watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pitch quality and Plan B

Started by bencher, January 25, 2017, 01:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bencher

My Dad has told me more times than I can recall that Fulham traditionally play well early in the season when the pitches are soft and then peter out when they get harder during the winter. Watching the highlights from the disappointment last night it struck me how bad the pitch looked, and it was mentioned about the QPR pitch as well. It's fairly obvious that it's hard to get a passing game going on a bobbly pitch. I imagine teams have seen how we string moves together and have instructed their groundstaff to inhibit this to the extent possible. Fair enough. But why do we not have any kind of plan B? Our crosses are almost always along the ground. We may not have the tallest forward players but if a cross is well directed and the movement is good, we can still score from aerial ones. And that's without bringing on Smith. I can see the same happening at Burton. We need to try some variation.

toshes mate

The Reading pitch was awful something to do with an outfit that handle the ball all the time and only use the ground to lay down on and scrap for possession of a ball which isn't round.  Apparently even the Reading die hard hate the state of that pitch.