watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Iwelumo loves Chris Martin

Started by Funky Fulham Dave, January 04, 2017, 04:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funky Fulham Dave

Take another look at Channel 5's Football on 5 (Episode 22) with regard to comments made by football pundit Chris Iwelumo regarding the Chris Martin "situation".

Anyone watching that particular section of the programme regarding Chris Martin's unwillingness to play for Fulham - his legally contracted employer - would think that Chris Iwelumo has a vested interest, such is his vociferous defence of Martin.

Iwelumo was beside himself with rage and it looked as though he was in danger of morphing into the same colour as his lovely red tie such was his fury. Among the many comments that Christopher offered were:

"he (Martin) doesn't want to be there"...."Fulham have lost the player, mentally"...."Let him go" and the most ludicrous comment to come from Iwelumo's mouth was that "his loyalties lie(sic) with Derby".

Why Chris Iwelumo felt so strongly in defence of a player who couldn't or wouldn't play for his club only he would know. But what is visibly lacking on Chris Martin's part, is his clear lack of honesty and decency that most ascribe to but not in this case or I fear in the football world in general. Chris Iwelumo's comments (I feel) only legitimised Martin's deceitfulness.

That's why a lot of football fans get so fed-up with these sorts of comments. It's just another example of the vacuum the football industry inhabits. The football punter is a vastly more intelligent being than the media gives us credit for. I know, in fact we all know why Chris Martin is "homesick" and it's got nothing to do with loyalty, because if loyalty was Chris Martin's primary concern he would never have left Derby County in the first place.

049:gif

Bill2

Martin left Derby because he wasn't getting a game, so we put him back in the frame and he scored a few goals. Then he turns his back on us and sticks the proverbial fingers on the air. What an ungrateful to**er.

Holders

I think it's plain that his loyalties do lie with Derby.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

I think he was actually making the point that Martin will only bring unrest to our camp now and best to let him go back to where he wants to be.

Ged

Quote from: Bill2 on January 04, 2017, 04:07:11 PM
Martin left Derby because he wasn't getting a game, so we put him back in the frame and he scored a few goals. Then he turns his back on us and sticks the proverbial fingers on the air. What an ungrateful to**er.
Martin was playing every game for Derby
In fact he was captain
But he wanted to leave

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Ged on January 04, 2017, 04:45:10 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on January 04, 2017, 04:07:11 PM
Martin was playing every game for Derby
In fact he was captain
But he wanted to leave

Pearson didn't like him and didn't play him as regularly as previous managers (McClaren loves Martin).

Martin was told he wasn't needed at Derby hence agreeing to the loan.

Seemed to be enjoying his time here and Slav put his faith in the big man.

Now McClaren is back, Derby has offered him a new deal, which has turnt his head.

Problem here is that, that contract doesn't boost his value as such because we have agreed fees/prices in the loan agreement.

The problem it arises is that now Martin has been offered, him and his agent can demand higher personal terms from Fulham would want to sign him permanently.

I think it's a bit of masterstroke by the agent to play the 2 clubs off eachother for more money.

Slav wants him permanently and made that clear before this fiasco, so I think the agent knows he'll get his demands one way or another.

I just hope this is sorted ASAP.

It's draining and boring now ha!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Dodger53

I looked at a Derby forum yesterday. A lot of comments agreed with the view that this stinks and he agreed to come to us and should stay!

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 04, 2017, 04:30:10 PM
I think he was actually making the point that Martin will only bring unrest to our camp now and best to let him go back to where he wants to be.

Well really I agree with that but there has to be a price to pay for a broken contract .

bog

I saw this when the idiot spouted his nonsense. What a plonker he is.   :dft007:

092.gif

H4usuallysitting

Now we know why Pearson didn't like him....he probably done the same to Pearson when he was there manager

Funky Fulham Dave

:drums:

Ladieeees and gentlemen, introducing Christopher Martin, he once of the parish of Derby but now ensconced in The Smoke but not for very much longer, would like to give his side of the story.

Loyalty means;

Moolah, Cash, Money, Dosh, Folding stuff, Dough, Filthy Lucre, Spondulix, Smackers, Simoleons, etc.

