watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR fans...

Started by ffc2004, January 23, 2017, 08:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc2004

Had a glance at the WATRB forum for a Monday morning chuckle, they really are deluded aren't they?

A couple of snippets include...

"Can't believe Cairney stayed on after that push on Manning. Manning didn't even do anything" - yeah I thought Tom should have been off, but Manning (on a yellow) had 2 goes at Stef which should have brought about another card.

"Even though their fans won't admit it, Fulham brought their A game and we were able to shut them down across the park".  I can't stop laughing, that was about our C game.

Chutney

I'm just glad the game is over so I can go back to forgetting they exist, that's how relevant they are to the world of football currently.
C O Y W

Fulham76

Following the original post I've just had a quick look on that board & about 80% of the posts are Fulham, Fulham & more Fulham - that's all they talk about! They don't care about us though, okay. No Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona, all the big boys are the only ones on their radar...

They are not interested in us one little bit. Forget the fact that they're obsessed, on our board most of the day & reporting back on theirs, they definitely don't care about us.

There is quite a funny post on there, 'Fulham fans smash up McDonalds'. It's a fictional newspaper article, written at 6am on a Monday morning by another of their fans that isn't interested in us

Most of the threads are desperate attempts to convince themselves that they have more fans than us. One of the best ones was started by some retarded clown, (think it was headed up 'no fans Fulham'), & when he/she was put in their place & corrected by another ha ha fan who acknowledged that our attendances are better than theirs home & away, his argument was that, many of our current fan base is new & wasn't around in the 80's & therefore, doesn't count. Absolutely no new generation of fans allowed these days as it doesn't support dopey's argument.

Out of interest, what makes one club 'bigger' than another? Size of stadium, average attendance, trophies won?

tommy

The QPR lads that I know where all texting me on Saturday celebrating as if they had just won the League Title. I don't get it. At home to us and they are over the moon with a draw.

AlexW132

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 23, 2017, 09:58:11 AM
Following the original post I've just had a quick look on that board & about 80% of the posts are Fulham, Fulham & more Fulham - that's all they talk about! They don't care about us though, okay. No Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona, all the big boys are the only ones on their radar...

They are not interested in us one little bit. Forget the fact that they're obsessed, on our board most of the day & reporting back on theirs, they definitely don't care about us.

There is quite a funny post on there, 'Fulham fans smash up McDonalds'. It's a fictional newspaper article, written at 6am on a Monday morning by another of their fans that isn't interested in us

Most of the threads are desperate attempts to convince themselves that they have more fans than us. One of the best ones was started by some retarded clown, (think it was headed up 'no fans Fulham'), & when he/she was put in their place & corrected by another ha ha fan who acknowledged that our attendances are better than theirs home & away, his argument was that, many of our current fan base is new & wasn't around in the 80's & therefore, doesn't count. Absolutely no new generation of fans allowed these days as it doesn't support dopey's argument.

Out of interest, what makes one club 'bigger' than another? Size of stadium, average attendance, trophies won?
And they think we're the ones who are obsessed with them

MiltonBurrows

I had a little read of their forum before the game and there was a thread talking about how we are obsessed with them and we are hardly on their radar...delusion at its finest.

They were also talking about how as fans we have little to no knowledge about the game as a couple of people don't know how to spell their players name. Personally i think is a bit rich as the majority of their fans think Cairney is actually 'Crainey'. Practice what you preach and all that.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

General

Inane comments from them to be honest. Brought our 'A' game and they shut us down? We had a pen miss and scored a goal. The game was a draw and we had over 75% possession.

We had more shots then them.
More shots on target then them.
75% of the possession
a better passing ratio than them - ours 84% vs theirs 60.8
A penalty miss
Higher dribbling percentage
higher crossing %
higher corner %
Higher recovery rate (whatever that even means)
and more

They had more
offsides than us.
more headed clearances
more clearances
more GK saves
More fouls committed
more yellow cards (5 vs 3)
and more tackles...

http://www.skysports.com/football/qpr-vs-fulham/stats/358432

Whoever wrote that post of theirs is actually delusional.

