News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where has it all gone wrong this season ?

Started by Riversider, January 09, 2017, 04:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Saturday morning I was talking to a Brentford supporter who was going off to see them play Eastleigh after work, we had a chat about the cup but he said that their priority was just to stay up this season,
It wasn't until Sunday morning that I had a look at the table and was surprised to see that Brentford were only 3 points behind us !
So I had a closer inspection and was surprised to see the following, we are level with Preston North End ! We are one point behind Norwich (and their supporters want their manager sacked) we are two points behind Barnsley !!! And unbelievably we are 10 points behind both Huddersfield and Reading (two teams that we've thrashed)
Every time I watch us play I'm impressed, in Fredericks, McDonald, Cairney, Johannsen and Kalas we've got some seriously good players,
And I've lost count of the amount of managers that have said that we are the best team that they have played this season,
We've scored a bucket full of goals and our goal difference is only bettered by Newcastle and Brighton ,
So with all that in mind why have we failed to establish a place in the top 6 this season and what needs to change in the second half of the season ?
In my mind we are better than all the teams that I've listed above but the table tells a different storey.

grandad

September killed us. Been hard to catch up but I am convinced we can get to 6th.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

In addition to September's dip, I feel we have dropped too many points to drawn games we should have won, and there are probably at least an additional eight points that have gone begging that way.  However, we are now playing better than we were when beating Huddersfield and Reading, and that improvement will continue when we start to make teams realise we can win ugly too.

MJG

We have the fourth worst record against teams in the bottom eight.
That's why. A good 6-8 points dropped against them that would have us in play offs.

BedsFFC

We are on track. It was a very short time ago that we were a shambles. I think we have a fighting chance of making play offs.

However, keep the manager and invest and we are on for good times. Just enjoy the ride. There will be bumps on the way.

Nothing has gone wrong this season. We couldn't have really hoped for more.

(Not a dig at Kit) Kit Symons was asked pre-season what he thought the season held for FFC. He considered it and said that with Ross & Mac going, it was going to be a season of struggle. It wasn't sour grapes. Thats what he thought. As did many others.

On Sunday, Kit had to listen to his old team being called the "best footballing side in the league", "Cardiff given a footballing master-class".

In my humble opinion, we are 2 first team players away from being the top team in league. Central defence and striker (when Kalas and Ayite back).

As I understand it, we are looking at spending right now.

I haven't enjoyed a season like this since 2009. That season we had the Europa final and some great home wins but we were very dour away. I would say consistently game for game, I haven't enjoyed a season (game for game) this much since 2000. I'm not sure we will ever match that season.

terryr

The teams above us have played one more game
Win Saturday and we jump up the table

toshes mate

Quote from: BedsFFC on January 09, 2017, 05:40:06 PM
We are on track...

For bervity sake I have clipped but I agree with everything you have said.