watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Four in a row

Started by The Swan, January 19, 2017, 08:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Have we ever had four away league games in a row before.

Our next four league games are all away. QPR, Reading, Burton, Birmingham.

What sort of return can we hope for. I think we will get eight points, hopefully.
The Swan

fulhamben

surely we can hope for 12, or the word hope should not be used.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AlexW132

Fulham Tup North

Reading won't be easy, but would be disappointed if we don't win the other three!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on January 19, 2017, 08:28:06 PM
surely we can hope for 12, or the word hope should not be used.
We can and should hope for that, I don't think we will beat Birmingham, we could lose at Reading, should win at Burton and maybe QPR will somehow get a draw on Saturday, so I will go with 5 points and that will be the end of our play off dreams! Sorry Ben can't get used to your recent optimism, has made me go back to how I used to be! (lol)....negative!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: The Swan on January 19, 2017, 08:06:12 PM

What sort of return can we hope for. I think we will get eight points, hopefully.
Sad to say it probably won't be 10 points, any number between 0 and 9, or perhaps even 12 which is what we all want, but I can't see it being 12, we will lose 1 of the 4 games or draw 2 of them!

valdeingruo

One game at a time. I am with Joka on this. One game at a time.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

BestOfBrede

Dave, Dave, Dave...
Have another  :wine:
I think we will do well as we play without fear away!
My guess is 10-12 points
082.gif

Mince n Tatties

How did we aquire 4 away games on the trot,I thought most league fixtures 2 away was most,I know Reading is a replay.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on January 19, 2017, 09:24:59 PM

Sad to say it probably won't be 10 points, any number between 0 and 9, or perhaps even 12 which is what we all want, but I can't see it being 12, we will lose 1 of the 4 games or draw 2 of them!

We want lose a league game again this season... 049:gif

davew

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 19, 2017, 09:29:38 PM
Dave, Dave, Dave...
Have another  :wine:
I think we will do well as we play without fear away!
My guess is 10-12 points
082.gif
Evening Brede, it won't be 11 points (lol) it might be 10 or 12, you have another wine (lol)! Really looking forward to Saturday's match, another birthday for me and have cancelled my golf and also restocked the wine cellar, the day will go 1 way or the other, either way I probably won't remember it on Sunday!

Woolly Mammoth

We need a minimum of ten points. To really establish ourselves as promotion candidates, and not lose ground on the teams above us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 19, 2017, 09:31:55 PM
Quote from: davew on January 19, 2017, 09:24:59 PM

We want lose a league game again this season... 049:gif
Do hope you are right and I am going to stop drinking until we do, but until we play again I am going to pour another Gordon's!

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 19, 2017, 09:41:29 PM
We need a minimum of ten points. To really establish ourselves as promotion candidates, and not lose ground on the teams above us.
As always you make sense!! If we don't get 10 points, I don't think we will gain any ground, most important part of the season for us!

filham

Those four away games are followed by two at home, two away then another two at home. The fixture list is looking crazy.

davew

Quote from: filham on January 19, 2017, 10:24:01 PM
Those four away games are followed by two at home, two away then another two at home. The fixture list is looking crazy.
At the end of it we will be sitting pretty in the top 6!!

cmg

Most unusual and potentially damaging.
But there is an encouraging precedent. The last time it happened, as far as I can make out, was in the exceptionally wintery winter of 1981-82 when, with the help of various postponements we made 4 consecutive league away trips: Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Reading and Brentford. We won all four!
During this period we also had an away FA Cup tie at Hereford - but we managed to lose that one.

There should have been a special medal struck for those who made all 5 trips.

Whitesideup

For some reason I can't access the Fulham site, but did we have a home match scheduled for the week we are playing in the cup? Blackburn?

Woolly Mammoth

No there is no home League match that week. We play Blackburn Rovers at home on Tuesday March 14th.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.