watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tonight

Started by filham, January 24, 2017, 11:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Forget the sill widow for the rest of the day and concentrate on tonight's big match.
We need a win to put us within touching distance of the top six.

How about this for an attacking line up:-

Button
                              Odoi            KaKalas            Ream    Malone

McDonald      Johanson

Fredericks           Cairney            Aluko

Martin

EastEndWhite

Quote from: filham on January 24, 2017, 11:59:13 AM
Forget the sill widow for the rest of the day and concentrate on tonight's big match.
We need a win to put us within touching distance of the top six.

How about this for an attacking line up:-

Button
                              Odoi            KaKalas            Ream    Malone

McDonald      Johanson

Fredericks           Cairney            Aluko

Martin

Have you sent it to Slavisa?

0001.jpeg

MJG

On the basis of a poor performance I don't see how Fredericks keeps his place let alone move forward in place of Piazon.
I expect Odoi to come in and other than that the same.

filham

Quote from: MJG on January 24, 2017, 12:05:05 PM
On the basis of a poor performance I don't see how Fredericks keeps his place let alone move forward in place of Piazon.

Fredericks has pace and can be a match winner when in attacking positions, Piazon puts in a good shift but rarely looks like scoring or making goals, I don't think he would worry the Reading defence in the way Fredericks can.

EastEndWhite

I think it would be harsh to drop Fredericks based on 45 minutes game time.  It was obvious QPR had done their homework and was focusing on not allowing him to play his usual game.  I hope he starts tonight.

MJG

Quote from: EastEndWhite on January 24, 2017, 12:17:41 PM

I think it would be harsh to drop Fredericks based on 45 minutes game time.  It was obvious QPR had done their homework and was focusing on not allowing him to play his usual game.  I hope he starts tonight.
I disagree, watching the game there were times when he should have made the run to receive the ball. He wasn't injured and ok he had an off day, but it was a bloody dreadful off day.

AlexW132

I think Fredericks needs a game off to give him a break, so I'd start Odoi who's looked good recently in my view

dannyboi-ffc

Come on Mike. You were at the original Reading game. Other than losing his cool and getting booked Fred tore them a new one every time he got the ball. They couldnt handle him and the pitch is much bigger for Fred to hurt them.

Piazon is ineffective. We keep the ball for hours and dont create many clear cut chances. If Ayite was here maybe we could drop Fred but he isnt and we need the pace tonight. Reading will brick it when Fred makes his runs.

I was just about to post the same eleven Filham so glad to see someone is on my wavelength. I dont mind Piazon but he's too safe for me.

I agree he was poor but if we drop someone whose been great all season because of one poor game then it contradicts welcoming with open arms the bloke who went on strike. The difference is Odoi can come in but Martin is all we have. I'll be disappointed if Fred doesnt play.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

If you are dropping fredericks on the back of the first 45 at Reading, then you had better drop the other ten too as they were all poor
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

I'm taking note of this when a player has their next poor game and people say he should be dropped ;-)

love4ffc

Don't think I would drop Fredericks based on the haha game.  I could see him getting a break due to the amount of games we are playing currently.  The good thing is that having Odoi as an option is fantastic. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

twang

Button
Fredericks - Kalas - Sigurdsson - Ream - Malone
Cairney - McDonald - Johansen
Aluko - Martin

fulhamben

Quote from: twang on January 24, 2017, 01:00:46 PM
Button
Aluko - Martin
you would change system this late on in the season?

dannyboi-ffc

If we change system then it has to be the way we played at Cardiff in the cup.

3-5-2

Button
              Odoi.     Kalas.     Ream. 

Fred.          McD.         Joh.          Malone.

Cairney. 

Aluko.   Martin. 

But I like the op's team
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

twang

Quote from: fulhamben on January 24, 2017, 01:02:05 PM
Button
Aluko - Martin

Same system we used in the Cardiff game. As long as we're without Ayité (and/or Kebano if he comes good) I think it gets the most out of our strengths.

fulhamben

Quote from: twang on January 24, 2017, 01:06:02 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 24, 2017, 01:02:05 PM
Button
Aluko - Martin

Same system we used in the Cardiff game. As long as we're without Ayité (and/or Kebano if he comes good) I think it gets the most out of our strengths.
the cup game?

fulhamben

twang

Quote from: fulhamben on January 24, 2017, 01:09:10 PM
we played our normal 4 5 1 against cardiff in the cup    http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2016_2017/fa-cup/round-3/cardiff-city#lineup

Nah, they definitely got that wrong. Watched it on TV and it was obvious that we had Odoi-Sigurdsson-Ream as a back three, Fredericks and Sess as wing backs/wingers, three in the middle and then a makeshift front two of Aluko and Piazon.

fulhamben

Quote from: twang on January 24, 2017, 01:13:56 PM
we played our normal 4 5 1 against cardiff in the cup    http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2016_2017/fa-cup/round-3/cardiff-city#lineup

Nah, they definitely got that wrong. Watched it on TV and it was obvious that we had Odoi-Sigurdsson-Ream as a back three, Fredericks and Sess as wing backs/wingers, three in the middle and then a makeshift front two of Aluko and Piazon.
nah, it was a 4 5 1 but such was our dominance, sess just pushed up way more than normal making it look like a 3

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on January 24, 2017, 01:16:19 PM
Quote from: twang on January 24, 2017, 01:13:56 PM

nah, it was a 4 5 1 but such was our dominance, sess just pushed up way more than normal making it look like a 3
We played three at back as this came up in a chat during the FST meeting and Huw jennings said it was that.