more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (18/01/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 18, 2017, 07:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Malone In Team Of The Week (17/1/17)

Fulham are represented in the latest Football League team of the week that has been selected after this week's action.

The performance by Scott Malone in the two nil victory over Barnsley at the weekend at Craven Cottage was enough to earn them a place in the side alongside the other most impressive performers in the Football League pyramid.

I think we'll already know ourselves, and not just based on the latest performance, why Malone was selected as part of the team but explaining the choice - the FL blurb read.

'Malone labelled his strike against Barnsley as the best of his career, volleying home the second goal in the victory at Craven Cottage. He also kept the Tykes quiet with a sound defensive display in the 2-0 success.'

It's always good to see the club represented in this way, and well played to Malone for his recognition, but the most important thing about the weekend was of course the result.

Full Team:

Sam Slocombe (Blackpool), Scott Malone (Fulham), Paul Huntington (Preston North End), Aristote Nsiala (Shrewsbury Town), Callum Connolly (Wigan Athletic), Isaiah Osbourne (Walsall), James Coppinger (Doncaster Rovers), Conor Chaplin (Portsmouth), Tom Lawrence (Ipswich Town), Anthony Pilkington (Cardiff City), James Vaughan (Bury).

Manager - Paul Lambert (Wolverhampton Wanderers).

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=476590#ixzz4W5wp5IMP

WhiteJC

Fulham quartet will sweat before learning fate on new deals
Whites ready to ride any need to talk contracts with players in the last six months of current contracts

Fulham will hold fire until the summer on offering a quartet of players new contracts.

That's because Whites have extension options on captain Scott Parker, midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe, keeper Jesse Joronen and striker Matt Smith they can trigger in July if they want.

It means the club can forgo negotiations now, knowing the contract clauses prevents them signing pre-contracts anywhere else, even if they are in the last year of their deals.

Fulham are known to want to keep Parker in some capacity: 'a coach in boots' was how head coach Slavisa Jokanovic put it.

But Smith may get sent on loan this month, while Tunnicliffe has made only 10 appearances this term - the last as an eight-minute sub in the 2-2 draw with Norwich in October.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-quartet-sweat-before-learning-12465100

WhiteJC

Stalemate For Ayité

Floyd Ayité played the full 90 minutes as Togo began their Africa Cup of Nations campaign with a goalless draw against the Ivory Coast.

It was far from a classic on what was a poor pitch, and with no side able to make the breakthrough it became the fourth of five matches at the Gabon tournament to end in a stalemate.

The Ivory Coast – the competition's holders – shaded the play, with Aston Villa striker Jonathan Kodjia going close, before Serge Aurier headed wide in the closing stages.

Later on Monday in the same group, Neeskens Kebano was an unused substitute as the Democratic Republic of Congo beat Morocco 1-0.

Junior Kabananga's strike was the difference between the sides, and Congo held on despite Lomalisa Mutambala's red card to top Group C at the close of play.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/17/stalemate-for-ayite

WhiteJC

Piazon Extends Stay

The Club is delighted to confirm that Lucas Piazon's loan deal from Chelsea has been extended until the end of the season.

Piazon scored on his debut for Fulham in the EFL Cup against Bristol City, and now has four goals to his name from 17 appearances for the Club.

His initial deal had expired following Saturday's win against Barnsley.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/17/piazon-extends-stay

WhiteJC

Piazon extends Fulham stay

Lucas Piazon has extended his loan with Fulham until the end of the season.

Piazon, 22, has played 17 times for Championship side Fulham since joining on loan in the summer, scoring four times.

Last season's FA Youth Cup-winning goalkeeper Nathan Baxter, who was previously on loan with Met Police, has joined Solihull Moors in the National League until May 14.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/01/piazon-extends-fulham-stay.html

WhiteJC

Newcastle United 'to return' for Tom Cairney

Newcastle United are reportedly considering a fresh approach for Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney.

The 25-year-old has been linked with a move away from Craven Cottage this month, with the Magpies and Championship rivals Aston Villa both thought to be interested.

Rafael Benitez's side made provisional enquiries with Fulham earlier this month but were quoted a fee of £20m for a player who joined the side for just £3.6m 18 months ago.

According to The Chronicle, Newcastle have "not given up hope" on Cairney and are debating whether to make "a further bid" for him before the window shuts in a fortnight's time.

