee should have made it two five minutes later but he directed his free header from Scott Malone's cross right at the former Fulham goalkeeper.

Smith was soon replaced by teenager Stevie Humphrys, but the young forward received little support as Brighton upped their search for a route back into the contest and it would be harsh to blame him for what was to transpire. There were warning signs with Sam Baldock, who had thrived on the straight ball played between the Fulham centre halves all afternoon, extending Button into turning aside his clever chip and Knockaert blazing wildly over at the back post when his composure uncharacteristically deserted him.

Ultimately, familiar fragility at the back cost Fulham dear. Heads dropped once Brighton equalised and, although there was a spirited response after Dunk's header, the home side had left themselves too much to do. Basic defensive mistakes have dogged two disappointing Championship campaigns and are now threatening to undermine a genuine promotion push. Fulham also missed the dynamism of Floyd Ayite, who was laid low by illness, and the hulking presence of Martin, of course, but the most telling missing ingredients were a lack of nous and game management, which Hughton's well-drilled Seagulls possess in abundance.

FULHAM (4-3-3): Button; Fredericks, Malone, Sigurdsson, Ream; McDonald (Kebano 88), Johansen, Cairney; Aluko, Piazon (Odoi 79), Smith (Humphrys 68). Subs (not used): Bettinelli, Sessegnon, Parker, Edun.

BOOKED: Smith.

GOAL: Piazon (55)

BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION (4-4-2): Stockdale; Bruno, Bong, Duffy, Dunk; Stephens, Norwood, Knockaert (Murphy 79), Skalak (March 66); Murray, Baldock (Hemed 70). Subs (not used): Mäenpää, Goldson, R. Hunt, Sidwell.

BOOKED: Knockaert.

GOALS: Hemed (pen 74), Dunk (75).

REFEREE: Stuart Attwell

ATTENDANCE: 24,300.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/01/dunk-delivers-devastating-blow/

WhiteJC

Jokanovic disappointed as Fulham's 'domination' counts for nothing

Slavisa Jokanovic rued a mad minute as Fulham led a winning position slip against league leaders Brighton and Hove Albion at Craven Cottage this afternoon and lost ground on the Championship's chasing pack.

The home side were in prime position to end the Seagulls' superb seventeen match unbeaten run after Lucas Piazon tucked away a splendid opener ten minutes after the break, but were left to rue a first half penalty miss from Stefan Johansen and a couple of glaring defensive errors. Brighton substitute Toner Hemed converted a spot-kick after he was brought down by Ragnar Sigurdsson and Lewis Dunk headed a winner just a minute later to take the points back to the south coast.

Jokanovic, whose preparations were further disrupted by illness ruling out Michael Madl and Floyd Ayite after Chris Martin downed tools last week, had words of consolation for his team after they bossed much of the game but ended up on the losing side. The Serbian head coach told his post-match press conference:

We played very good football and dominated for many minutes, but we started to have problems on the field. We didn't find enough quality solutions and they started to press us a little bit more strongly and be a little bit more solid, and they found a way to score two goals.

I believe we played very close to our maximum level. The squad has done a great job, they are working very hard, but in the end we didn't find any compensation for this effort. More or less I have to be happy with our performance. I believe we are very close to our maximum level. If we want to push ourselves a little bit higher we have to use this transfer window which is in front of us.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/01/jokanovic-disappointed-as-fulhams-domination-counts-for-nothing/

WhiteJC

Martin is staying at Fulham, insists Jokanovic

Slavisa Jokanovic has once again insisted that wantaway striker Chris Martin will be remaining at Fulham as there is no way for the loan deal between the club and Derby County to be annulled without the Cottagers' consent.

Martin downed tools at Motspur Park last week and refused to play against Reading on Friday night or against Brighton and Hove Albion at Craven Cottage this afternoon. The Scottish international wants to return to his parent club and be reunited with Steve McClaren, but Jokanovic has given such a suggestion short shrift. Speaking to the press after today's 2-1 defeat by Albion, the Serbian head coach was defiant:

We signed the contract, all three sides – Derby, Fulham and Chris Martin – and there is no option for a recall. This is nice because they offer him more money and more years, but this solution does not exist. He was going to stay until the end of the season. That is my position and Fulham's position. And that's it.

He is still trying to explain that he is injured but my medical department did not find any problem at the moment. I am not doctor here, and we are going to try and find where this problem is.

When we played Derby three or four weeks ago Steve McClaren asked me about Chris Martin because he explained he likes this player. And I explained he is under contract, I want to keep him and recommended that he look in the market for another option. But he must not have understood my English.

McClaren angered Fulham by speaking about his admiration for Martin and the possibility of the player returning to Derby on Saturday – and that may have been behind Jokanovic's colourful description of the conversation between the two managers this afternoon. The former England manager had insisted both managers 'should stay out of it' after Jokanovic angrily defended Fulham's position following the abandonment at Reading on Friday, although speaking to BBC Radio Derby this afternoon, McClaren admitted that Fulham would have the final say on whether Martin would be permitted to leave London.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/01/martin-is-staying-at-fulham-insists-jokanovic/