watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR 1 1Fulham

Started by Grumpy Worthing White, January 21, 2017, 02:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy Worthing White

Well, I was watching the game on SS1 It seemed to me the commentary team had some kind of love affair with QPR and the cameras could not keep away from their manager :031: :031: :031:

Jamie88

Always been the case for the last 5 or so years
Even more so now Holloway is there

Woolly Mammoth

They even gave the man of the match to a qpr player, a total joke.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 21, 2017, 03:27:25 PM

The only thing he should have got was a red card for persistent fouls & dirty play.
Where there's a will there's a wife

hopper

Come on. That wasn't true. Prutton is incredibly positive about us

Fulham Tup North

We keep insisting on not Scoring Pens!!

Could be our downfall this season!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Skatzoffc

Quote from: grandad on January 21, 2017, 03:36:57 PM

The only thing he should have got was a red card for persistent fouls & dirty play.

:plus one:

Agreed. Should have received the 2nd yellow on two occasions.
Then got motm.

Unbelievable!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Whitesideup

Good point Grandad. The ref kept his yellow cards in his pocket as he knew the player had been booked already, and he committed numerous fouls ... some of which ridiculously were given against us, like the time he dived on top of the ball. Furlong too should have had a second yellow. Haha fans are moaning on their forum about the ref because of the penalty, but with a proper ref they would have been down to 10, and fewer if they had continued in the same vein.

Bedford White

Ah, clearly QPR were the better team on the day, I mean they had less than 25% possession, had fewer attempts on goal and fouled more times. The pundits verdict seems wholly reasonable. Lol

I'm not exactly unbiased but IMHO, player for player, we were superior in very nearly every aspect. Credit should go to Ian Holloway, he set QPR up to break up our flow and they did that very well.

Bill2

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 21, 2017, 04:14:41 PM

Good point Grandad. The ref kept his yellow cards in his pocket as he knew the player had been booked already, and he committed numerous fouls ... some of which ridiculously were given against us, like the time he dived on top of the ball. Furlong too should have had a second yellow. Haha fans are moaning on their forum about the ref because of the penalty, but with a proper ref they would have been down to 10, and fewer if they had continued in the same vein.
Have to agree about Furlong and that hacker who won MOTM. In fact the QPR tactics were if it moves kick it and if that happens to be the ball that is quite acceptable. Ref could have sent off at last to of the QPR players for persistent fouling.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Bedford White on January 21, 2017, 04:52:44 PM
Ah, clearly QPR were the better team on the day, I mean they had less than 25% possession, had fewer attempts on goal and fouled more times. The pundits verdict seems wholly reasonable. Lol

I'm not exactly unbiased but IMHO, player for player, we were superior in very nearly every aspect. Credit should go to Ian Holloway, he set QPR up to break up our flow and they did that very well.

I agree with that, they hassled and harried us, got stuck in (a bit too strong at times) caused us all sorts of problems at the back (when we had the ball !!) and although an average set of players they had a lot of heart, team spirit and passion and despite only 25% they almost nicked 3 points

Brownie points to Holloway although the way his team played should be no mystery to stifle a lot of our over-intricate attacks.
I've always like him, remembered what he did at Blackpool and as A QPR player ?
Great sense of humour and flamboyant (not like Rednapp)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

SP

A week after raising their game for their cup final they are losing to Burton at home.

:beer:

Whitesideup

Quote from: SP on January 28, 2017, 03:35:18 PM
A week after raising their game for their cup final they are losing to Burton at home.

That's because despite trying harder,they are still a poor team. Makes our one point out of 6 look even more miserable.

SP

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 28, 2017, 03:38:39 PM

That's because despite trying harder,they are still a poor team. Makes our one point out of 6 look even more miserable.

It probably hasn't helped that Hollowhead has changed the team, Mackie & Manning both on the bench.

Fulham76

The way their fans go on & on about their superb, 2nd to none support, I assume the place is absolutely rocking as usual  :005:

Another full house as well no doubt  079.gif

Fulham76

In all seriousness though, they have had a poor season but if they go on & win today they'll be just 4 points behind us. Makes our progress look a lot less impressive.

SP

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 28, 2017, 03:50:48 PM
In all seriousness though, they have had a poor season but if they go on & win today they'll be just 4 points behind us. Makes our progress look a lot less impressive.

Sky Bet now offering 5-1 on a QPR win  093.gif

SP

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 28, 2017, 03:47:41 PM

The way their fans go on & on about their superb, 2nd to none support, I assume the place is absolutely rocking as usual  :005:

Another full house as well no doubt  079.gif

Think they were offering a £10 deal for this match.  They only seem to come out of the woodwork for Fulham fixtures.

Mince n Tatties

SP

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 28, 2017, 04:12:19 PM
O-2

Looks on Sky as though Burton have about 50 supporters there.