watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The re arranged game at Reading

Started by Riversider, January 04, 2017, 11:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Looking at some of the Reading message boards, they seem fairly confident that the game is now going to be played on either Tuesday 17th January or Wednesday 18th January,
If this is the case then it certainly helps Reading as their game on the 14th has been brought forward to Thursday 12th Jan for Sky, so they get a nice break before playing us, I would imagine that QPHa will be delighted to see us play mid week before playing them at lunch time on the Saturday,
The other shame is that if it is played on say the 18th , then our away support will be diluted as there will be plenty of supporters who will choose one or the other between Reading and QPHa,
Let's hope we put our case forward and play at a time that suits us as well as Reading !

Wolf

Wont those dates be saved for FA Cup third round replays? And a minimum ten days notice is usually required for a rearranged fixture.

I think it'll be saved either for a future blank Saturday when neither team has a league or FAC match, or midweek in March
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Fulham Tup North

I was going to say that those dates are to FA Cup replays. Think March sounds more likely.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Supermitch

Quote from: Wolf on January 04, 2017, 02:04:54 PM
Wont those dates be saved for FA Cup third round replays? And a minimum ten days notice is usually required for a rearranged fixture.

I think it'll be saved either for a future blank Saturday when neither team has a league or FAC match, or midweek in March

Yes, that is Cup replay week if one is needed for either us or Reading. 

If we both get knocked out and Blackburn go through then I suppose Sat 28th could be an option as the Blackburn game would be off (and presumably be played 24 or 25 Jan following the pattern of last season).

Riversider

If the league is your main concern and you intend to go back to Reading then a defeat today is no bad thing as it will surely mean that Reading away will be played on Saturday January 28th , this will ensure another large away following, it will also mean that Kalas may be back and possibly Ayite and hopefully a couple of signings ,
If Fulham win today then the game is likely to be played on either the 17th or 18th , which is problematic, firstly the away support will halve, secondly there is likely to be no Kalas or Ayite , and thirdly Reading have an advantage as they don't play on the Saturday prior, and lastly it's the midweek before QPHa away , so they are nicely rested whilest we battle away at Reading,
Do I want Fulham to win today ? Yes of course, will I be too upset if we go out ? Nope,

Incidentally a draw today and I guess we're looking at w/c 23rd for Reading , but I doubt very much that either manager will want a draw today.