News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My concern for tomorrow is this..........

Started by Riversider, January 13, 2017, 07:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

I've stated my concern for after the match if we drop points tomorrow afternoon, it's not being negative,
If we lose or draw tomorrow I will be absolutely gob smacked if Jokanovic doesn't tee off in the press conference ,
As for people saying that Martin has made all the difference well that's just a load of cobblers , we've known since August that we need strikers (even with Martin) we are now half way through the window and winnable games coming thick and fast and still not even a hint of a signing,
I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow but I suspect that the real action could be away from the pitch at around 5pm.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: nose on January 13, 2017, 10:56:04 AM
I agree with OP
if the management of the club were serious about gaining promotion then we would have taken the lead in bringing in players. If our management were even slightly capable the players Joca wants would be on their way and ready for this next game.
I personally came to the conclsion ages ago that the senior management at fulham is not fit for purpose and is holding us back. We have a brilliant manager and nearly a brilliant team, we are so close, that to sl;eep walk through this transfer window leaving any business to the last moment is suicidal.
I caanot imagine how some posters seem to be appologising for the lack of activity.

It is strange that a succession of experienced managers and that two multi-millionaire owners with all their experience of senior executives in their other businesses have tolerated the senior management despite regular contact and yet we have posters who can easily see that our senior management is not fit for purpose.

filham

It is crystal clear that we need a new striker and a new central defender but it seems that we will have to wait until the last week of the window for any signs of movement, we really should have got used to this silly situation by now, we have seen it often enough before.
Also we must wait to the end of the window to be sure that we have retained Cairney , reports are that Newcastle are interested and it is possible that someone could come in at the last moment with a ridiculous offer that we cannot refuse.

January is the worst part of the season for us.

Woolly Mammoth

May I call for a truce in hostilities, until Feb 1st. Lets not all fall out over each other's opinions for the moment.
Let's look at it realistically no matter what your feelings are about the Chairman and his merry men.
I personally am not convinced yet with Khan and the individuals he has in place behind the scenes, and activity to me seems at times to be half hearted and there is no transparency, at the very least I do not have much faith or confidence in an absent chairman who shows little interest and has his son and his sons best mate pulling the strings for him, in a sport none of them clearly have very little experience or genuine interest, because if they have, then they have a funny way of showing it.
But that's me thinking allowed, and it's neither here nor there what I think, or anyone else on here, we are onlookers, we cannot sign the players we want. The good thing is that generally we  all agree that we have a very good manager, that's a good start.
Also we are entitled to our opinions and concerns whether we agree or disagree.
However. This is the reality, I shall repeat myself, this is the reality, whether we like it or not, or whichever way you feel. If as suspected, most if not all of the transfer activity if any, is to take place in the last few days of the window. Then Jok and the team have to make sure that we pick up as near to maximum points as possible in the matches between now and then which include Barnsley, QPR, Reading, all winbable matches but all tough ones also, not forgetting the Hull FA Cup match.
So let's prepare ourselves to obtain as many points as possible, 9 out of 9 would be very pleasant, and hope that by the time we play Burton Albion, we will have further additions to the team to launch into the second half of the season with a Dam good chance of making the play offs.
If at the end of the window certain plans do not become reality and the Manager has not been supported by the club for one reason or another, and that consistency in positive results is not forthcoming. Then you have my permission to recommence hostilities, whether it's blowing raspberries, or throwing paper darts, or sticking pins in effigies of each other or me. But let's wait together in no mans land in an orderly fashion like good Genitalmen. ⚽
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Roberty

Quote from: filham on January 13, 2017, 02:04:11 PM
It is crystal clear that we need a new striker and a new central defender but it seems that we will have to wait until the last week of the window for any signs of movement, we really should have got used to this silly situation by now, we have seen it often enough before.
Also we must wait to the end of the window to be sure that we have retained Cairney , reports are that Newcastle are interested and it is possible that someone could come in at the last moment with a ridiculous offer that we cannot refuse.

We have a new striker !

At the press conference - SJ announced that Chris Martin had come out of retirement and would be playing for us tomorrow
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Roberty on January 13, 2017, 02:13:12 PM
Quote from: filham on January 13, 2017, 02:04:11 PM

We have a new striker !

At the press conference - SJ announced that Chris Martin had come out of retirement and would be playing for us tomorrow

I am anxiously waiting to hear the date of his Testimonial, as we need to ensure and guarantee that he is financially secure in his retirement, and able to continue to live the comfortable and quality of life he has become accustomed to. 

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

Quote from: MJG on January 13, 2017, 12:13:23 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on January 13, 2017, 11:07:28 AM
Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on January 13, 2017, 11:04:24 AM
With the exception of a few clubs the buying club have so little power and sway with transfers, especially in January.  We may have identified a whole load of players who we want to bring in and the club may be making moves to bring those players in, but if the selling club or the player think they can get more elsewhere then we have to wait.  Hell, if the selling club just wanna be dicks about it and wait until the very end of the window they can do and we can't force their hand.
As an example I give you the Brighton and Dunk situation from last season.   Dunk would have been a perfect signing and we knew it.  Brighton strung us along for so long we ended up with sub standard substitutes. 
We had the discussion on Dunk at the time...do you pay whatever for him?
personally I would not have paid more than 5M for him, but at the time Brighton were maybe quoting 6 plus. But Would he have been worth that? Is ok to say yea but like it or not we have a budget and players have their worth. keep paying over the odds on players just because WE NEED THEM and you end up with a championship team in the region of 50/60M.

take Cairney, good player for us but not perfect.  Fans and possibly club quoting 15/20M which as good as he may be is stupid money.
I agreed at the time and my view was we spent too long chasing Dunk.  For me however in hindsite, which we of course don't have, Dunk would be the perfect partner for Kalas and with Martin now back possibly Dunk would have been the final piece in the jigsaw, so yes we should have spent £8 to £10M on Dunk if that what it took and not signed Jozabed or Kebano. 

Woolly Mammoth

Sometimes you have to ignore what a player is worth on the open market, and pay what that player is worth to Fulham, and signing Dunk for the asking price, would eventually pay for itself I would have thought. Because Dunk was one player that would have made a difference. To accumulate you have to speculate.
As you say we found money down the back of the settee and spent it on Jozabed and Kabano, and the question is why. ?

Never forget your Roots.