watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (23/01/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 23, 2017, 07:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

First-team football and belief from Richie Foran persuaded Larnell Cole to extend Caley Thistle stay

Larnell Cole extended his loan from Fulham until the end of the season this week. Picture: Ken Macpherson.

LARNELL Cole admits the desire for first-team football and a manager who has faith in him meant Caley Thistle was the only place to be.

Frozen out at English Championship side Fulham, it was a proverbial no-brainer for Cole to extend his loan in Inverness until the end of the season.

Inverness boss Richie Foran made it clear to the former Manchester United youngster that he wanted to keep him, which Cole said is a change from what he is used to.

He has little of a relationship to speak of with Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic, who came in last season while Cole was out on loan at Shrewsbury.

The move took a while to complete, with the Caley Jags fretting as the deadline for Cole's loan expiry loomed and the deal no nearer to completion, but it was eventually nudged over the line.

Now, Cole can focus on padding his resumé with as many games as possible and repay Foran's belief in him.

"I get a chance to play here which is good. It was a bit of a slow start to the season but the training is good and helped me get back to a good level. I aim to get a full season without too many injuries," he said.

"I want to be playing week in, week out and not stop-start. I need to get that consistency back. It wasn't too frustrating at the start when I wasn't playing, because I didn't really have a pre-season. But once you get back to them levels, you're ready to play. The gaffer has got faith in me which is a good thing to know. I have to try repay that now on the pitch.

"When I was on loan last season, Fulham appointed him (Jokanovic) and I didn't really speak to him, so he doesn't really know me. Having a manager there that believes in me is always good.

"There was a small bit of uncertainty but I knew the gaffer wanted me to stay. I'm glad to get it sorted. I spoke to Fulham and asked them what was happening and they told me they were trying to get it sorted. I got a call from (first-team coach) Scott Kellacher to come back up."

The biggest challenge for Cole, over the past few seasons, has been steering clear of injuries. He missed a year with a knee injury prior to joining Shrewsbury on loan last season and has set himself the target of completing the campaign injury-free.

An achilles problem saw him miss three games earlier in the season for the Caley Jags but he appears to be over his problems.

"The thing for me, having had so many injuries, people will be wondering if I can do it. I just have to make sure that I'm working hard," added Cole, who is out of contract at the end of the season. "I didn't expect training to be this intense – I've not had that in a while. The games are quite fast as well.

"Some games in League One and Two it will just be long balls, you might not get much of the ball. The little classy bits are what wins you games but the majority of it is a battle.

"We'll see how the next few months go and then I'll decide from then. I went back injured last season, which was disappointing, but playing in the Scottish Premiership is a big challenge. It's something I relish being so young, trying to get more game-time. It will be important for us to stick together now, with the position we're in."

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/First-team-football-and-belief-from-Richie-Foran-persuaded-Larnell-Cole-to-extend-Caley-Thistle-stay-19012017.htm

WhiteJC

Fulham Loanee Adebayo Nets Hat-Trick To Send Team Top Of The League

ulham loanee Elijah Adebayo bagged a hat-trick in Bognor Regis Town's 5-0 hammering of  Canvey Island in the Ryman League Premier Division on Saturday.

The 19-year-old struck in the 54th, 71st and 83rd minutes of the contest at Prospects Stadium.

A delighted Adebayo tweeted after the game : "Another fantastic team performance, happy to contribute with another 3 goals today, fans were incredible @rocks1883 @FulhamFC #Rocks⚽️

WhiteJC

FORMER FULHAM WINGER FREI SIGNS AT BIRMINGHAM

Birmingham City have made their fifth signing of the January transfer window by bringing in former Fulham winger Kerim Frei from Besiktas on a three-and-a-half year deal.

Buying a wide man was one of Blues boss Gianfranco Zola's main priorities.

He had also been in the market for Derby County's Johnny Russell, as well as Robin Quaison, from Italian Serie A side Palermo.

But Birmingham have now agreed an undisclosed fee with the Turkish side, reportedly close to £2.2m.

Austria-born Frei, 23, who has won five international caps for Turkey, after representing Switzerland, where he was raised, from Under-15 through to Under-21 level.

He has a Moroccan mother, but chose to commit his international future to Turkey, the home country of his father.

