News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saw the following on anotherFFC message board in case anyone wishes to help them

Started by Stillbelieve, January 06, 2017, 11:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillbelieve

"Can you help with my book?

Hi all, non-Fulham fan coming in peace. I have written a novel (as yet unpublished) based in the world of football, and a small part of it takes place at Craven Cottage. I've been to the ground but that was ages ago. I'd like to be sure that I'm not misrepresenting it and so was wondering if anyone would mind having a quick read of the manuscript's relevant chapters and letting me know whether I've got anything wrong? It's only three short chapters, 11 pages in a Word doc Please let me know and I'll email them to you. Many thanks in advance! Jon Last [email protected]"

The Equalizer

Has anyone read 'The Dark' by James Herbert? I'm pretty sure a bit of that was set in Craven Cottage.

Didn't turn out well for any of us though.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

ron

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 06, 2017, 01:09:51 PM
Has anyone read 'The Dark' by James Herbert? I'm pretty sure a bit of that was set in Craven Cottage.

Just googled a summary of the plot, and part of it reads as follows;

"Beechwood is set to be torn down. But when it is demolished, the dark that was once contained in the house is released, as a powerful and seductive evil energy possesses the world, manipulating its victims to insanity."

If 'Beechwood' was based on the Cottage, the threat of that outcome would be more effective than any Preservation Order the local council could impose methinks!

The Equalizer

Quote from: ron on January 06, 2017, 01:32:06 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on January 06, 2017, 01:09:51 PM

Just googled a summary of the plot, and part of it reads as follows;

"Beechwood is set to be torn down. But when it is demolished, the dark that was once contained in the house is released, as a powerful and seductive evil energy possesses the world, manipulating its victims to insanity."

If 'Beechwood' was based on the Cottage, the threat of that outcome would be more effective than any Preservation Order the local council could impose methinks!

There's a scene set at a football match in South West London, which was described as being rather similar to our hallowed ground. Most of the people in the ground end up knocking the poo out of each other and most of them die.

Not particularly pleasant really.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

ron

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.