Woolly Mammoth

Martin is a bad ass, a bad egg and a bad apple, which together is a recipe for cheesing off a number of people. He appears to ignore the fact that he is biting the hand that feeds him.
Therefore, what's the next instalment, where do we go from here.
Martin should choose to remember that ............
" If you stand by the banks of the river long enough, you will watch the bodies of your enemies float by."
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

andyk

Chris Martin is a reasonable Championship player, but that is his limit.
If he goes back to Derby and they get promoted he won't get a sniff in the top  flight.  He's not good enough, too slow, cumbersome, clumsy and lightweight ( he spends a lot of time on his backside).
I have no qualms about saying good riddance, let's move on.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: andyk on January 04, 2017, 05:38:25 PM
If he goes back to Derby and they get promoted he won't get a sniff in the top  flight.  He's not good enough, too slow, cumbersome, clumsy and lightweight ( he spends a lot of time on his backside).

Plus his body shape shows a man at least 5 tubby plump rotund greedy years older than his age. I would back myself in a 50 yd sprint, and I would give him a 5 yard start and run backwards.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on January 04, 2017, 05:32:10 PM
:drums:

Ladieeees and gentlemen, introducing Christopher Martin, he once of the parish of Derby but now ensconced in The Smoke but not for very much longer, would like to give his side of the story.

Loyalty means;

Moolah, Cash, Money, Dosh, Folding stuff, Dough, Filthy Lucre, Spondulix, Smackers, Simoleons, etc.

Not forgetting, Wedge, Greenbacks, Coinage, Bread, Loot, Gravy, Roll, Wad, Bucks. Readies.

Never forget your Roots.

YoungsBitter

Pearson didn't like him and didn't play him as regularly as previous managers (McClaren loves Martin).

Martin was told he wasn't needed at Derby hence agreeing to the loan.

Seemed to be enjoying his time here and Slav put his faith in the big man.

Now McClaren is back, Derby has offered him a new deal, which has turnt his head.

Problem here is that, that contract doesn't boost his value as such because we have agreed fees/prices in the loan agreement.

The problem it arises is that now Martin has been offered, him and his agent can demand higher personal terms from Fulham would want to sign him permanently.

I think it's a bit of masterstroke by the agent to play the 2 clubs off eachother for more money.

Slav wants him permanently and made that clear before this fiasco, so I think the agent knows he'll get his demands one way or another.

I just hope this is sorted ASAP.

It's draining and boring now ha!

[/quote]

The other factor to consider is he has a young family still living in Derby who he sees one day a week. If we make it permanent he will move his family to London. We are obviously signaling we will not while Derby are promising him stability. I think he was happy to muddle through but with Rigg's departure he seems to have no sense of what will happen, this coincides with McClaren tapping him up.
I liked him and thought with one other striker signing we were good to go. I doubt whether the situation is tenable for either parties now, he will go back once they have agreed compensation.
If, and its a big if, he comes back we should be sympathetic to his personal circumstances and not just see this as greed.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Funky Fulham Dave

Yea of course he's going to go.

Martin knows it, Derby knows it, Fulham know it and all the fans know it.

But you can just see it coming can't you. Martin will deliver some half-arsed statement saying how much he's enjoyed his time at Craven Cottage but the lure of another ten-grand a week, no I mean the lure of the rolling Derbyshire countryside and the Peak District was just too enticing to turn down.

andyk

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 04, 2017, 05:46:25 PM
Quote from: andyk on January 04, 2017, 05:38:25 PM

Plus his body shape shows a man at least 5 tubby plump rotund years older than his age. I would back myself in a 50 yd sprint, and I would give him a 5 yard start.

Similar to Ross, in that regard, and we don't miss him.
Personally I think Fulham should wash their hands of him. Just tell him his pay was stopped from the day he refused to play and he's no longer welcome at the club.
If Derby have behaved improperly or if Mclaren acted illegally, report them to the Football League and forget about it.
We do need to get a replacement, but the club just have to deal with it, same as they would if he broke his leg. The worst thing to do would be to have this prima donna sulking around the training ground like a bad smell, creating a nasty distraction to the rest of the squad.

Bassey the warrior

If we sign a replacement they must be match fit, unlike Martin when he arrived. Took a while to hit form and we can't afford that this time.

Woolly Mammoth

Then we are all agreed then, Fulham will not sell another shirt with his name on, and he is never ever going to win player of the year.

Never forget your Roots.