watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Consistency

Started by AlexW132, January 23, 2017, 04:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

We haven't won back to back in the league since the huddersfield and brentford games in Oct/Nov. I know we've had various injures and Martingate and AFCON, but for a team that thinks it's promotion stuff we need to be doing better than that.

Woolly Mammoth

Consistancy is the key, which has been missing all season. We need to step it up another gear and hopefully bring in the extra recruits we need by the end of the window.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

The league isn't won or lost until week forty six and the target is to be in with a shout come that week.  If we win all our home games and draw every away game then we will be in with a big shout.

General

I think we're being a bit deluded based on our current form to think we're worthy of a playoff place - I know we dominate teams, but if you can't convert those stats into meaningful points then it counts for nothing and, say what you want, we have constantly been falling short when compared to the other clubs above us.

MikeW

If we tried these keep ball tactics in the Prem - and with our current players - we'd be down by the end of Oct.  A step too far this season IMO.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

toshes mate

Quote from: MikeW on January 23, 2017, 04:54:47 PM
If we tried these keep ball tactics in the Prem - and with our current players - we'd be down by the end of Oct.  A step too far this season IMO.
The main step is to get back in the PL because what comes after with additional revenue means this season's target has been reached.  I don't believe SJ is even thinking about what he may do if the season's target is achieved; he just wants to win every game we play this season.

Horsfield_No9

We are only as good as our league position. Doesn't matter how nice the football is, we can't deal with teams that play dirty and set out to stop us playing like QPR did. We still need to be so much more ruthless to have a chance. I feel a loss tomorrow will all but put us out of the race for sixth. Brighton for example really know how to win games like when they beat us even though they were up against it for a good 75 mins of the 90. We need to find a different gear and a plan B & C or I feel we may remain inconsistent and finish around 9th/10th.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Depends what you mean by consistency. In one way we are very consistent in that only Brighton have lost fewer games.

If you look at the league table though you can see that our problem really is that we have drawn too many and therefore won too few to put us comfortably in the playoff places.

Convert two of those draws into wins and we would be in the playoffs. Convert four and we would be in fourth place.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2016_2017/league/table

MJG

We are actually very constant at the moment. 11 points every six games for pretty much all the time at the moment.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 23, 2017, 05:20:06 PM
Depends what you mean by consistency. In one way we are very consistent in that only Brighton have lost fewer games.

If you look at the league table though you can see that our problem really is that we have drawn too many and therefore won too few to put us comfortably in the playoff places.

Convert two of those draws into wins and we would be in the playoffs. Convert four and we would be in fourth place.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2016_2017/league/table

That would only require four more goals, a minor contribution for a decent striker.