We simply lost that game due to two reasons - they harried our players effectively (tackles) and we missed the penalty (how many points have we lost now due to penalty misses?!)...

I don't think it's a success for them to be bragging about how they shut us down across the park, but a) still drew a scoring game and b) shut us down with only 25% possession.

Essentially it was a poor game from both sides.

Apprentice to the Maestro

But we are the Tarquins. Surely none of our fans would never be seen in the vacinity of a McDonalds.

Or have McDonalds taken to serving prawn sandwiches and a decent white burgundy?

Fulham76

Quote from: General on January 23, 2017, 11:40:04 AM
Inane comments from them to be honest. Brought our 'A' game and they shut us down? We had a pen miss and scored a goal. The game was a draw and we had over 75% possession.

We had more shots then them.
More shots on target then them.
75% of the possession
a better passing ratio than them - ours 84% vs theirs 60.8
A penalty miss
Higher dribbling percentage
higher crossing %
higher corner %
Higher recovery rate (whatever that even means)
and more

They had more
offsides than us.
more headed clearances
more clearances
more GK saves
More fouls committed
more yellow cards (5 vs 3)
and more tackles...

http://www.skysports.com/football/qpr-vs-fulham/stats/358432

Whoever wrote that post of theirs is actually delusional.

We simply lost that game due to two reasons - they harried our players effectively (tackles) and we missed the penalty (how many points have we lost now due to penalty misses?!)...

I don't think it's a success for them to be bragging about how they shut us down across the park, but a) still drew a scoring game and b) shut us down with only 25% possession.

Essentially it was a poor game from both sides.

Yeah, but their support is unbelievably superb. It's large, loud, diehard, simply the best around & they will always outnumber us anywhere, always have, (ignore the games where they haven't though - which is lots).

We didn't sell our allocation apparently, much less than 3,000 & top tier was virtually empty according to lots on that board, which I appreciate is just one forum & probably not all their fans are this stupid....

Just to confirm, they are the beast, the juggernaut of world football. Real Madrid is like their little boy according to that lot, (just 17k on Saturday............), & they DON'T CARE ABOUT FULHAM, okay. Definitely not.

Anyway, back to not noticing them again for me

bill taylors apprentice

Of course we are all biased to one degree or another and will use the "facts" to make our case !
Without studying the history of each club and just using the knowledge I already have in my head I give you the following.....

FFC established themselves in the FL before QPR and apart from a brief period in the late 20's spent the years up to our relegation from Div 1 in 1968 always one or two divisions above them.
There's no doubt we have always had a better and bigger ground, higher capacity crowd record, more England captains, a World Cup winner etc etc.

As for promotions won, they just shade it but importantly due to failing to establish themselves in the PL in recent years and being relegated you have a better chance of bouncing back, therefore achieving a tick in the promoted box !

I could also make a case that if you spend more time in the lower leagues in your history (Div 3) you have more chance of promotion against poorer opponents but in their case very little happened for nearly 50 years.

We have 2 second tier Championships each
They did nothing in the FA cup for decades while we have a much stronger history in the FAC but we are  both one time losing FA Cup finalists, while their League Cup win and R/up trump us.

In Europe we have 3 entries in to the Uefa/Europa cup to their 2 and our appearance in the final is superior than anything they have done.

So for winning leagues, cups and gaining promotions they could argue they just sneak it, although there may be a case against this as I've said above.

Don't shoot me if I got any of this wrong, its all off the top of my head but in conclusion there's not much between us regards trophy's and promotions. You have to look at the whole picture, back to the early history, our time in the top two divisions and our general class all out weighs their shorter periods of success.

IMO the period when they came good in the late 60' and 70's coincided with advances in TV coverage and media in general to give them a higher profile, It also coincided with our decline.

