more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Iwelumo loves Chris Martin

Started by Funky Fulham Dave, January 04, 2017, 04:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Youngs Bitter...
It's all well and good saying: "The other factor to consider is he has a young family still living in Derby who he sees one day a week. If we make it permanent he will move his family to London".
But, he didn't think about that when accepting the deal. He only changed his mind due to the return of old red face and it's a disgrace in many people's mind!
What will happen if derby don't get promoted and red face gets the sack - again...
Will Martin then try to get another team somewhere in the country until his mate gets another job?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 04, 2017, 06:12:58 PM
Then we are all agreed then, Fulham will not sell another shirt with his name on, and he is never ever going to win player of the year.
Damn - that's my vote wasted!

YoungsBitter

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 04, 2017, 06:35:11 PM
Youngs Bitter...
It's all well and good saying: "The other factor to consider is he has a young family still living in Derby who he sees one day a week. If we make it permanent he will move his family to London".
But, he didn't think about that when accepting the deal. He only changed his mind due to the return of old red face and it's a disgrace in many people's mind!
What will happen if derby don't get promoted and red face gets the sack - again...
Will Martin then try to get another team somewhere in the country until his mate gets another job?
I was just making the point that we are hearing only part of the story and the rest is rumour and supposition. Most of the sturm and drang is driven by the ridiculous ( to most people) money that players earn. Martin like most young players are driven by their agents and they have their own agenda so he is negotiating hard to resolve his client's issues which include trying to get a permanent job. Under Pearson he had no chance, we gave him a path to one and now McClaren has offered a real one. If I was him I would keep quiet and let the money men fight it out, I guarantee its his agent saying don't play in case you get injured.
Quark, strangeness and charm

BestOfBrede

Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 04, 2017, 06:48:24 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 04, 2017, 06:35:11 PM
Youngs Bitter...
I was just making the point that we are hearing only part of the story and the rest is rumour and supposition. Most of the sturm and drang is driven by the ridiculous ( to most people) money that players earn. Martin like most young players are driven by their agents and they have their own agenda so he is negotiating hard to resolve his client's issues which include trying to get a permanent job. Under Pearson he had no chance, we gave him a path to one and now McClaren has offered a real one. If I was him I would keep quiet and let the money men fight it out, I guarantee its his agent saying don't play in case you get injured.
Yes I see that you're giving an alternative view and that's fine. I still think though, that whatever his agent says (if this is the case) he should be able to say - sorry pal but I don't agree! I understand what you are saying though, just don't agree In this instance.

RaySmith

We don't know the full story yet - there must ne more to this than meets the eye.

But Slavisa is peed off, we as fans certainly  are, and we've already had a couple of games go by when  Martin's influence up front may have gained us more points.

This shambles needs to be sorted out quickly and  drawn to conclusion -it's damaging our season.

rusty shackleford

I would like to send Martin to purgatory for the rest of the season even if it costs us a few ££

SP

Quote from: Statto on January 04, 2017, 06:53:31 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 04, 2017, 05:52:45 PM

Quote from: Statto on January 04, 2017, 06:53:31 PM

The other factor to consider is he has a young family still living in Derby who he sees one day a week. If we make it permanent he will move his family to London. We are obviously signaling we will not while Derby are promising him stability. I think he was happy to muddle through but with Rigg's departure he seems to have no sense of what will happen, this coincides with McClaren tapping him up.
I liked him and thought with one other striker signing we were good to go. I doubt whether the situation is tenable for either parties now, he will go back once they have agreed compensation.
If, and its a big if, he comes back we should be sympathetic to his personal circumstances and not just see this as greed.

sorry the guy is earning £1m a year
i know renting is expensive in london but it ain't that bloody expensive
worst case scenario he just has to do that thing everyone else in the country does every day called "commuting". heaven forbid he should have to travel for an hour and half when he finishes work at 3pm every day
the man has no excuse at all
sorry the guy is earning £1m a year
i know renting is expensive in london but it ain't that bloody expensive
worst case scenario he just has to do that thing everyone else in the country does every day called "commuting". heaven forbid he should have to travel for an hour and half when he finishes work at 3pm every day
the man has no excuse at all

And make him commute on Southern Rail...

Ged

Pearson didn't like him and didn't play him as regularly as previous managers (McClaren loves Martin).

Martin played in every league game under persons last reign at derby and was captain

Barrett487

I don't watch C5, so can't comment on mr badass, but as far as I'm concerned let Martin rot in our reserves until it's suits us to release him to Derby. Hopefully by then we will either have sued him for breach of contract, or sued McClaren for unprofessional enticement. F**k both of them.... deep breath... aaaaahhhh!

Wolf

If a player is injured and unable to play for weeks, months or even years the club honours their contract. For that reason alone every player should honour their end of the deal.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

AlexW132

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 04, 2017, 05:51:06 PM
Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on January 04, 2017, 05:32:10 PM
:drums:

Ladieeees and gentlemen, introducing Christopher Martin, he once of the parish of Derby but now ensconced in The Smoke but not for very much longer, would like to give his side of the story.

Loyalty means;

Moolah, Cash, Money, Dosh, Folding stuff, Dough, Filthy Lucre, Spondulix, Smackers, Simoleons, etc.

049:gif

Not forgetting, Wedge, Greenbacks, Coinage, Bread, Loot, Gravy, Roll, Wad, Bucks. Readies.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on January 04, 2017, 05:32:10 PM
:drums:

Ladieeees and gentlemen, introducing Christopher Martin, he once of the parish of Derby but now ensconced in The Smoke but not for very much longer, would like to give his side of the story.

Loyalty means;

Moolah, Cash, Money, Dosh, Folding stuff, Dough, Filthy Lucre, Spondulix, Smackers, Simoleons, etc.

049:gif

:0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Sgt Fulham

Martin is a moron but I don't want us wasting money to screw him over. Get rid, buy a better replacement and get promoted by beating Derby 5-0 in the Playoffs. That would be the best form of revenge.

alexmur

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 04, 2017, 04:30:10 PM
I think he was actually making the point that Martin will only bring unrest to our camp now and best to let him go back to where he wants to be.
If he goes back we have to be compensated

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk