watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Whats gone wrong with Aluko

Started by The Swan, January 03, 2017, 06:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

I thought Aluko was awful yesterday. What has gone wrong with him. He was the one player I thought had pace and skill but in his last few games he has gone off the boil.

When he got voted Player of the Month it seemed to go to his head and he seemed to lose interest,

Come on Aluko sort yourself out and get on your tricky runs and set up goals again.
The Swan

dannyboi-ffc

I don't feel its gone to his head because I don't feel its an attitude/ego thing. He's a very grounded down to earth guy.

I agree he's gone off the boil but he was a free from Hull for a reason. If he performed the way he did in October every month then he'd be playing in the prem. I think he's just one of those frustrating players who can be superb or useless.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

@jolslover

Yh I think he hasnt made much impact since hes got POTM. Hopefully he rediscovers that form.
STH H3

copthornemike

Agree with Dannyboi - don't think it is an attitude thing. He did a lot of work off the ball yesterday and defensively he more than justifies a place in the team.

After his October performances opposition teams are now 'double teaming' to force him through the middle where his pace is less of a threat and to prevent their defenders having to deal with him in 1v1 situations. Possibly this why Ayite has started to become more effective as the opposition cannot double team everyone but as we werfe only too aware yesterday Ayite will be unavailable for a few weeks with the the African Nations tournament. 

stevehawkinslidingtackle

I  dont think he was useless. Just a forward against the best defence in the division. Always going to be tough. The only stand outs for me against arguably the best side we will have to face were Fredericks and Cairney, who i feel could both make the transition to top flight footy with ease . 

Mince n Tatties

He sulks,did it at Aberdeen and Hull when things don't go his way..
Dunk strolled past him without a challenge which led to their second goal.

FulhamStu

I thought he played well yesterday, maybe not his best game but caused problems for Brighton.

RaySmith

I also thought he did well - worked hard for the team.

He's the type who always gives his all, I think, but opposition teams will now be aware of him, and his incredible  form he's been on, terrorising defenders, and will want to do something to counter him.

hopper

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 03, 2017, 06:21:26 PM
I don't feel its gone to his head because I don't feel its an attitude/ego thing. He's a very grounded down to earth guy.

I agree he's gone off the boil but he was a free from Hull for a reason. If he performed the way he did in October every month then he'd be playing in the prem. I think he's just one of those frustrating players who can be superb or useless.

+1

HillingdonFFC

Not his best game but awful?? No chance, worked hard but as previous poster commented up against the meanest ,best drilled defence in the division.

Carborundum

For players who are aiming to beat their man through pace and trickery, the margins between success and failure seem particularly fine.  Carrying a knock, receiving extra attention from the opposition and Lady Luck can all play a role.  So experience tells me that this type of player comes in two varieties.  Those that blow hot and cold. Those that blow cold and colder.  He's one of the good ones.

Horsfield_No9

I didn't think he was bad but always tries to do a bit too much and ends up falling over or losing the ball. So often he does the hard part of beating a player only to scuff his pass or shot. A little frustrating.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

toshes mate

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on January 03, 2017, 06:34:17 PM
I  dont think he was useless. Just a forward against the best defence in the division. Always going to be tough. The only stand outs for me against arguably the best side we will have to face were Fredericks and Cairney, who i feel could both make the transition to top flight footy with ease . 

Agree with you.  I thought Cairney and Fredericks were excellent.  In my opinion others did play reasonably well (including Aluko) but Brighton gave little away and are very tactically aware as a team.

Chutney

Quote from: toshes mate on January 04, 2017, 10:49:11 AM
Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on January 03, 2017, 06:34:17 PM

Agree with you.  I thought Cairney and Fredericks were excellent.  In my opinion others did play reasonably well (including Aluko) but Brighton gave little away and are very tactically aware as a team.

Cairney was the best player on the pitch, unplayable at times
C O Y W

Barry White

He's always a bit up and down, totally unplayable at this level on his day but it can't be his day every week.

Still causes problems on an off day and I like the drive he provides, but not his best performance against Brighton.

New Kid on the Block

I thought Aluko played very well. He did have two Brighton players on him whenever he had the ball, so it wasn't an easy day for him.

He kept trying though, and gave his all. No complaints from me.

Neil D

The good thing has been that Aluko's dip in form (though from a coruscating level) has been matched by Ayite's much better performances - but this is not a consolation for the present.  Come on whoever Togo are playing!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Aluminium is inconsistent and that is why he has not held hislace with other clubs.
A good summary would be go say that he is an inconsistent confidence player.
When he gas that confidence he bud unplayable.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Why has Aluko printed out as Aluminium!!?