In light of the rumours, Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has said that he is planning to offer Cairney "a new contract and more money".

Cairney has 13 goals in 63 Championship appearances for the London side.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/newcastle-united/transfer-talk/news/newcastle-to-return-for-tom-cairney_289667.html

WhiteJC

Piazon finally extends Fulham loan
by DAN on JANUARY 17, 2017

Lucas Piazon has finally signed the long-awaited extension to his loan from Chelsea that will keep him with Fulham until the end of the season.

The Brazilian forward, who has gradually become more and more integral to Slavisa Jokanovic's plans as the current campaign has progressed, had tweeted over the past couple of weeks that he was expecting to remain at Craven Cottage beyond the January 15th cut off for his initial loan deal. The formal paperwork was registered with the Football League and the FA this afternoon, meaning that Piazon will be eligible for Saturday's local derby at Queens' Park Rangers.

The 22 year-old, who joined on transfer deadline day back in August, scored on his Fulham debut against Bristol City in the EFL Cup and has became increasingly popular with the Craven Cottage faithful. Piazon, who spent last season on loan at Reading, has scored four goals in seventeen first-team games for Fulham and is likely to start on the left wing at Loftus Road at the weekend with both Floyd Ayite and Neekens Kebano away at African Cup of Nations duty.

Piazon told the club's official website this afternoon:

The last couple of weeks we have been waiting on it, and today finally everything was done. I signed all the paperwork so I can stay until the end of the season, which is good news. I spoke with Fulham a few weeks ago and then with my agents, and they told Chelsea that I wanted to stay.

They said it was fine as it's a good option for me, so they agreed and it wasn't a big issue. The papers took a little bit longer than I expected but then in the end everything worked out well.

I think [the fans have] been waiting on this as well. I was communicating with them quite a lot in the last few days to keep them updated. So today when we made the deal and finalised everything, I was very happy with the replies that they gave me. They gave me a lot of support which was very good to see, and makes me even more excited and looking forward to keep playing and doing my best for the club and for them.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/01/piazon-finally-extends-fulham-loan/

WhiteJC

Lucas Piazon: Chelsea forward extends Fulham loan deal

Lucas Piazon scored on his Fulham debut, against Bristol City in the League Cup in September

Championship side Fulham have extended the loan spell of Chelsea forward Lucas Piazon until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old moved to Craven Cottage in August and has scored four goals in 17 appearances for the Whites.

Piazon, a Brazil Under-23 international, has featured three times for Chelsea since joining the Premier League club in January 2012.

He previously had loan spells at Malaga, Vitesse Arnhem, Eintracht Frankfurt and Reading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38654007

WhiteJC

QPR vs Fulham: Prediction, team news, line-ups, start time, live coverage, head to head and odds - Championship preview

QPR welcome Fulham to Loftus Road on Saturday as the two west London rivals prepare for what promises to be an electric Championship derby.

Fulham sit eighth - six points off the playoff places - following an impressive start to the season, while three wins out of three has seen Ian Holloway turn around a disastrous start back at QPR.

There is more at stake than just bragging rights for Ian Holloway and Slavisa Jokanovic as both capital clubs look to continue their fine starts to 2017 by looking further up the table.

Read Standard Sport's comprehensive preview below...

START TIME

QPR host Fulham at Loftus Road with kick-off scheduled for 12:30pm on Saturday January 21.

LIVE COVERAGE

The match will be televised live on Sky Sports 1, but you can follow all the build-up and action from 11:30am with Standard Sport's London Football live blog. Enter your email address below to be informed when coverage begins.

TEAM NEWS

Holloway is unlikely to change too much after three straight QPR wins, although Kazenga Lualua could start after the coach sang his praises following an appearance off the bench in the surprise win at Reading.

Jokanovic is without Floyd Ayite and Neeskens Kebano - both on African Cup of Nations duty - though he, like Holloway, will likely stick with the same players that overcame fellow playoff hopefuls Barnsley 2-0 last time around.

