watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Eddie Johnson To QPR

Started by White Noise, August 27, 2010, 07:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-qpr/2010/08/27/qpr-target-fulham-striker-82029-27144165/

QPR target Fulham striker

Aug 27 2010 By Paul Warburton

QPR have added Fulham's Eddie Johnson to their wants list of new strikers.

Boss Neil Warnock wants to add at least another forward to his squad before the transfer window slams shut on Tuesday.

American striker Johnson spent most of last season on loan at Cardiff, and with Fulham adding £5million Moussa Dembele to their forward line, a short hop down Fulham Palace Road for Johnson on a loan deal might suit both west London clubs.

Warnock also has eyes on Blackburn's Jason Roberts and Stoke's Dave Kitson as loans – but massive Premiership wage demands for both are a stumbling block.

WhiteJC

Quote from: White Noise on August 27, 2010, 07:35:07 AM
Warnock also has eyes on Blackburn's Jason Roberts and Stoke's Dave Kitson as loans – but massive Premiership wage demands for both are a stumbling block.

I guess EJ isn't on massive wages then?

Tom

Good for EJ, he deserves to get playing time somewhere.
Fulham for life!

AlFayedsChequebook

This should happen. He is competing with Clint/Dembele/Gera/AJ for a place (and possibly Kamara).

Even better is that if he is still rubbish he could hurt QPR's chances of coming up!

Lighthouse

It would be a shame. We are very light up front. Gera and Demps are not forwards. AJ and Kamara are not involved. So we are left very light with genuine forwards. Unless we bring in some cover before Tuesday Evening.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 27, 2010, 09:30:33 AM
It would be a shame. We are very light up front. Gera and Demps are not forwards. AJ and Kamara are not involved. So we are left very light with genuine forwards. Unless we bring in some cover before Tuesday Evening.

I would rather have Gera/Dempsey/Dembele before EJ. Why do we have to play 2 up top? We are fine with 4-4-1-1

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 27, 2010, 09:30:33 AM
Disagree with you on this one, Beamer. It'll give him useful experience. Anyway, we can always add a recall clause into the loan contract, if we're really that limited in our attacking options.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

FatFreddysCat

I'd love it if the useless lump goes to Qpha  :54: . Infact i'm going to ring a few of my bitter mates and laugh at them.

HatterDon

if he goes, surely it will be a transfer. His contract is up in May. Why loan him out and be unable to assess his ability to fill a slot for us inthe future?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TheDaddy

Chances or not i dont think hes premier class. If he goes i wish him all the best even if it is QPR.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

LRCN

good move if it happens, showed he was a decent player in greece, and he'd still be near his best mate dempsey.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lork on August 27, 2010, 03:16:04 PM
good move if it happens, showed he was a decent player in greece, and he'd still be near his best mate dempsey.
He wouldn't get in my Middx Fulham team, he's hopeless. Please let this be true.

epsomraver

I agree fred watched him at Bournemouth and in a one on one with the goalie he was useless as that was against very poor opposition, but be afraid you are dissing a yank here mate you will  get the wrath of God from across the pond :005:

finnster01

He'll fit in nicely at Lupus Road and contribute to more people pissing in their seats. I still have not gotten over the stench from those ground sharing days.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

epsomraver

didn't you like sitting in the Loft Finn? I nearly pissed in my seat at Bournemouth watching his antics, he just hasn't got it for the Premiership.

mccscratch

Quote from: epsomraver on August 27, 2010, 03:32:15 PM
I agree fred watched him at Bournemouth and in a one on one with the goalie he was useless as that was against very poor opposition, but be afraid you are dissing a yank here mate you will  get the wrath of God from across the pond :005:

Piss up a rope Epsom... Give the kid a phucking run out for god sake... Hughes should have let some of the squad players play against Vale...

do you English not accept that players often improve? This is not Eddie Johnson January 2007... the kid has been with two clubs since then and did fine in preseason...(despite you bitching and moaning at a match where others said he was fine in)...

Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

ImperialWhite

At Bournemouth, this preseason, he was the worst player on the pitch. He singlehandedly cost us the game. He had 3 one on ones with the keeper, and missed them all.

In one of the clubs he was at since 2007 (Cardiff), he played 30 games and scored only 2 times.

He has only ever been successful in the MLS or the Greek Superleague.

Players do improve - but EJ clearly hasn't and won't - or Hughes would play him (also, both Hodgson and Hughes saw them in training, we haven't).

SoCalJoe

Let's not turn this into one of the endless garbage threads on the offal. It doesn't matter his nationality, can he play at this level? He has the pace for sure, but even back to MLS days he'd disappear for weeks at a time. Can you imagine how things might have been different if after his great hustle play at Spam he had knocked in the match winner instead of scuffing it wide? He would've earned more minutes and further chances to prove himself. A loan back to the CCC would be a good move and time for him to put up or shut up.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: mccscratch on August 27, 2010, 07:53:27 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 27, 2010, 03:32:15 PM

Piss up a rope Epsom... Give the kid a phucking run out for god sake... Hughes should have let some of the squad players play against Vale...

do you English not accept that players often improve? This is not Eddie Johnson January 2007... the kid has been with two clubs since then and did fine in preseason...(despite you bitching and moaning at a match where others said he was fine in)...

Mcscratch if he was English we'd still say he was poo, purely because he is. McBride was a legend,but EJ aint no McBride. I can understand you wanting a Yank to be good, but he just isn't.

mccscratch

Well...it is well past midnight here in the Virgin Islands as  I type this...many many many many drinks into a great evening where I hammered the roulette wheel and even snaked a few dollars on the video poker machine... so take it for what it is worth...

I could care less if EJ was a Yank... the fact is he offers something we lack until Dembele proves otherwise... PACE.... we need a guy to bring in at the 78th minute when things are tight...either up a goal or drawing... he keeps people on the back foot so they cant just send sorties into our half...

He has been on two loan spells now and I think he has improved his play by a lot... you say...oh he missed several 1 v 1s... name a player in the squad who is even creating them?????? I have a mate who went to the Bournemouth game and he said he was no worse than the entire uninspired team... to me Edddie deserves his look to be out off the bench speed merchant (again if Dembele is that guy then FANTASTIC). I am still convinced that the club feels EJ is worthless otherwise then they would have taken ARIS' 1 million pound bid... no sense in paying a player 15k a week just to play in the rezzies and sit the bench on occasion against Port Vale...

ok, I have said my peace... and for people like Finnster who say Eddie is a dick... you are wrong... he is the nicest cat you would ever hope to meet and he wants to play football.. I can assure you he is not Winston Bogarde (who I have met and is a funny funny guy) and he just wants to play football...

Come on EJ... you still have one old school KC Wizard fan who believes in you!!!
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise