watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McCormack

Started by Tooting legend, January 21, 2017, 03:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bracken White

Would repeat that I do not see McCormack or Martin in the team, as the former is not a CF. Rather both, with McCormack as 2nd striker. No two ways about it, as we all know, McCormack is a quality footballer & I understand that his wife & family still leave nearby. Someone 'In the know' said all in place for a Tuesday announcement.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

MiltonBurrows

Would this whole Mccormack training controversy be called #Gategate?
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 22, 2017, 05:53:26 PM
I'm pretty sure we will be getting Ross back on loan. The only question left is, who starts?

McCormack or Martin?

Neither, Smith will probably start.   :hook:
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: f321ffc on January 22, 2017, 06:24:41 PM

A better option would probably be noone. Ross is cancer to a team, a beautiful cancer but still a cancer.

Would that noone be Craig Noone the winger at Cardiff. 090.gif 093.gif
[/quote]

I think he means High Noon with Gary Cooper.

Never forget your Roots.

Horsfield_No9

No offers. Training with U23s today.

"Sky Sources understand striker Ross McCormack has reported this morning for training with Aston Villa, and is working with the Under-23s at Bodymoor Heath, despite a bust up with manager Steve Bruce.

Bruce said after the 2-2 draw with Preston on Saturday that McCormack had missed several training sessions in the early part of last week, and on one occasion had used the excuse that his electric gates at his home wouldn't open. It's understood Bruce did go to McCormack's home to see the gates for himself, and was furious the striker had used that as a reason to skip training.

Sources have told Sky Sports News HQ that McCormack hasn't settled in the West Midlands after leaving Fulham on a £12m deal in the summer, and he would be keen on a move back to London. We've also been told that Villa may be prepared to let him leave in this window, if the right offer comes in for him.

There have been no formal approaches for the player so far."
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Roberty

Given the publicity his spat with Bruce has received he can now be classed as damaged goods

So I would doubt that any one is going to make an offer to buy him

If they decide to loan him out instead, then they are probably going to have to swallow some of his wages

There is no good outcome for Villa because if Ross pops in to train with them they will have to pay him for the next three and a half years - they are between a rock and a hard place - what joy

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

jarv

prediction...no takers so will be back in Scotland with Rangers.

Tomo

Pat Murphy ‏@patmurphybbc 15m15 minutes ago
More
Ross McCormack not returning on loan to @FulhamFC from @AVFCOfficial

I for one am glad he's not returning if he was fit and playing well (which in any case they wouldn't allow him to return anyway) I do not see the logic behind him returning if he's unfit and out of form for him to return back to Villa come the end of the season. We need to invest and buy someone who will benefit the team long term and especially as he would not fit the style of play anymore. Thanks Ross
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Woolly Mammoth

Let's hope this means Fulham are currently in negotiations to sign another alternative striker.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Tomo on January 23, 2017, 01:11:41 PM
We need to invest and buy someone who will benefit the team long term and especially as he would not fit the style of play anymore. Thanks Ross

Amen to that.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on January 23, 2017, 01:38:06 PM
Quote from: Tomo on January 23, 2017, 01:11:41 PM
We need to invest and buy someone who will benefit the team long term and especially as he would not fit the style of play anymore. Thanks Ross

Amen to that.

and touché

Never forget your Roots.

ffcwickford

I am not entirely sure where all this speculation originated from. Twitter comments and lazy journalists spring to mind as to my knowledge Fuham have never been interested in bringing Ross McContract back to Craven Cottage.

They have been actively persuing at least two players in Europe who are currently playing for their respective teams and one in a league that is on a winter break.

I also understand that a lower league player - not one we have been previously linked with - has been watched several times recently.

Mince n Tatties

Don't know what to believe so many stories going round.
He has stated this morning he wants to return to London.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 23, 2017, 01:57:43 PM

He won't be going anywhere if he cannot open his gates.

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

1/5 to join us now on skybet...

Abbotsbury White

Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

BedsFFC

The whole scenario is a xxxxing shambles. I do hope FFC are keeping well away and all of this is just internet nonsense. He is part of our history and did well for us but right now, I couldn't think of a striker I would like less to join us in this window. Actually, Berbatov would list just higher than Ross.

Holders

Quote from: Mo on January 23, 2017, 02:36:05 PM
Respected Journo Pat Murphy saying Ross will not be coming back

http://www.footballinsider247.com/bbc-journalist-aston-villa-halted-securing-championship-striker-deal/

I don't see how this bloke can know that Ross will "search in vain for a new club next summer".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 23, 2017, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 23, 2017, 01:57:43 PM

He won't be going anywhere if he cannot open his gates.

Never forget your Roots.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: BedsFFC on January 23, 2017, 02:44:11 PM
The whole scenario is a xxxxing shambles. I do hope FFC are keeping well away and all of this is just internet nonsense. He is part of our history and did well for us but right now, I couldn't think of a striker I would like less to join us in this window. Actually, Berbatov would list just higher than Ross.

0001.jpeg