more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will The FA Cup Die?

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 08, 2017, 09:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: grandad on January 08, 2017, 02:15:40 PM
SJ & Fulham didn´t devalue the Cup with the strong side that played today.

Most managers will be pragmatic when it comes to putting out sides for the FA Cup these days, and who can blame them.

Its those running the game that have devalued the Cup and made it less of a priority depending on the individual clubs position.
If it was run better and the prestige built on rather than propped up clubs wouldn't feel they could make massive changes to team selection.

tommy

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 08, 2017, 02:06:47 PM
Quote from: tommy on January 08, 2017, 01:54:58 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 08, 2017, 01:41:36 PM
Quote from: tommy on January 08, 2017, 01:38:53 PM
Personally I think the FA Cup has got back that sparkle over the this season and last. It seems everyone is now putting out there best teams, bar a player or two.

Leicester will never know how much they have done for English football winning the league last year. All the big boys are now taking everything seriously, which in turn is making everyone else do it.

Have you seen yesterday's attendance's?
Yes but that's always been the case for the 3rd round. Plus it's becoming very difficult for fans with the cost of football. Fans missing the 3rd round isn't taking anything away from the competition itself.

Got nothing to do with it, clubs and lots of fans not interested.. Champions League and big clubs are destroying it.
Hull v Swansea yesterday two premier sides 6,500 and they let them in cheap.
People used to turn out years ago for a cup game no matter who the opposition was.
I wonder what sort of crowd Hull v Swansea would attract in the Premier League at the moment? If I was a Swansea fan I certainly wouldn't make that effort.