more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did we miss a trick with Gary Monk?

Started by Wearethewhites, January 26, 2017, 12:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Quote from: Bill2 on February 05, 2017, 05:10:29 PM
As regard the topic in that Gary Monk is better than good old SJ. We can't make a direct comparison as he has a different set of players, he is not our manager and I don't recall him ever being in the frame there is no imperial evidence to say who is best with the same set of players. I will say that SJ has developed our team into one which we all enjoy supporting, especially after the last 3/4 seasons so while Gary Monk is doing and has done a good job I am more than happy with our manager and if he walks at the end of the season I am seriously considering cutting up my season ticket and asking the Fulham board to share to out and shove it where the sun does not shine.

+ 1

filham

Quote from: howitis on January 26, 2017, 01:00:46 PM
Without a doubt and a great point to make. I was one of many who were hoping that we would acquire his services. I thought that SJ's  first 4 months were truly awful and almost inexcusable but he has won me over a tad with the style of football we have tried to play this season. In order to really judge SJ, I would like our mean chairman to put his hand in his enormous pocket and allow the coach to  spend £20m without any interference !!!

Don't forget that we have signed fourteen new players this season which must be well above what any Fulham manager has ever enjoyed.
We are playing very attractive football but the team has yet to string together a run of good results. I am beginning to think that we have a good manager but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. We need to be in the top six.
A judgement on Jocanovic will be made at the end of the season but in fact I really think he must be given at least one more season, a good team takes time to develop and I think we are now moving in the right direction.

toshes mate

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 26, 2017, 06:05:16 PM
A lot of the so called good managers who are in charge of the so called big teams, wouldn't survive without a massive cheque book, and are no better than the managers lower down. In fact with a massive cheque book they still fail. Garry Month has done a great job since he started his managerial career, and was ridiculously sacked at Swansea, and look where they are now. It's not what you know it's who you know.   

+1

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on February 06, 2017, 11:06:22 AM
"Above what any Fulham manager has enjoyed" is an interesting choice of words. How much does a manager "enjoy" that many signings when he has only a limited say on who they are, and they're of varying degrees of utility to him, with half the money he's "enjoyed" us spending being applied to Jozabed and Kebano, for example? Is that more enjoyable than inheriting a good, drilled, settled team that doesn't need many new signings? Would a manager have enjoyed us signing Martin and Cyriac more than he'd have enjoyed keeping McCormack and Dembele, the best strike force in the league?

+1

toshes mate

Sj has what it takes and if Fulham FC have any shortcomings - any at all - they cannot be solely placed at the head coaches door.  We are not in the play-offs because of tardiness or delays in replacing both Dembele and McCormack whatever we may think of those two players.  When SJ arrived at Craven Cottage there were deficiencies all over the pitch except up front and now the situation has, ironically, been reversed.   SJ will defend Martin until the cows or a better striker come home.  What other option does he have?

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on February 06, 2017, 11:36:13 AM
Quote from: Statto on February 06, 2017, 11:06:22 AM
"Above what any Fulham manager has enjoyed" is an interesting choice of words. How much does a manager "enjoy" that many signings when he has only a limited say on who they are, and they're of varying degrees of utility to him, with half the money he's "enjoyed" us spending being applied to Jozabed and Kebano, for example? Is that more enjoyable than inheriting a good, drilled, settled team that doesn't need many new signings? Would a manager have enjoyed us signing Martin and Cyriac more than he'd have enjoyed keeping McCormack and Dembele, the best strike force in the league?

+1

Got to say when I read this it echoed my thoughts too. 

As far as I can see SJ has done a terrific job after a slow start. Not only are the results improving but the style of play is the best since the JT era.  Of course I would like top 6 but I did not, and still do not, expect it this season.

What I do expect is that Khan and co retain his services, back him with 3 or 4 quality signings and then we can judge next year when it would be very reasonable to expect top 6.

nose

monk is a very good manager IMO.
Joca IMO is superior and if we keep and support him we will rise like the proverbial Phoenix.

I am really impressed with the job Monk is doing but I am more impressed with our man, especially as the qwuality of footballo we are playing is phenomenal.

If we could only score penalties we would be top 4.

sumofallparts

Just a point of order, it is GARRY Monk and Chris WOOD.