Of course we are a bigger and better club, we all just know it !

AlexW132

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 23, 2017, 12:34:35 PM

Of course we are all biased to one degree or another and will use the "facts" to make our case !
Without studying the history of each club and just using the knowledge I already have in my head I give you the following.....

FFC established themselves in the FL before QPR and apart from a brief period in the late 20's spent the years up to our relegation from Div 1 in 1968 always one or two divisions above them.
There's no doubt we have always had a better and bigger ground, higher capacity crowd record, more England captains, a World Cup winner etc etc.

As for promotions won, they just shade it but importantly due to failing to establish themselves in the PL in recent years and being relegated you have a better chance of bouncing back, therefore achieving a tick in the promoted box !

I could also make a case that if you spend more time in the lower leagues in your history (Div 3) you have more chance of promotion against poorer opponents but in their case very little happened for nearly 50 years.

They did nothing in the FA cup for decades while we have a much stronger history in the FAC but we are  both one time losing FA Cup finalists, while their League Cup win and R/up trump us.

In Europe we have 3 entries in to the Uefa/Europa cup to their 2 and our appearance in the final is superior than anything they have done.

So for winning leagues, cups and gaining promotions they could argue they just sneak it, although there may be a case against this as I've said above.

Don't shoot me if I got any of this wrong, its all off the top of my head but in conclusion there's not much between us regards trophy's and promotions. You have to look at the whole picture, back to the early history, our time in the top two divisions and our general class all out weighs their shorter periods of success.

IMO the period when they came good in the late 60' and 70's coincided with advances in TV coverage and media in general to give them a higher profile, It also coincided with our decline.

Not to mention our bigger and better stadium as well!

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 23, 2017, 12:37:57 PM

I did !

AlexW132

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 23, 2017, 12:42:42 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on January 23, 2017, 12:37:57 PM

I did !
My bad  090.gif

Andy S

A point away is always good A point at home is nothing shout about. Having said that we have already lost at home to them this season. They deserved nothing at home or away yet are fortunate to have 4 points from the two games. I won't be losing any sleep over them though

Burt

Careful chaps, much more interest in this thread and you may get accused of being obsessed with them :)

Woolly Mammoth

If Rangers fans think they are the best team on Earth and Fulham are the worst team. Who cares, let them think what they like. They won't change, and people shouldn't beat themselves up over this, it raises the blood pressure. It's local rivalry that's all and it's pointless even wondering what they think. It's what we think that counts.
I am more concerned about how many players and who we are going to sign if any, before that transfer window closes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 23, 2017, 01:28:14 PM
If Rangers fans think they are the best team on Earth and Fulham are the worst team. Who cares, let them think what they like. They won't change, and people shouldn't beat themselves up over this, it raises the blood pressure. It's local rivalry that's all and it's pointless even wondering what they think. It's what we think that counts.
I am more concerned about how many players and who we are going to sign if any, before that transfer window closes.

Yeah you're right. Anyway, forgetting QPR, there's some Smithies guy I think we should sign ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 23, 2017, 01:49:44 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 23, 2017, 01:28:14 PM

Yeah you're right. Anyway, forgetting QPR, there's some Smithies guy I think we should sign ;)

Yes, I have always been impressed with him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

I must confess I am interested in the supa hoops.  Many reasons for this, it's a local derby, atmospheric ground, normally good banter between the crowd, we always take a decent number there & I have a few friends from their camp.  I think it's funny Big Tony has ****** £250m of someones money into the wind on them.  The only reason I don't particulary like them is the agro in the Enclosure in the 1980s.

SP

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 23, 2017, 12:02:39 PM

But we are the Tarquins. Surely none of our fans would never be seen in the vacinity of a McDonalds.

Or have McDonalds taken to serving prawn sandwiches and a decent white burgundy?

Next week, expect the 'We took 4 points off Fulham' t-shirts to arrive in the QPR club shop.