News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Surprise Surprise Televised Cup Matches.

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 18, 2017, 03:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Sunday 29th BBC, Manure v Wigan.
Think that's 56 consecutive times their cup matches have been shown..Well I suppose it is the attractive tie of the round...lol

MikeW

Well it is if you live in the North West .... like BBC Sport do.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Bill2

It's all about fans and how attractive it is to the average viewer. I would suggest we are a long way down the pecking order irrespective how well we play or how bad Man U play. To be honest if we are on TV it means that some fans have an excuse not to go, especially when they have to buy a ticket. So hopefully more fans through the turnstiles.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Cardiff v Fulham was shown on BBC Wales, and Fulham v Hull will be shown live on BBC Yorkshire.
It seems that the BBC regions like us!

copthornemike

Will be interesting to see how Dan Burns plays against Man U - his individual display against them at Old Trafford in our final Premiership season was just incredible.
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26120927
If I recall correctly it was Rene's penultimate game with us, Man U sent over 80 crosses into the Fulham area yet could only draw 2-2. Meulensteen described it as a resurrection time for Fulham - how wrong were we all.

Luka

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 18, 2017, 04:50:15 PM
Cardiff v Fulham was shown on BBC Wales, and Fulham v Hull will be shown live on BBC Yorkshire.

If that's the case it will be available to all viewers on sky channel 956

Mince n Tatties

My post is not about us or the regions,its about them being on BBC1 for all and sundry again.
And it doesn't draw audiences as if you read the papers last time they were shown folks were complaining about it.
We see them everyweek for Christ sake.
Mind you what does one expect from BBC organization.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Luka on January 18, 2017, 05:03:39 PM

If that's the case it will be available to all viewers on sky channel 956

0001.jpeg

Frackleheath

It was always destined for the North West, they were waiting to see if Bolton beat C Palace before making their decision!!

Baszab

BBC lost its independence long ago - now we have to listen to their biased agenda on most subjects pretending to be news - and we have to pay a license fee for the privilege - even their dramas have hidden agendas

f321ffc

The BBC have a product IE FA cup matches, they want as many viewers as possible hence they show the match involving the club with the biggest support.
Like it or not Manchester United are that club, I bet many of their real fans get peed off with being on TV all the time because lots of the games have day / KO time changes.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Keynsham

And yet they continue to pedal this 'magic of the cup' sh1t.

bog

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Apologies. It appears that I may have been wrong and the Hull game may not be on BBC Yorkshire. Wherever I read it was probably wrong.

fulhamben

Quote from: f321ffc on January 18, 2017, 06:17:07 PM
The BBC have a product IE FA cup matches, they want as many viewers as possible hence they show the match involving the club with the biggest support.
Like it or not Manchester United are that club, I bet many of their real fans get peed off with being on TV all the time because lots of the games have day / KO time changes.
is that a proven stat that man u has the most support in britain? i know they have the biggest stadium, but when did they measure support?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fcfulham55

Did Cilla Black need to read this thread title out in my head?
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on January 18, 2017, 08:51:21 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on January 18, 2017, 06:17:07 PM
is that a proven stat that man u has the most support in britain? i know they have the biggest stadium, but when did they measure support?

A head count when they were queuing up at the local benefits office.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

SL,  where did you see that Fulham v Hull was live on the BBC? I will struggle getting to London from the dark north for. 12:30. Hull are running a coach, don't fancy sitting with loads of Hull fans, £30 a ticket but leaving Hull @ 5:30am!!!
God knows why so early?
If it is on TV I will watch it and then go to the replay at the KCom.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

brightster

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 18, 2017, 03:41:55 PM
Sunday 29th BBC, Manure v Wigan.
Think that's 56 consecutive times their cup matches have been shown..Well I suppose it is the attractive tie of the round...lol

Just think that one year they even forfeited fielding a side to play in the World Club championship! With a team that big no one would have minded them putting out an U21 side instead of snubbing it altogether!
BBC are just a joke they constantly try and butter up United ever since they had that big fallout with Alex Ferguson over his Alledgly dodgy son who was an agent!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Please see my apology above. I read it somewhere,but not on one of theses boards that Fulham v Hull was to be on BBC Yorkshire, but that information was obviously incorrect.