watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Forest's owner

Started by AlexW132, January 26, 2017, 06:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

If we ever think we have a bad owner get a load of the plonker in charge of Forest
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38761018

TimoFFC

definitely puts things into perspective

Woolly Mammoth

Since 2012 he has had 6 managers.  He has made it a Managers graveyard.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Well forest are in the process of approaching clough of burton to take over - so hopefully burton are unsettled going into next weeks fixture with us

gezkc

What a clown. Seems to be everyone's fault but his.

hurricane_nz

Hes Kuwaiti, I live and work there and believe me myself and a few friends of mine who support other clubs said hes the same as many business owners here. All they do is never accept fault and always blame others. All they want is success and money straight off without hard work if they dont get it they want out. And to think when he was trying to sell the club a while back he wanted whoever took over the club to keep him on as chairman and pay him a big salary! 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hurricane_nz on January 27, 2017, 08:29:22 AM
Hes Kuwaiti, I live and work there and believe me myself and a few friends of mine who support other clubs said hes the same as many business owners here. All they do is never accept fault and always blame others. All they want is success and money straight off without hard work if they dont get it they want out. And to think when he was trying to sell the club a while back he wanted whoever took over the club to keep him on as chairman and pay him a big salary! 

So how on earth did he pass the Due Diligence Test here then. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

Also I should point out the many arguments he has with the Forest fans on Twitter. One of them said why have you never invested and Fawaz said 'Oh but I bought Antonio, Lansbury, Assombalonga and Burke' and the first reply was 'You just sold them off once they had economic value so you could pocket the cash' or something along those lines. Not only that, but he acts very immaturely as well, pretending that the fans don't hate him.

MJG

This all just proves that you dont really know what any owner will be like until they are in charge.
We all look at say Reading and their Thai owners then selling part to Chinese owners. When you dig deeper you see that its all about land around the site. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-36459644

They are above us and results going well....i ask who would you prefer as owners?

Its all well and good saying sell up Khan, but the current buyers of clubs are from the far east. I ask again who would you prefer at this stage?

toshes mate

I guess the problem with all football clubs outside those with massive fan bases is that there are much easier ways to make money than playing football on the land.  We have seen it from the sale of playing fields to the movement of clubs into corporately owned or municipal stadia.   And it is playing Russian roulette whenever a club transfers into new ownership since we supporters never truly know motive.  The present crisis for Millwall is something we should all consider as an omen for what can happen in London when greed takes over.   

AlexW132

Quote from: toshes mate on January 27, 2017, 10:32:15 AM
I guess the problem with all football clubs outside those with massive fan bases is that there are much easier ways to make money than playing football on the land.  We have seen it from the sale of playing fields to the movement of clubs into corporately owned or municipal stadia.   And it is playing Russian roulette whenever a club transfers into new ownership since we supporters never truly know motive.  The present crisis for Millwall is something we should all consider as an omen for what can happen in London when greed takes over.
Being in London we are particularly vulnerable as the ground underneath the cottage is very sought after, whereas for the northern clubs whose stadiums are usually in some industrial estate somewhere it's not so much.

toshes mate

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 27, 2017, 10:36:02 AM
Being in London we are particularly vulnerable as the ground underneath the cottage is very sought after, whereas for the northern clubs whose stadiums are usually in some industrial estate somewhere it's not so much.
Absolutely my point, AlexW.  We really need to thank our lucky stars that Shahid Khan is engaged in sporting entertainment back in the USA and probably understands the merits of football played at the highest levels.  He has the manager and we are getting to be a side to beat in the Championship if you want to claim a real scalp.  We also have the Johnny Haynes stand blocking the chances of an easy route to Monopoly money.

AlexW132

Quote from: toshes mate on January 27, 2017, 10:45:22 AM
Quote from: AlexW132 on January 27, 2017, 10:36:02 AM
Absolutely my point, AlexW.  We really need to thank our lucky stars that Shahid Khan is engaged in sporting entertainment back in the USA and probably understands the merits of football played at the highest levels.  He has the manager and we are getting to be a side to beat in the Championship if you want to claim a real scalp.  We also have the Johnny Haynes stand blocking the chances of an easy route to Monopoly money.
That's a good point about the Johnny Haynes Stand and the Cottage, they could fittingly be the cottage's guardian! 049:gif

Twig

Quote from: hurricane_nz on January 27, 2017, 08:29:22 AM

I live in Dubai and work  across all the GCC countries, I hate to stereotype but I have to agree with you.