watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Draw

Started by SP, January 08, 2017, 03:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

BUT...dont Fulham gave a game on Tuesday???

davew

Great to get a home draw, but sorry don't fancy our chances against Hull, would rather have faced Man City!! Steve Bruce is a canny Manager, he will find a way to outfox us, perhaps put in a couple of bids for our best players a few days before the fixture!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Whitesideup

Quote from: davew on January 09, 2017, 10:36:04 PM
Great to get a home draw, but sorry don't fancy our chances against Hull, would rather have faced Man City!! Steve Bruce is a canny Manager, he will find a way to outfox us, perhaps put in a couple of bids for our best players a few days before the fixture!
Steve Bruce - manager of Hull or Aston Villa? Are there tow Steve Bruce's? I think we should be told.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 09, 2017, 11:06:03 PM
Quote from: davew on January 09, 2017, 10:36:04 PM
Steve Bruce - manager of Hull or Aston Villa? Are there tow Steve Bruce's? I think we should be told.
Alright .. I meant two .. but it is late... 

Bill2

Hull are a poor Premier side so this is a good test of what we are like if we were to step up to that level. They are beatable and I am sure they would have preferred one of the weaker sides.

davew

Lol, I agree it is late though, how did I come up with Steve Bruce as manager, perhaps I have some inside knowledge?? Or perhaps not!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Carborundum

If our reserves can beat 'Boro in one cup, then Hull should be fine.  If their position in the league deteriorates or injuries hit, they may throw in the towel and play a weak team.  It's at home. So overall it seems a decent draw for us. 

Asotosyios

Hull fictures:
Thu 26 Jan - Man Utd H (League Cup)
Sat 28/Sun 29 Jan - Fulham A (FA Cup)
Wed 1 Feb - Man Utd A (Premier League)

Fulham Fixtures:
Tue 24 Jan - Reading A
Sat 28/Sun 29 Jan - Hull H
Tue 31 Jan - Burton A

I think neither Hull nor us will field our "stronger" teams for the FA cup game.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: bobbo on January 09, 2017, 08:12:48 PM
Shades of 1975 we played hull in the cup run

My thoughts exactly. FA Cup 3rd Round. Announcer reminded us to keep the cut off vouchers on the back page of the programme for the final in May. We all laughed......

RaySmith

It was so easy to get a Final ticket - as long as you'd kept your programmes with the vouchers.

f321ffc

Quote from: RaySmith on January 10, 2017, 09:04:56 AM
It was so easy to get a Final ticket - as long as you'd kept your programmes with the vouchers.
We didn't sell out our allocation, there was a groupe of about 30 West Ham fans in the block I was in.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

BedsFFC

Quote from: f321ffc on January 10, 2017, 09:15:53 AM
We didn't sell out our allocation, there was a groupe of about 30 West Ham fans in the block I was in.

Dont suppose there were so many corporate tickets in those days

Sir Alec of good Stock

£3.50 a ticket for the tunnel end?

toshes mate

I fancy us getting Watford at home in the Fifth round.... but there are some more serious matters to settle before that.