watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR game could act as a potential blessing

Started by BedsFFC, January 24, 2017, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Don't think I have actually posted anything about the game. Most all been said.

I took a couple of youngsters. Didn't have a beer and went, looking forward to see how we dealt with their tactics. I'm no Alex Ferguson but it was obvious they were going to be fast out the traps, in our face, braking fast when we lost ball and hitting us on the flanks when they won ball as our full backs push high. I think what sheff weds did to us is the template and qpr did a poor mans version of it. For the record, I thought they deserved to win.

Anyway, the thing that jumped out in the first few mins was we had about 2 or 3 players that had read all the publicity and thought we could stroll up and knock the ball about because "we're the best passing team in the league". It was really noticeable to me. Malone was the worst offender. Ream not far behind and a midfielder. I think Mac. It wasn't when they got the ball, it was just before. They waited for the ball rather than go to it. Classic sign of either not being up for it or actually thinking you are better than the opposition.
Momentum plays an unbelievable large part of football and we gave them the momentum and never really got it back.

Its an old cliche'd saying but a team needs to fight for the right to play lovely football.

I hope it will act as a huge kick that we can't just turn up to the lower teams and expect to be allowed to just pull them all over the place.

We didn't lose and that point might just be crucial