watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brighton fans

Started by Dixie, January 04, 2017, 01:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

I don't get to as many matches as i would like these days and in recent years i have been spoiled by having access to McBride's bar (highly recommended)

However, on Monday I met up with a couple of friends and advised popping in to the Temperance on our way to the ground for a quick pint.
On entering I noticed that there were some Brighton fans in evidence and as i pushed my way through to the bar (in my FFC Xmas jumper) i realised that every single person in the pub was a Brighton fan!
Instead of walking straight back out, i decided that i would brave it and have a pint.

I did not have one single bit of a problem from any of their fans.
They were all singing away and there was a bit of banter, but it was all good-natured stuff.

After the game i was chatting to a bunch of Brighton fans walking back through the park and they were very complimentary about our general play and absolutely delighted to come away with a win (same as the game at their place they said). They have the same sort of mentality as us in some ways - they are expecting the team to capitulate at any moment!

If they and Newcastle both go up, then both my favourite away fans will be gone (got trollied with some Newcastle fans a couple of years back in our relegation season)

Does anyone else have favourite away fans?
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

jamesffc

They were clearly unbelievable fans. Seeing them at the end was incredible. Feels tough to say after a loss, but good luck to them!

Have a few friends who support Brentford and ended up watching them in the playoffs against Middlesborough. Their fans came to the Brentford pub after and got really involved and were all really great - even after the shock of having to pay £4 for a pint!

General

I think most teams fans who haven't seen their club in the premiership before and who seem to be nailed on certs to go up and who can't even lose a game when completely dominated by us would be happy and amenable. It's easy to be everyone's best friend when you're at the top.

Mince n Tatties

One report said they had 7,000 there,no way.

alfie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 04, 2017, 03:38:30 PM
One report said they had 7,000 there,no way.
The Putney stand holds 8000 and virtually the whole stand got up when they scored, so i reckon must have been close 7000.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Travers Barney

My next door neighbour is a season ticket holder lovely fella and their fans were all totally agreeable throughout Putney and Fulham....quiet as anything though weren't they??....when we were on the up and  had Tigana at the helm we were noisy (and behaved)  everywhere we went.....I was disappointed in them personally.

coyw
We are the whites

AlexW132

The only problem with them for me was 'David Stockdale, he left cause you're sh1t' but tbh we do it too.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 04, 2017, 10:51:46 PM
The only problem with them for me was 'David Stockdale, he left cause you're sh1t' but tbh we do it too.

To be honest, it sounds 100% correct . At the time when he left, we were heading up sh1t creek and captain felix had turfed the paddles overboard