Frei has been with Besiktas, since joining the Turkish side from Fulham, where he spent three seasons.

His arrival follows the completion of striker Lukas Jutkiewicz's move from Burnley, and the signings of West Bromwich Albion midfielder Craig Gardner and full-backs Emilio Nsue and Cheick Keita from Middlesbrough and Italian side Virtus Entella respectively.

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/former-fulham-winger-frei-signs-at-birmingham.aspx

WhiteJC

Aston Villa to announce shock striker transfer 'very shortly'

ROSS McCORMACK is on the verge of re-joining Fulham from Aston Villa, according to reports.

Ross McCormack joined Aston Villa last summer after a two-year spell with Fulham.

The Scotland international penned a four-year deal with Steve Bruce's side.

But he could be about to cut-short his time in the midlands for a return to Craven Cottage.

Ross McCormack has struggled since moving to Aston Villa last summer

Ross McCormack was a fan-favourite at Fulham and could return

BBC West Midlands correspondent Mark Regan has claimed McCormack is on the brink of a Fulham return.

Speaking on local radio, he said the 30-year-old's transfer would be announced "very shorty" by Villa.

McCormack was omitted from the matchday squad last Saturday in the 2-2 draw with Preston at Villa Park.

He has struggled to have much of an impact since moving to Villa, scoring just three goals in 22 appearances.

With Fulham last season, McCormack scored 21 times and provided 10 assists in 45 Championship games.

He is under contract at Villa Park until June 2020.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/757401/Aston-Villa-Ross-McCormack-Fulham-Return-Transfer-News-Rumours-Gossip

WhiteJC

Match report: Villa U18 0-2 Fulham U18

Game details

Match: Aston Villa U18 v Fulham U18
Date: January 21, 2017
Competition: Premier Academy League
Venue: Bodymoor Heath
Kick-off: 12pm
Weather: 2C, cloudy

Scoring summary

Mikolaj Kwietniewski (24 mins)
Jón Dagur Thorsteinsson (68 mins, pen)

Analysis

A goal in each half saw Villa U18s fall to a rare defeat at home to Fulham at Bodymoor Heath on Saturday.

A few changes were made from the side that drew with Chelsea last week - Jack Coates returned in place of James Finnerty and Louis Hall came to left-back with Josh Williams moving to right-back.

Jake Doyle-Hayes, who played 90 minutes in the U23s' 0-0 draw with Middlesbrough on Monday came into midfield in place of Jack Clarke.

Villa started brightly moving the ball well, and should have taken the lead - Doyle-Hayes seeing his shot cleared off the line from a good passing move.

Jordan Cox and Kelsey Mooney also saw efforts blocked.

Fulham took the lead, securing possession and countering quickly - Mikolaj Kwietniewski applying the finish.

The hosts saw strong penalty appeals turned down when Cox was upended in the box.

Emmanuel Idem made a smart save to prevent Fulham from doubling their lead.

The second half saw Villa dominate the ball for long spells without finding the clinical edge. 

Quick passing led to regular inroads to the final third, but again lacking the precision to open up the opposition.

Fulham doubled their lead from the penalty spot against the run of play through Jón Dagur Thorsteinsson's spot-kick and could have grabbed a third but for a good save from Idem.

U15 Aaron Presley came on as a replacement for Kelsey Mooney and almost made an immediate impact but was thwarted by the Fulham stopper. 

Despite the scoreline, Villa looked to pass the ball and should have had more for their persistence especially during the opening exchanges in the second half. 

Misconduct summary

Bookings – Villa
Jack Coates
Callum Rowe

Bookings – Fulham 
None

Line-ups

VILLA U18: Idem, Williams, Coates, Clark, Hall, Rowe, Doyle-Hayes (Clarke 87), Prosser, Knibbs (M.Birch 70), Mooney (Presley 82), Cox. Unused subs: Boucher, Abdoul.

FULHAM U18: Ashby-Hammond, Felix, Mundle-Smith, Garrido, Martin, Harris (Santos-Clase 84), O'Riley, Kwietniewski, Andrason (Pearce 76), Thorsteinsson, Elstone (York 76). Unused subs: Norman.

