watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Penalty Miss Compilation Video

Started by joeemslie, January 25, 2017, 11:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeemslie

Unbelievable can't believe we are 7 out of 9.

824204882504781824[/tweet]][/url]

They all seem weak pens to me...Button to take our next one?

Lighthouse

The problem is the more you watch it the more you wonder what the hell they do in training to practice them. None of them were brilliant saves. None were in the corner of the goal. How complicated is it to have a player who can practice  taking a penalty?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

and what I seem to remember was woodrow was castigated in a way none of the other have been and has not been allowed any opportunity or even heard of since.

I continue to think that woodrow took the best of the 'missed' penalties and he would suit the style of the team but he doesn't even figure for the reserbve team, whatever that is called nowadays.

The misses were mainly dreadful and not worthy of professionals but I suspect johansen could be coached to take a decent penalty and maybe even piazon. centre hal;ves are sometimes good because they just wack it at maximum pace.

LVBPTS

anyone else noticed that all the penalties that were saved, the keeper dives to his right. Aluko went left and hit the post. they are all "good heights" as well. none are towards the mid-top corners. i took penalties throughout my career and always went high and hard. missed one in y whole non league career. im not castagating the team as its obviously very very different in their circumstance but to me, only Tom Cairney's looked like a good save rather than a poor penalty. thoughts?
Supporter since 2000

toshes mate

It's a travesty to see how having a free shot at goal from a dead ball is made to look so hard to convert.  Cairney's was a decent strike and Aluko was unlucky.  The rest are pathetic.

HatterDon

Interesting that the only person "fired" from the squad for missing a penalty is Cauley Woodrow.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

twang

Just about the most depressing thing I've ever seen.

Cairney's is the only half decent one in there. Good power and direction, just the perfect height for a GK - but still a great penalty save.

Burt

It's criminal that we are missing so many. It may well end up being the difference between play-offs or also-rans.

Hard and high is the rule, and for the most part they were low and soft...

AlexW132

Quote from: corbs83 on January 25, 2017, 12:23:45 PM
anyone else noticed that all the penalties that were saved, the keeper dives to his right. Aluko went left and hit the post. they are all "good heights" as well. none are towards the mid-top corners. i took penalties throughout my career and always went high and hard. missed one in y whole non league career. im not castagating the team as its obviously very very different in their circumstance but to me, only Tom Cairney's looked like a good save rather than a poor penalty. thoughts?
For a right footer it's naturally easier to shoot left, and vice versa for a left footer. If you watch Martin's misses, I believe almost all of them are to the left, and the two he scored, one the keeper went the right way anyway, and the other he shot right. As a goalkeeper myself, if I'm facing a right footer I tend to dive right because I know that's where it's easiest for my opponent.

RaySmith

I thought it was 'hard and low ' - low being more difficult for a keeper to get dwon to, especially if hard into a corner.

One thing I noticed in the clips  was how early the keeper  dives in anticipation - mostly correctly. I know I've banged on about it, but  the law previously was that the keeper couldn't move until the ball was kicked.

Some of these were too softly hit, and close to the keeper, and the keeper was practically on them before they'd left the  taker's foot - easy saves.

I do think there's a collective malaise at Fulham -  a fear of missing a pen, and  that's shows in the hesitant way they are taken.
You can tell they are going to miss when they  begin their run up. Hard and low to a corner, but don't show the keeper which side you are going. Or even straight down the middle if it's hit hard, and the keeper won't save them unless he doesn't move at all.

I'm sure the players can score pens for fun in training, but now we seem to  have a collective loss of confidence.

Confidence is needed, and bit of guile - make the keeper go the wrong way, or have to guess at least which side the pen is going. These seem telegraphed.

toshes mate

That's how I was taught too, RaySmith, hard and low paying attention where your standing foot is in relation to the ball when you strike it.  If you have made up your mind what sort of penalty you plan to take before you place the ball then with head down and proper placement of the standing foot your strike is true and hard and it is hard to miss hitting the target.
I once played a lot of five-a-side in goal and was never beaten from the penalty spot simply because you can guess which side of the goal you need to go and be ready with feet flying if you get it wrong.   As you say confidence is everything when allied to technique.

LVBPTS

I'm not saying anyone is wrong and I am right but gravity is on your side when it comes to top corners. A keeper cannot physically cover the top corners unless standing there. With the bottom corners, a keeper can get there. Only my opinion though

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

General

Martin always goes the same direction - low to the left and without pace. Not exactly a good PK taker - should be given to someone else. Aluko sent the keeper the wrong direction but was kept out by the post which in my opinion is better than an outright save.

LVBPTS

Quote from: General on January 25, 2017, 03:39:47 PM
Martin always goes the same direction - low to the left and without pace. Not exactly a good PK taker - should be given to someone else. Aluko sent the keeper the wrong direction but was kept out by the post which in my opinion is better than an outright save.

i have to agree with your points
Supporter since 2000

gang

Quote from: corbs83 on January 25, 2017, 02:57:56 PM
I'm not saying anyone is wrong and I am right but gravity is on your side when it comes to top corners. A keeper cannot physically cover the top corners unless standing there. With the bottom corners, a keeper can get there. Only my opinion though

Quite right, I was a keeper and saved more that were shot low right or left.

EricB

you guys make good observations regarding the poor quality of the penalties (normally low weak shots to the left of the goal). What Is also noticeable is that no Fulham player is busting a gut to get to any rebounds!!

davew

Quote from: General on January 25, 2017, 03:39:47 PM
Sorry but I think you are wrong, the last penalty was a great one and hit to the right! I have no idea why he hasn't hit the last 2 the same way, doesn't want to upset McClaren?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on January 25, 2017, 02:16:30 PM
Just about the most depressing thing I've ever seen.

Cairney's is the only half decent one in there. Good power and direction, just the perfect height for a GK - but still a great penalty save.
as you say the best struck penalty we have missed, but it was a good height as you also say, so for me not a great save its a decent save given he went the right way

watching that is a little depressing lol
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

Apart from the Aluko penalty which sent the keeper the wrong way all of the others seemed similar, I suspect all Championship keepers are now briefed on what is the standard Fulham penalty and how to save it.

The big question is who takes the next one and how will he approach the task.

F(f)CUK

Didn't we have a worse record one year in the 80s. I seem to remember a year when Lewington, Carr et al missed a hatful.