watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading v Fulham (Tuesday)

Started by tommy, January 23, 2017, 10:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy

Looking at the table, this game is massive for us now. It's even bigger now then it was at our first attempt. A win moves us up to 7th and 2 points behind Wednesday in 6th.

Come on you whites.

Woolly Mammoth

It's definately three massive points we can bag in a match we must look to win without a doubt, and certainly one match we cannot really afford to lose. ⚽
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham76

Reading have lost their last 3

2 league & 1 cup game

Twig

Win this and we are contenders, lose and forget it. A draw would be be frustrating.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 23, 2017, 02:31:54 PM

2 league & 1 cup game

Is that a +or-???

Bad form but what is the odds of a top half team loosing 4 in a row?

Fulham76

Quote from: mlangstrom on January 23, 2017, 02:42:03 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on January 23, 2017, 02:31:54 PM

2 league & 1 cup game

Is that a +or-???

Bad form but what is the odds of a top half team loosing 4 in a row?

I'm sure they won't want it to be 4 & that desperation could lead to mistakes, hopefully

General

They only just lost to Derby in a closely fought game and were the first team in 13 hours to score at Pride Park.

They only just lost to QPR 1-0

They lost to Man Utd - 4-0..

I'm not sure you can say with certainty they're playing badly... yes, maybe in a rut but not playing awfully.

Hopefully we can leverage this for our own good in open play (not pens) and win the game but is far from a dead cert... they are after all still 5th and six points ahead of us.

Woolly Mammoth

It will be very interesting to see the starting 11 tomorrow, and also see who is on the bench, fog permitting of course.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

This is yet another six pointer , essential we avoid silly mistakes, take chances and put in one of our better performances,
The encouraging thought is that we can perform away from home almost as well as at the Cottage where we gave the a good hiding.

Riversider

When we walked out of the abandoned game I confidentially told everyone , that it's not all bad as next time we play them we will have 2 or 3 new additions to the side"
Never in my wildest dreams did I think that we would get to this stage without one single signing,
We've known since August that we need new strikers, and we've known since the day we signed Ayite and Kebano that they would be missing throughout the entirety of January !
Dragging our heels this month is ultimately what is going to cost us a top 6 place in my opinion, QPHa and Reading was an opportunity for 6 points , we've already thrown 2 away any more dropped points and that's it for us as far as the play offs are concerned .

filham

Quote from: Riversider on January 23, 2017, 03:52:44 PM
When we walked out of the abandoned game I confidentially told everyone , that it's not all bad as next time we play them we will have 2 or 3 new additions to the side"
Never in my wildest dreams did I think that we would get to this stage without one single signing,
We've known since August that we need new strikers, and we've known since the day we signed Ayite and Kebano that they would be missing throughout the entirety of January !
Dragging our heels this month is ultimately what is going to cost us a top 6 place in my opinion, QPHa and Reading was an opportunity for 6 points , we've already thrown 2 away any more dropped points and that's it for us as far as the play offs are concerned .
Any new players are going to take a while to bed in so I think a top six finish will be in the hands of the players we have, I think the benefit of the return of Ayite from Africa will be felt before that of any new signing.

Just hope we manage to hold on to our top players, particularly Cairney.

Riversider

Quote from: filham on January 23, 2017, 04:05:30 PM
Any new players are going to take a while to bed in so I think a top six finish will be in the hands of the players we have, I think the benefit of the return of Ayite from Africa will be felt before that of any new signing.

I think you miss the point, any new players signed on say Jan 4th or 5th would have been with us for the best part of 3 weeks by now and would have been able to have played some part against QPHa and Reading.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on January 23, 2017, 04:17:50 PM
Quote from: filham on January 23, 2017, 04:05:30 PM

I think you miss the point, any new players signed on say Jan 4th or 5th would have been with us for the best part of 3 weeks by now and would have been able to have played some part against QPHa and Reading.

Also I don't see why players need that much time to bed in, if they do then there is no point in signing them as they may be the wrong kind of character if they need baby sitting. Many a team has signed a player and  has scored on his debut, or made a substantial contribution as soon as they arrive.
So I don't buy this time to bed in business.
I wonder how many players have scored a Hatrick on their debut.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

086.gif 086.gif  The match, Readings defeat to QPR, was hideous.  Both teams were awful that night.
We have Martin back, a nice wide pitch, we are playing a team who want to 'PLAY FOOTBALL', are aware of the importance of winning and after Saturday's performance, owe the fans a result.
COYW    049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fulham Tup North

:022:   :022: We are 6 points behind Preston.  They are the home team.  We are 6/5 Fav's with Reading 21/10?
To score 5 we are only 33/1??
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

love4ffc

Agree this is a massive game for us.  Shame we couldn't have gotten all 3 against QPR since Leads, Reading and Sheffield all loosing their last matches. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?