watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Meryl Streep

Started by Dodgin, January 09, 2017, 03:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

I assume that Meryl Streep was talking about American Football at the Golden Globes.

ToodlesMcToot

Slippery slope.

But yes, she was.

While I understand that folks take their opportunities while they have a pulpit to speak from but, often I just wish they'd stick to entertainment. I get inundated with enough crap day by day as it is.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mince n Tatties

Same over here all these darling luvvies have to stick their noses in and have their two pennies worth...And Trump is right she is over rated, Jessica Lange would act her off the stage...Or Am I just saying that as I always had a thing for Jessica...lol.

Lighthouse

Not sure it  does anybody any good. Especially the President Elect to start calling critics names and being rude about them in response. All very childish. The comments of actors or footballers or hi wire acrobats does not influence me in a positive way. But it might do in a negative way. If a footballer I thought was very good talked about how he disliked some political party or politician and I supported them. I am less inclined to look favorably on that player. Should he say something I agree with. I am likely to wish he would shut up and get on with his job.

While everybody has the right to free speech. There is a place and time. Which is why we are unable to make political statements here. There are plenty of places to do it. The Golden Globes and FOF are clearly not among them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Happy to know I'm not alone in this opinion.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 09, 2017, 03:45:37 PM
Same over here all these darling luvvies have to stick their noses in and have their two pennies worth...And Trump is right she is over rated, Jessica Lange would act her off the stage...Or Am I just saying that as I always had a thing for Jessica...lol.

Yes Mince,  Jessica Lange is a superb actress.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 09, 2017, 04:19:26 PM
Happy to know I'm not alone in this opinion.

You are far from being alone Toodles.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Padoir

Yup... & I wish you'd stick to talking about football! Oh the irony.
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 09, 2017, 03:45:37 PM

love4ffc

Apologies gentleman but as Meryl Streep was referring to American Football, and what she and others did at the awards was nothing but political, I am going to lock this thread as it has nothing really to do with real football or Fulham. 

Thanks for your understanding
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?