watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ha Ha's want Rodallega

Started by MaidenheadMick, January 04, 2017, 09:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaidenheadMick

Apparently the Shepherds Bush mob are considering a bid for Hugo Rodallega. He's playing in Turkey and has scored 50 goals in his last 34 appearances including a hat trick against the leaders Besiktas.

Bassey the warrior

Where'd you get those stats? Wikipedia says he has 23 in 50. Still a good rate but could he play lone striker? For me it's a no. He lacks a decent first touch and doesn't really hold the ball up well.

Lighthouse

Was always a fan of Rodders. His enthusiasm and effort were a delight. But I agree that he couldn't play as a loan striker and his touch is a question mark. However I did like him and was sorry when he went.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Swan

I will never forgive him for the time in our last home game against Hull in the Premier League with minutes to go.

We were leading 2-1 he had control of the ball near the corner flag in front of H7. I was shouting for him to kick the ball against the defenders legs to win a corner or at least a throw in. He tried to beat the defender lost the ball.
The defender cleared the ball into midfield and then onto Shane Long who scored. Thus ending our stay in the top flight.
I will never forgive him.
The Swan

twang

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 04, 2017, 10:14:04 AM
Was always a fan of Rodders. His enthusiasm and effort were a delight. But I agree that he couldn't play as a loan striker and his touch is a question mark. However I did like him and was sorry when he went.

Seconded. Except for the part about him not being able to play the lone striker role. I think he'd be the perfect fit for us as he's a mixture of strenght and pace. If we swapped Martin for Rodallega I think the added threat in behind the opponents defences would make up for the loss in first touch and hold-up play.

Really hope he doesn't sign for the other lot.

Tonywa

I must, somehow, have missed his enthusiasm and effort on the occasions I saw him, particularly after our relegation. He was almost totally ineffective after we went down and contributed very little prior to his being released.

MaidenheadMick

Quote from: The Moose on January 04, 2017, 10:02:48 AM
Where'd you get those stats? Wikipedia says he has 23 in 50. Still a good rate but could he play lone striker? For me it's a no. He lacks a decent first touch and doesn't really hold the ball up well.

Off the News now website.

Williams Tale

Swan , i think our last home game in the premiership was against c palace.

toshes mate

Quote from: Tonywa on January 04, 2017, 10:37:33 AM

I must, somehow, have missed his enthusiasm and effort on the occasions I saw him, particularly after our relegation. He was almost totally ineffective after we went down and contributed very little prior to his being released.

Echo that, Tonywa.  False memory syndrome for me too.  A lot of players who did give one hundred percent for the Club were sold on in the awful time we were trying to sign a half decent coach but ending up with buffoons.

filham

In spite of his tremendous enthusiasm and near pace I never felt Rodders was the striker we needed. However he is better than any striker we have at the moment and if it came to a choice between him and the return of a disgruntled Martin, Rodders would win hands down.

Surely the club can come up with something better though.

Luka

Hugo was my next door neighbour while he played for us.
Had a number of chats while he lived here and he was a shy but also a modest and nice guy who seemed to love FFC.
He had good movement  but his first touch was shocking !!
Anyway, I was sorry to see him go and if we have a chance then would probably welcome him back in preference to what we have now.

cmg

Quote from: MaidenheadMick on January 04, 2017, 10:41:39 AM
Quote from: The Moose on January 04, 2017, 10:02:48 AM

Off the News now website.

Hugo (how could anyone bear him ill will after 26/4/08?) is currently captain of Akhisarspor and their leading scorer with 4 goals in their 16 matches so far this season. He has scored 23 goals in his 50 games in Turkey, which includes a hat-trick against Besiktas last April.
Don't tell QPR.

ffc2004

Quote from: cmg on January 04, 2017, 12:24:29 PM
Hugo (how could anyone bear him ill will after 26/4/08?)

.....?

westcliff white

was never a fan i have to be honest. However he will do a decent job in this league as he did for us
Every day is a Fulham day

BedsFFC

We play 5 a side. Sort of a regular thing when you see the odd new face every week. One of the newer guys was Colombian (good player) turned out he was best mates with Hugo and that was why he was in uk. Anyway, one International break week he turns up with Hugo, who then plays an hour 5 a side with us. I'm too old to be starstruck so played it very cool. One of the guys is Peruvian so speaks Spanish and had  good chat with him.

The following week, just warming up, we were discussing him playing the week before. One of our not too bright players was astonished that he had played and had not recognised him and was asking us which one he was from the previous week.

We explained that Hugo was the one in a Wigan shirt with Rodallega on the back of it!!

New Kid on the Block

Are we talking about the guy who, from memory, never won a header from a goal kick? The guy whose first touch was non-existent, and who, after banging in quite a few goals in the first third of the season, didn't get anywhere near scoring again?

He may have been a trier, but we do need someone with more than just that. No thanks, we deserve, and need, someone far better than Rodders.

f321ffc

The HAHA'S are welcome to him.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

Quote from: f321ffc on January 04, 2017, 01:00:09 PM
If they get him it's odds on that when they play us he will get a couple of goals.

cmg

Quote from: ffc2004 on January 04, 2017, 12:27:09 PM
Quote from: cmg on January 04, 2017, 12:24:29 PM
Hugo (how could anyone bear him ill will after 26/4/08?)

.....?

Sorry got me Kamaras mixed up with me Rodallegas - I should get a job with News Now

f321ffc

Quote from: filham on January 04, 2017, 01:20:08 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on January 04, 2017, 01:00:09 PM
If they get him it's odds on that when they play us he will get a couple of goals.
Yeah that's for sure.  fp.gif 090.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional