watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

we all have opinions

Started by nose, January 21, 2017, 11:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicHalomsLovechild

Going a goal down, missing a penalty, opposition stifling our game, some of our own having an off day but still fighting back and taking a point away from home in a local derby whilst not being the result everybody wanted, shows something within the team and Club is working.
Wasn't that long ago when taking a point away from home was usually followed by calls for a public holiday and an open top bus parade down the Fulham road.

nose

Quote from: Baszab on January 22, 2017, 12:15:20 PM
As Alf Ramsay said about Jimmy Greaves once "apart from his two goals he did absolutely nothing " - I thought Martin did OK yesterday - however, unusually, I agree with most of your OP
Greaves was a genius finisher who defenders had to watch like a hawk
Our center forward IMO causes minimal concern to opposition central defenders... if he meaning martin, had more prescence, like zamora, then the quote would be appropriate. As it is i am grateful for your vote of confidence and we shall see what we shall see regarding new imports this window... none or last minute panic stuff would be a disastour.

alfie

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on January 22, 2017, 10:56:41 AM
Thought Martin was rubbish yesterday, and got out of jail with a 2 yard toe poke.
Disagree with the word rubbish, did not have his best game, but hardly rubbish, and was not a 2 yard toe poke as he was facing away from goal, it was a nice little deft touch.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on January 22, 2017, 03:09:26 PM
Thought Martin was rubbish yesterday, and got out of jail with a 2 yard toe poke.
Disagree with the word rubbish, did not have his best game, but hardly rubbish, and was not a 2 yard toe poke as he was facing away from goal, it was a nice little deft touch.

Yes, but we know he was actually trying to clear it and he missed kicked it. It's what mcclarren would have wanted ;)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 22, 2017, 04:25:45 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 22, 2017, 03:09:26 PM

Yes, but we know he was actually trying to clear it and he missed kicked it. It's what mcclarren would have wanted ;)

Sorry fb the bloke made an error of judgement, i am sure you,me and probably most others have all done/said something we regret, can't we just move on now.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

A real, quick reaction striker's goal - and what a difference that goal made - huge psychological plus not to lose the game.

Though it wasn't all down to him, of course, but without actually putting the ball in the net, all that pressure and great play would  be meaningless.

Jims Dentist

I wouldn't pay any more than £1m for Plazon.
I like his work rate but he is too lightweight for me.

filham

Piazon is not doing too badly but has not really blossomed into a top six team player, he will be back on the bench when Ayite returns. As for Martin, he is the best we have for that lone striker role and is slowly showing improvement. We are going to have to pay big money for anyone better so he is likely to be our striker for the rest of the season, we had best get behind him.