POSSIBLE LINE-UPS

QPR starting XI: Smithies, Furlong, Onuoha, Lynch, Bidwell, Luongo, Hall, Manning, Wszolek, Sylla, Mackie

Fulham starting XI: Button, Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Malone, Johansen, McDonald, Aluko, Cairney, Piazon, Martin

HEAD-TO-HEAD
PREDICTION

BETTING ODDS (via 888 Sport)

QPR to win: 27/10

Draw: 49/20

Fulham to win: 49/50

Odds correct as of 3pm on January 17.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-vs-fulham-prediction-team-news-lineups-start-time-live-coverage-head-to-head-and-odds-a3442916.html

WhiteJC

Should Newcastle United Sign Tom Cairney?

Tom Cairney, who has recently been linked to an enquiry by Newcastle United into his availability were quoted the same price they were quoted for Callum Wilson: £20m.

It's a hefty price for a Championship player. It is also a lot for a player with only 11 Premier League games under his belt. At 25, he doesn't have much more wiggle room in terms of growth, and having spent his entire career as a Championship player, making the jump to the Premier League may take him a while to get used to.

Sure, Newcastle United signed Daryl Murphy, but it wasn't for his Premier League potential, rather his Championship knowledge that could help Newcastle make the jump back to the highest tier of English football.

Cairney hasn't been at Fulham for very long either, joining 18 months ago for the small fee of £3.8m. It leads me to believe that his worth was intentionally inflated because Newcastle United came calling.

I don't think Cairney is worth £20m. I don't think he's worth £13m. I'd be okay with a £10m purchase at the highest. But it seems that Fulham isn't even thinking about selling the Midfielder as the manager recently mentioned that he is prepared to offer the Englishman a new contract with "more money".

A more worthy signing would be Callum Wilson who, while not a midfielder, would provide more attacking depth and a Premier League ready attitude going into a promotion fight. He's proven himself as a Premier League player, while Cairney isn't worth what Newcastle is being quoted.

Aston Villa are also in the race for the midfielder, but if they were to sign for the asking price of £20m, then they're making a huge mistake. Newcastle should back off this one.

http://newcastletoons.com/2017/01/17/newcastle-sign-tom-cairney-callum-wilson/

WhiteJC

Piazon: Big Things Coming

Lucas Piazon is delighted that he'll be seeing out the remainder of 2016/17 at Fulham Football Club.

The Brazilian had initially agreed a loan deal from Chelsea that ran until mid-January, but he'll now stay at Craven Cottage for the second half of the campaign as well.

"The last couple of weeks we have been waiting on it, and today finally everything was done," Piazon told fulhamfc.com. "I signed all the paperwork so I can stay until the end of the season, which is good news.

"I spoke with Fulham a few weeks ago and then with my agents, and they told Chelsea that I wanted to stay.

"They said it was fine as it's a good option for me, so they agreed and it wasn't a big issue. The papers took a little bit longer than I expected but then in the end everything worked out well."

Having become a firm fans' favourite with the passion he shows every time he pulls on the white shirt, it came as little surprise that supporters swarmed social media to express their joy at Piazon extending his stay.

"I think they've been waiting on this as well," he stated. "I was communicating with them quite a lot in the last few days to keep them updated.

"So today when we made the deal and finalised everything, I was very happy with the replies that they gave me.

"They gave me a lot of support which was very good to see, and makes me even more excited and looking forward to keep playing and doing my best for the Club and for them."

Now that all the contractual business is finalised, Piazon can switch his attentions back to matters on the pitch, starting with the short trip to Loftus Road at the weekend.

"We are so close now to the Play-Offs, and a win on Saturday would be big for us," he explained. "Then we have the game against Reading as well, so if we can get some points from these games it would be huge for us in the fight for the Play-Offs.

"It's hard to see a team in the Championship that keeps the ball like us and has so many good football players.
"We can do big things this season, we have a great team and it's great to play with these guys and to enjoy football with them."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/17/lucas-piazon-big-things-coming

WhiteJC

The Craven Corner: Plenty of reasons to be optimistic as a Fulham Fan
Fulham Columnist, Adam Brons-Smith believes there is plenty of reasons to be optimistic in 2017 for Fulham fans.

Happy New Year!

Now 2017 has begun, Fulham look to continue their impressive form as they aim to finish in the top six come May. Apart from the fixtures against Brighton, Fulham are unbeaten with their last defeat (excluding Brighton games) coming against Aston Villa back in October.

Slavisa Jokanovic has worked wonders over the past year and considering he had to completely rebuild the squad, he has managed to bring an identity back to the club.

