News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland, last throw of the dice or throwing in the towel?

Started by f321ffc, January 24, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Transfer News Live‏ @DeadlineDayLive
DEAL DONE: Sunderland have signed Joleon Lescott on a contract until the end of the season. (Source: @SunderlandAFC)
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

MikeW

I'll probably get slaughtered but I feel a bit sorry for David Moyes.  He took the poison chalice after Ferguson and has been succeeded by two fairly questionable individuals who have spent massive amounts more than he was allowed to little effect.

He comes back to the UK to terminal under achievers Sunderland and is seemingly sold another pup when the Chairman fails to declare their debt (11th highest in Europe did I read?) and - by the way, there's no money to improve and the clubs up for sale.

Some naivety I suspect but at that level is he not advised?  They are sunk and Lescott won't help.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Wearethewhites

Sunderland will be coming down with Palace, plus, one team that always plummets, and I'm going for Leicester. 

love4ffc

Quote from: MikeW on January 24, 2017, 04:31:53 PM
I'll probably get slaughtered but I feel a bit sorry for David Moyes.  He took the poison chalice after Ferguson and has been succeeded by two fairly questionable individuals who have spent massive amounts more than he was allowed to little effect.

He comes back to the UK to terminal under achievers Sunderland and is seemingly sold another pup when the Chairman fails to declare their debt (11th highest in Europe did I read?) and - by the way, there's no money to improve and the clubs up for sale.

Some naivety I suspect but at that levpel is he not advised?  They are sunk and Lescott won't help.
Have to agree with you.  David had a good deal with Everton then he went for the pie in the sky and feel hard. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

dhowells21

"In fairness to Moyes, it would seem that most of his woe-be-me schtick is aimed at making it clear that he has funding issues only marginally worse than those of the NHS – and he'd quite like the fans to know it. "LOOK, LOOK, LOOK AT WHAT THEY MADE ME DO!" he may as well have howled from atop Lescott's shoulders."

bmasar

Quote from: love4ffc on January 24, 2017, 05:01:00 PM
Quote from: MikeW on January 24, 2017, 04:31:53 PM

Some naivety I suspect but at that levpel is he not advised?  They are sunk and Lescott won't help.
Have to agree with you.  David had a good deal with Everton then he went for the pie in the sky and feel hard.
Agreed and don't hold it against him for taking the United job. Only a handful of managers in the world wouldn't have made that move.

AlexW132

I hope Sunderland go down. The fact that they only just stay up every year annoys me. Even their own fans admit they're stealing a place in the league

General

I'd like Sunderland to stay up and rebuild under Moyes - they bring something different to the league in my mind. I think Lescott has obviously struggled for either professional motivation reasons or due to age and seems a bit of a risk purchase but then again it seems like Sunderland can't do much worse - need some squad depth and competition and he knows moyes.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 24, 2017, 04:45:02 PM
Sunderland will be coming down with Palace, plus, one team that always plummets, and I'm going for Leicester. 

Hull, Watford, Middlesbrough... there's too many weak or uninspired/demotivated teams, some poor teams will escape so managers like big Sam can build a reputation on being better than 3 other poor teams

MJG

Am I the only one enjoying Moyes balls up every job since Everton?

f321ffc

Quote from: MJG on January 24, 2017, 06:38:40 PM
No I'm loving it, never liked Moyes even when he was a Preston.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

aaronmcguigan

This guy has been a premier league manager since 2001, other than a few months at sociedad and a break .

Why would all his experience think that this is a good job to o take, why would it be a good idea to fill a 2017 team with the Everton class of 2008? Look at their income; look at their silly expenditure over the years , cutting costs was bound to come in to play sometime.

Yes he should have been better advised but he should know better. He makes mistake after mistake, he will keep getting jobs and will not improve any team by buying decent players from
2008. Breaking news , Everton to give Duncan ferguson and Neville southall new deals

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on January 24, 2017, 06:38:40 PM

No your not alone, i to am enjoying it also.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.