Officials

Referee: Mr L Corbett

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/01/22/report-u18-fulham-home

WhiteJC

Jurgen Klopp plots two exciting Liverpool signings to solve problem position
JURGEN KLOPP is planning to sign two left-backs in a bid to solve his problem position.

Midfielder James Milner has filled the spot so far this term with Alberto Moreno out of favour after failing to convince Klopp.

But the Liverpool boss wants to sign Schalke's Sead Kolasinac and Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon, according to The Sun newspaper, allowing Milner to return to his favoured role.

Bosnia international Kolasinac has six months left on his current contract.

The 23-year-old, who has made 17 appearances this season, could be snapped up for around £6m.

Earlier this month, Schalke director of football Christian Heidl said: "We want to keep him with us, he's not going anywhere else before June.

Klopp reportedly believes Kolasinac can go straight into the team while Sessegnon is earmarked as one for the future.

England Under-17 international Sessegnon has enjoyed a breakout campaign at Craven Cottage.

The Roehampton-born 16-year-old has made 13 appearances in all competitions for Fulham.

He became the youngest ever player to score in the Championship when he netted against Cardiff in August.

Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon is also wanted

Whites boss Slavisa Jokanovic is determined to see Sessegnon remain at the club.

"He is one of the most talented teenagers in England," Jokanovic said.

"He is very good for this club. I am sure that he is going to be a very important player for us in the future."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/580945/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Jurgen-Klopp-Sead-Kolasinac-Ryan-Sessegnon-Gossip

WhiteJC

VILLA STRIKER SET TO MOVE BACK TO FORMER CLUB

According to a report in the Sunday Express, Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack is set to rejoin Fulham.

The Scotland striker is firmly out of favor at Villa, with manager Steve Bruce being very unimpressed with his poor attitude and his lame excuses for skipping training.

McCormack joined Villa last summer on a four-year deal after having spent two successful years at Craven Cottage. However, he has struggled for form and fitness at Villa Park and, as a result, it looks like he will be rejoining Fulham in the very near future.

Villa thought that they had bagged themselves a deadly striker when they signed the Scotland international for £12 million in one of last summer's biggest transfer stories, but he has gone on to score only 3 goals in 22 Championship performances this season.

It is unsure whether the deal will be a loan or a permanent move, but we can be pretty sure that Bruce and the fans won't be too fussed about losing McCormack's services.

http://readastonvilla.com/2017/01/22/villa-striker-set-move-back-former-club/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss explains why he benched ex-Spurs Ryan Fredericks against QPR – and it's one up to Rs as a result
Whites man in charge explains how speedy right-sided player lasted only 45 minutes against Rangers

Foot in: Jamie Mackie is fouled by Ryan Fredericks (L)

Ryan Fredericks has been on fire for Fulham over the last two games.

But his reign as right-back supreme was cut short in the 1-1 draw with QPR on Saturday – and it had nothing to do with injury.

In the second half, the other Whites defensive man on the right, Denis Odoi was called up from the bench and saw out the game.

In a game of eight yellow cards, the former Tottenham player picked up the first on 36 minutes from referee Keith Stroud for disputing a thrown-in far too vigorously.

This may have affected his performance, because Fredericks was nowhere near his rampaging best down the right and Whites boss Slavisa Jokanovic agreed.

He said: "He wasn't at his best level and he didn't attack enough, after yellow card he saw, I decided to make a change."

Rangers had done their homework because the combined efforts of attacker Jamie Mackie and left-back Jake Bidwell kept Fredericks subdued.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-explains-benched-ex-12490939

WhiteJC

Reading FC fan's verdict: No points from a possible six makes Fulham a must-win game
Luke Mahoney provides his take on the weekend defeat at Derby

The game started off very well for Reading. We had a lot of the ball in midfield and our passing seemed too quick for Derby County to handle.

First 20 minutes was a dominant start for the Royals. And we got the early goal which I hoped we could kick on from.

And we looked comfortable until the equaliser from Darren Bent.

It came from slow defending to close down the cross and the striker was free in the middle.

Overall, I thought that the equaliser knocked our confidence and we tried to force the playing out from the back mentality.

At the end of the day it is another three points lost.

We've picked up zero from the last possible six points. It means Fulham now on Tuesday night is a must win game so we can get back on track.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-fans-verdict-no-12491178