But, the second half of the season is now more important than ever. The race for the top six continues to be a tight one with Huddersfield & Leeds improving on a weekly basis and Derby County having a revival under Steve McClaren. If we are going to get promoted we have to continue the form we are in, if not be slightly more clinical. Despite dropping points from winning positions against Wolves and Derby, Fulham have looked like a promotion-winning side and now the squad is settled, fans have more than enough reasons to be optimistic.

Despite a few off the field dramas with Mike Rigg leaving the club and Chris Martin going on strike, Fulham have managed to stay focused on the pitch, despite having a true focal point in attack. Against Cardiff City, Sone Aluko lead the line and away to Ipswich Town, Floyd Ayite done a superb job when called upon. The most pleasing thing for me this season is that we are creating plenty of chances, and regardless of who is up top they will get plenty of service. But, with that said we are a better team with Chris Martin in the side.

Although it has been a worrying January for Fulham fans concerning the future of Chris Martin, the drama seems to have come to a halt with the loanee starting against Barnsley; scoring and notching up an assist in the process. While, I can't get my head round the lack of professionalism shown by Derby County during the ordeal, I'm over the moon that we kept the forward and that; Slavisa and the board stood their ground and played hard-ball with our promotion rivals. Without a doubt, Chris Martin is one of the best players in this division and his goal-scoring record at this level proves that. If Martin had gone back to Derby, we would have only weakened our chances of promotion and strengthened a rival. While I understand why Martin is keen to sort out his future, I don't approve of the 'strike' to get your own way. But, what is important is that we support the club and forward on the pitch, and with any off the pitch issues, have faith in the management and board to get it sorted.

Martin is coming to the peak years of his career and his next long-term contract will probably be the last one which is 4-5 years long, so he obviously wants to make sure his young family will be financially stable. Personally, I'd love Martin to become a permanent Fulham player, but I feel that will only happen if we get promotion.

The Derby forward has been the centre of controversy over recent weeks, but I'm glad he's back in the starting eleven. Saturday's victory over Barnsley was a reminder of just how good and important he is. His ability to hold up the ball and bring the midfielders into play is incredible. With willing runners like Cairney, Johansen, Aluko & Piazon, Martin's ability to hold the ball up in vital areas allows those midfielders to flourish in the final third.

Although I've focused on how great we have been in attack, there has been a massive improvement at the other end of the pitch. Kevin McDonald has been a colossus in the centre of the park and while I had my fears over his mobility in the summer, the Scottish midfielder's ability to read the game is immense. The former Wolves midfielder has sat at the base of our midfield and with his ability to break up the play combined with an impressive passing range, McDonald has become the architect for many of our counter-attacks as well being one of the biggest reasons for the clean sheets we have started to accumulate.

Last weekend also saw the return of Tomas Kalas at the heart of defence after he recovered from injury. I can't sing the praises of the Chelsea loanee enough if I'm honest. I truly believe he is the best defender I have witnessed at Championship level. He's young, determined, strong, quick and has the technical ability Slavisa demands from his ball-playing centre-backs. While, I'd pray and dream for his move to become permanent, realistically I can't see this happening unless we were promoted. With Chelsea paying £5m for him a number of years ago, and them selling Bamford for £10m, Kalas' value must be higher than that. Then again, if we were promoted, investing financially in the Czech defender would be one of the best pieces of business the club would have done for a number of years.

Finally, Fulham have agreed a deal to extend the loan of Lucas Piazon from Chelsea and with the player looking for a long-term club, Fulham may be in the race to sign him on a permanent basis in the summer. There has been rumours online that he could be available for just £4m, but they aren't from the most reliable sources. For now, let's just celebrate that his loan has been extended, and we'll re-visit the permanent topic in the summer.

Apart from the Martin drama and Piazon's extension our activity in the transfer window has been quiet, but then again this is expected of the club. We generally do keep our business out of the media's focus until they have been announced. Belgian newspapers have linked us with an improved £3m bid for Ibrahima Cisse of Standard Liege but whether or not that comes to fruition is another story.

At the weekend, Fulham face one of their biggest fixtures against local rivals QPR. With QPR faltering under Ian Holloway and Fulham looking to mount a serious promotion campaign, the pressure to get all 3 points has increased. Winning at the weekend is a must to stay in reach of a play-off place, and with our recent form there's no reason why we can't take all the points from the derby. Make your voices heard and let's keep looking up. There's no reason why we can't be optimistic and the sky is the limit in 2017 for Fulham. COYW's!

