watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fair play to their keeper

Started by SP, January 21, 2017, 06:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

He's got a great record for saving them.  Watching from the other end, today's effort didn't look too bad but haven't seen it on TV yet?

Mince n Tatties

Bill2

Poor penalty, I think he scuffed it to be honest as it was placed along the ground. Had it been the same height as the one last week it would have gone in.

westcliff white

agree bill higher and it was in. It wasn't struck as well as his last week, and whilst a decent save it wasn't the hardest pen to save
Every day is a Fulham day

grandad

He scuffed it with more of his heel than his instep. Don´t know why players try & pass it towards goal rather than put their boot through the ball. They can´t all be Berbatov.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

Its only our players that seem to do that. I think to hit it down the middle and hard is sometimes best as if the keeper makes a save it comes straight back to the penalty taker for a second shot

The Swan

Why didn't he hit it to the same side as the one last week.

Rangers must have a jinks over us regarding penalties.
The Swan

Fulham Tup North

It's weird how we are so poor at Pens.
Not the best pen in the world but we need an out and out penalty taker.
Maybe Ross will come back???
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ffc73

Martin has hit 3 of his 4 penalties low to the keepers right.  2 saved and the other one the keeper almost got.  The 4th penalty was to the keepers left -v- Barnsley when it was obvious the keeper was going right.  If I have worked out where Martin puts his spot kicks surely opposition GKs have to

The QPR GK dives to his right.  The 2 he saved this season against us went that way.  Aluko's at the Cottage went to the keepers left.  And hit the post.  Do penalty takers research GKs as much as GK's research the kicker?  I doubt it.

One for goalies to answer.  I am left handed.  If I was in goal my preference I think would be to dive left as it feels more natural and in my head it is my stronger hand/arm.  As the majority of people are right handed do most GKs go right?

Or just put it down the middle....

davew

Quote from: The Swan on January 21, 2017, 08:55:48 PM

I said that also under a couple of other topics and also that it wasn't a penalty in the first place!! Sad he missed, of course!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose

three things
1. their keeper has saved more pens than anyone in the championship apparently it's 6 out of 10, however three of those were our lame attempts
2. penalties are best hit as hard as possible and aimed at the top corner where the goalkeeper cannot reach no matter what
3. we have missed so many, and all so poorly taken one thinks the coaching has to be to blame. even the players would surely work out a half paced ball played near the goalkeeper will never work.... todays was really useless, another low one and nowhere near hard enough, martin appears to slip because i believe he changes his mind at the last and that is always fatal.

Asotosyios

Quote from: davew on January 21, 2017, 11:14:54 PM
Quote from: The Swan on January 21, 2017, 08:55:48 PM

I said that also under a couple of other topics and also that it wasn't a penalty in the first place!! Sad he missed, of course!!

It may have been a soft one, but it was definitely a penalty.

Chesh

Both penalties he's missed, the goalie has made their initial move before he's addressed the ball. Decent penalty takers have the composure to put it the other way.

I don't think he's as good a penalty taker as I thought he was.

That penalty he scored against us in the league cup, when that joker in the grey jogging bottoms had his hands behind his back was perfect. Right in the top left corner - with  the same stuttering run up, mind.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

David Allen Crankshaw

When taking penalties at the training ground, the coach should say just wallop the ball into the net.