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/1/17/14294544/the-craven-corner-plenty-of-reasons-to-be-optimistic-as-a-fulham-fan

WhiteJC

Is Fulham's Matt Smith or Cauley Woodrow able to replace Nile Ranger at Southend United?

One of the shocks of the season so far this campaign in League One has been the re-emergence of former Newcastle United, Swindon Town and Blackpool forward Nile Ranger. Signed on a short term deal during the summer after over a year out of the game having gone missing and been sacked by Blackpool, the striker was a revelation for Phil Brown's team with three goals and an assist in 15 games.

Now though, his career looks set to go off the rails once again. First pleading guilty to fraud charges, the club stood by him. Then only days later, he was on the receiving end of an FA suspension in mysterious circumstances. With no indication of if he will ever make a return, a negative outcome could lead to his sacking and a positive one will still see him suspended from all football activities for at least the next fortnight.

That gives Phil Brown a major dilemma. With ex-West Brom duo Marc-Antoine Fortune and Simon Cox up-front, the Shrimpers haven't been in short supply of goals lately, with Cox in particular in superb form with nine goals and seven assists. However, both Cox and Fortune, at 29-years-old and 35-years-old, have been caught flagging late on in games in recent weeks. With youngster Jason Williams shipped out on loan, that leaves only Jermain McGlashan and Zavon Hines as makeshift forwards with David Mooney sidelined by injury and young prospect Jack Bridge yet to be given a major role.

Now, the Essex Echo claim that the former Hull boss has drawn up a three name shortlist to fill the void. One of those is free agent Frank Nouble, who scored once in 12 games for Gillingham earlier this season after scoring six in 31 for Coventry last season. He seems to be the back-up option of the three, with a far from prolific scoring record compensated for by the fact that he is available for no transfer fee and would undoubtedly require a lower wage than the other two candidates. If Brown is merely looking for a stop gap until the end of the season, then the strong and pacey forward could do the job for the Blues, but with the club knocking on the door of the play-offs that may disappoint fans.

The other two candidates are Fulham duo Matt Smith and Cauley Woodrow, with both more likely to be available on loan moves. Smith has experience of such a deal, having spent time on loan at Bristol City as they romped to the League One title with ease in 2015. Scoring 13 times and getting two assists in 20 games on that occasion, the last time that he played in the third tier was a remarkable record. Smith too would be the perfect fit for the Blues. In Ranger, Brown had found the kind of target man that had been missing since Barry Corr left the club after promotion from League Two, and Smith's strength and aerial prowess would represent a like for like replacement. The 27-year-old has started just one game since September so a deal could be viable, and he must be first choice for the club given his track record and quality at this level.

Woodrow is no stranger to the club, having spent time on loan at Roots Hall in 2013 before being called back by the London club as he struggled to warrant game time. The England under 21 international managed just four goals in 21 games that time around, starting only half of those matches, but went on to break into the first team at Craven Cottage on his return as the club were relegated from the Premier League. Since then, he has fallen out of favour and has not even made the bench for Fulham since September, instead being banished to the reserves. A move for Woodrow seems possible given the circumstances, but given his struggles to thrive in Brown's system previously, he may be reluctant to make the move. Woodrow has certainly come on since then, and Southend's style has adapted to become less direct, but it is hard to see how he would be a direct replacement for Ranger nor an alternative to Smith in terms of the kind of target that Brown is after.

What is clear is that the Blues must act quickly if they are to continue their play-off push. In the middle of a tough run of fixtures, facing five of the top six in just three weeks in January, Phil Brown must move quickly in the transfer market. Fortune and Cox are doing a good job of holding the fort but the lack of depth would prove costly should either pick up an injury and is leaving the team with few options late on in games from the bench. With money expected to be coming in soon with a tribunal set to decide the fee that Brentford must pay for goalkeeper Dan Bentley, it could be the time for chairman Ron Martin to fund a big deal to give his club a shot at promotion through the play-offs after a magnificent turn-around from relegation favourites to play-off hopefuls which draws similarities to that of Barnsley last season, with the Tykes winning promotion at Wembley. It would be ambitious to claim that signing a player like Matt Smith would be enough to repeat that achievement at Roots Hall, but it would certainly go some way to make it a possibility.

http://tbrfootball.com/is-fulhams-matt-smith-or-cauley-woodrow-able-to-replace-nile-ranger-at-southend-united/

WhiteJC

Bookies list Derby County as second favourites to sign Aston Villa's Ross McCormack

Only Fulham are priced at shorter odds than Derby County with Sky Bet in the race to sign the Aston Villa striker.

Bookmakers Sky Bet have listed Derby County as 6/1 second favourites to sign Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack this month.

Only McCormack's former club Fulham (5/1) are priced at shorter odds than Derby, who are yet to be formally linked with the 30-year-old this transfer window.

McCormack has struggled since making the £12 million switch to Villa Park last summer, scoring just three times in 20 Championship outings.

It has been widely reported that the Scotland international could be moved on already, as the Villans seek to raise funds for a new centre forward.

And both Fulham and Wolverhampton Wanderers are among those said to be keen on doing a deal (Daily Mail).

Derby's appearance on Sky Bet's list is therefore intriguing, although the Rams have recently added Middlesbrough striker David Nugent to their ranks.

Nugent joins Darren Bent, Andreas Weimann and club-record signing Matej Vydra as an attacking option for Steve McClaren to consider between now and the end of the campaign, and it is likely that one of the latter trio would have to be moved on to enable McCormack's arrival.

Burnley and another of McCormack's former clubs, Leeds United (both 8/1), also feature highy on Sky Bet's list.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/17/bookies-list-derby-county-as-second-favourites-to-sign-aston-vil/

WhiteJC

3 LEAGUE ONE STARS FULHAM DEFINITELY MUST LOOK TO SIGN THIS MONTH

Fulham have been renowned for having an excellent academy and have produced a number of high profile names from down the years; including current England and Manchester United defender Chris Smalling, Celtic forward Moussa Dembele and Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham.

Despite that, sometimes clubs have to use stars from the lower leagues of English football.

Even the Premier League giants do it from time to time and there's no harm in doing so.

Recent years have seen the rise of former MK Dons attacking midfielder Dele Alli who is now enjoying life at Tottenham and as a prominent member of the England international squad.

Leicester City forward Jamie Vardy is an inspiration for all lower league players, no matter what their current status is, that they can one day play in the top flight and that is what a lot of Football League stars will be hoping this season in their current form.

Here are three stars from League One which Fulham must definitely look to sign this month to push for the play-offs.

MATTY TAYLOR

With the current unsolved issue surrounding on loan forward Chris Martin at Craven Cottage, Fulham are on the look out for a new forward to score the goals.

One perfect candidate is Bristol Rovers striker Matty Taylor.

Known to most by now, the 26-year-old is a prolific attacker in League One and made his name in the division below last season.

He bagged 28 goals in the Gas' promotion to the third tier and already has eighteen in 30 appearances for Rovers this year, which has led him to be linked with a number of clubs for the second consecutive transfer window.

Taylor has established himself as a prolific striker in League One and I'm sure he has the ability to step up to the Championship and continue to score goals.

If Fulham are going to make a big money signing this month, then it has to be Matty Taylor as he guarantees goals to guide them into the top six, or challenge at least.

JOSH MORRIS

Creativity is key in today's game and if you want to challenge for Premier League football then your team is going to need a consistent play-maker who can score goals and assist week in, week out.

Midfielder Josh Morris would be an ideal star to make the move to Craven Cottage with the player's form from the first half of the season.

The 25 year-old has been the to-go man for Graham Alexander's Irons this year with the player providing 11 assists and netting 18 goals for Scunthorpe this season, which has helped his side sit second in the League One table.

Again, Morris may be an expensive purchase this month but he ensures goals and the confidence he possesses means it could be the difference between Fulham's play-off hopes or a mediocre mid-table finish.

BRADLEY DACK

If the Cottagers are in the search for a midfielder who can sit back to defend, attack and score goals then look no further than Gillingham man Bradley Dack.

The ex-Charlton Athletic youth man made the headlines for his role in the Gills' promotion bid last season, which petered out towards the end of the season.

Dack has contributed to nine goals this season, hitting the net on four occasions and five assists, with what looks like a constant niggling injury the attacking midfielder has been forced to carry.

The £2.5 million bid that was put on the player's head 12 months ago is nothing but a memory now.

Although it'll take a little persuading for Gillingham to part with their star man, Fulham may want to offer the 23-year-old a deal to take him to London as Bradley Dack looks to further his career.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-league-one-stars-fulham-definitely-must-look-to-sign-this-month/

WhiteJC

Fulham Chance For Ryman's Stars

Fulham are inviting ambitious young players from around the Ryman League to trial for a place among the next intake of students joining their elite football and education programme.

Taking place at three venues in Beckenham, Coulsdon and Motspur Park, the Championship club's training ground, pictured, between February and May, the trials for the 2017-18 academic year are aimed at players aged 16 to 18 who are currently studying in school years 11 or 12.

Fulham's Football & Education Programme provides academic support for pupils working towards A-Level and BTEC qualifications while training on a daily basis like professional footballers. Successful candidates will train on a full time basis while competing in the FA Youth Cup, Conference Youth Alliance League, Southern Youth Floodlit League and the National U19 Youth Football Development League.

Harris Academy, Manor Way, Beckenham, BR3 3SJ
Monday 13 February, 11am-3pm
Monday 3 April, 11am-3pm
Monday 10 April, 11am-3pm

Coulsdon College, Placehouse Lane, Croydon, CR5 1YA
Monday 13 February, 11am-3pm
Monday 3 April, 11am-3pm
Monday 10 April, 11am-3pm

Fulham FC Training Ground, Motspur Park, KT36PT
Friday 17 February, 5-8pm
Tuesday 11 April, 5-8pm
Saturday 6 May, 1-4pm

For more information on the trials and information on Fulham's academy, visit: http://www.fulhamfc.com/fulham-fc-foundation/education-and-training/football-and-education.

http://www.isthmian.co.uk/fulham-chance-for-rymans-stars-34786

WhiteJC

QPR penalty taker against Fulham in doubt - hints Rs boss
Rs man in charge says last Hoops spot-kick man was in the wrong place doing the right thing

QPR's next penalty taker is anyone's guess.

By rights, it should be Jake Bidwell after the left-back dispatched the last one with aplomb against Blackburn in the FA Cup.

But despite the left-back's cool net bulger, his boss was far from pleased.

In fact, Ian Holloway is wondering what Bidwell was doing up there in the first place.

Had he been in earshot, the gaffer would have insisted Yeni N'Gbakoto take the 12-yarder.

Here's what happened.

"He's a fantastic young fella," said Holloway of Bidwell.

"He wanted to take the penalty, because I've lost my set piece takers. You need an expert, and (Tjaronn) Chery was an expert until his head got turned.

"I need someone further up the pitch to do it as I want to keep him in a proper area rather than running to take a corner. I wanted Yeni to take the penalty as he hadn't scored. It'd have done him better than Bidwell."

In fact, it's Saturday's opposition who should be worried about penalties.

Fulham had one saved by Alex Smithies in the first match at the Cottage in October, and missed one right at the death that would have denied Rangers a vital 2-1 away win.

In fact, the in demand Rs keeper has saved seven out of the nine penalties fired at him since he arrived at Loftus Road.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-penalty-taker-against-fulham-12469776

WhiteJC

Fulham defender duels with Spurs player for international recall
Whites one and only loan from January transfer window 2015 to make good hopes he might add to his solitary cap

Michael Madl hopes he has a chance of playing for Austria again after finally making his debut in November.

Six times on the bench until then, the Fulham defender finally got the nod in a 0-0 home friendly with Slovakia.

The central defender has also returned from injury to get a place on the bench in the 2-0 win over Barnsley on Saturday.

And as the sole loan player from last season to make an impact at the Cottage - he was the only one to earn a permanent contract in the summer.

The 28-year-old has made 12 appearances in all competitions this term, the last in the 2-0 win over Ipswich on Boxing Day, but reckons catching the eye of Austrian coach Marcel Koller again is just as hard as hanging on to a permanent slot in Whites' starting side.

"My chances of playing for Austria?" he said. "They are better if I'm playing; it's difficult to get in the first XI.

"There are a lot of talented players in the national team - but I can only try."

One of those also with his hat in the ring is Tottenham fringe defender Kevin Wimmer, who has featured only three times for Spurs this season.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-defender-duels-spurs-player-12466580