watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Martin SIGNS... new contract with Derby

Started by Rambler, January 28, 2017, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I have now read all the posts on this thread and I am surprised that there are not more abusive comments towards Martin and Maclaren who have made our club more of a joke than FFC have made themselves in the past few seasons. Our owner has to take a large share of the blame in his appointments of the people who run FFC, our season is now officially over and we will now remain in the Championship for another year (hopefully), SJ will also be leaving soon and who knows what will happen in the next few days but I suspect it won't be good news!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Texas White

Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 09:23:52 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 28, 2017, 09:21:25 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on January 28, 2017, 09:12:16 PM
From Sky Sports:

After Chris Martin signed a new contract with Derby today, a Fulham spokesperson has told the Press Association tonight:

"The signing of a new contract with Derby County does not impact on the terms of the loan arrangement agreed by both clubs.

"Chris Martin will be at Fulham for the remainder of the season and the club still has an option to purchase."

Blimey. This sorry saga is getting worse.
an option that martin will never take up

Sounds like our option is as good as a chocolate teapot.

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 10:26:11 PM
Quote from: davew on January 28, 2017, 10:17:26 PM
Quote from: MaidenheadMick on January 28, 2017, 08:01:28 PM
Pay the 9million Boro want for Rhodes and get him in before Tuesday otherwise our season is over. We were prepared to pay the same amount for the Weasle Martin. McClaren needs to learn some etiquette surrounding this mess. Tell Martin to stay away from the club and don't even let him train. Any contact between him and Derby must be punished as misconduct even if he has signed a new deal. He's contracted to us 100% until the end of the season and as such we hold the aces until such time the deal is at an end. Those 2 missed penalties now make it look like they were deliberate in order to derail our play off push.
Last sentence spot on!!!!! I hope the FA do an investigation, bloody shambles and who are the losers, oh yes FFC!!
careful dave me ole mucker. I've been lambasted many times for suggesting Martins actions on the pitch can no longer be trusted
Thanks for the words of warning but I was born a rebel and after 66 years have now perfected it, I don't take kindly or respect what is going with the Martin saga!! The team has more than exceeded most fans expectations up until a few weeks ago and it has all been taken away, well almost! As SJ said, FFC is not a railway station, but Martin has certainly found a way(s) to derail us! I never want to hear that he is playing for us again, if I do, I will switch off the commentary!!!!!

JoelH5

We have a big enough scouting network to have 10+ targets for a new striker.. put in 10 bloody bids, one will come off.

It's not even about if that player will be a huge success or not. As long as we get someone in so we don't have to rely on that sack of poo, they will have been a success in my eyes.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Texas White

Pay the 9million Boro want for Rhodes and get him in before Tuesday otherwise our season is over. We were prepared to pay the same amount for the Weasle Martin. McClaren needs to learn some etiquette surrounding this mess. Tell Martin to stay away from the club and don't even let him train. Any contact between him and Derby must be punished as misconduct even if he has signed a new deal. He's contracted to us 100% until the end of the season and as such we hold the aces until such time the deal is at an end. Those 2 missed penalties now make it look like they were deliberate in order to derail our play off push.
Last sentence spot on!!!!! I hope the FA do an investigation, bloody shambles and who are the losers, oh yes FFC!!
careful dave me ole mucker. I've been lambasted many times for suggesting Martins actions on the pitch can no longer be trusted

More fool us for expecting to be treated with respect and courtesy. The guy truly is a bad apple and needs to go know before he unsettles anyone else.

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

davew

Quote from: Texas White on January 28, 2017, 10:42:02 PM

More fool us for expecting to be treated with respect and courtesy. The guy truly is a bad apple and needs to go know before he unsettles anyone else.
You don't pick bad apples, he won't play for us again!!!!!!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: davew on January 28, 2017, 10:31:05 PM
I have now read all the posts on this thread and I am surprised that there are not more abusive comments towards Martin and Maclaren who have made our club more of a joke than FFC have made themselves in the past few seasons. Our owner has to take a large share of the blame in his appointments of the people who run FFC, our season is now officially over and we will now remain in the Championship for another year (hopefully), SJ will also be leaving soon and who knows what will happen in the next few days but I suspect it won't be good news!!

Like you after the first half of your first sentence, so many posters would much rather abuse the owner, the Board, the administrative staff, the manager and anyone else associated with the club rather than the real culprits

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on January 28, 2017, 10:49:55 PM
Quote from: Texas White on January 28, 2017, 10:42:02 PM

You don't pick bad apples, he won't play for us again!!!!!!
I thought that after he went on strike
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SG

Yet again we have a farcical situation concerning a transfer. This happens too often and ultimately our board are to blame. If we had acquired one or two forwards early on in the summer we would not have been obliged to do the Martin loan deal at the last minute. Again this window if we had acted to bring in forwards we would not be in a position to be held to ransom. Instead we loan out two forwards and are left with this sh1t and Smith 72 hours before the window slams shut. It is incompetence of the highest level by the people who manage our club and is symptomatic of Khans entire period of ownership

Barrett487

Not too overdramatic then......  season over? another season (hopefully)? you're a real ray of positivity!! Do you have any positivity about the strides this team has made?

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: SG on January 28, 2017, 11:02:33 PM
Yet again we have a farcical situation concerning a transfer. This happens too often and ultimately our board are to blame. If we had acquired one or two forwards early on in the summer we would not have been obliged to do the Martin loan deal at the last minute. Again this window if we had acted to bring in forwards we would not be in a position to be held to ransom. Instead we loan out two forwards and are left with this sh1t and Smith 72 hours before the window slams shut. It is incompetence of the highest level by the people who manage our club and is symptomatic of Khans entire period of ownership

Who would you have brought in in the summer and who would you have brought in this January?  How much would you have paid to bring them in and how much would you pay them in wages?

davew

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 28, 2017, 11:04:16 PM
Not too overdramatic then......  season over? another season (hopefully)? you're a real ray of positivity!! Do you have any positivity about the strides this team has made?
No not at all, the drama is created by what is going on at the club and not by what we post on here! Perhaps you should read some of my comments about the strides we have made this year which have been great, exceeded all expectations and then raise more expectations, only to be knocked back! Season over (imho) = not going to make the play offs which is the minimum that we want to achieve, another season (hopefully)? = a fear that after this season and not making the play offs there will be a serious deterioration in the Club's results and ambitions. I hope I am wrong, but have seen it before and the signs are not good!

Lighthouse

I have always tried to be fair to fans and supporters. I have always had trouble with QPR and Derby because of our past experience. But I must admit I am a little shocked that a  club that sent a player on loan are so badly run they keep on trying to bring him back. Martin sadly is the perfect stereotypical overpaid player who just wants the dosh and actually would happily sit on a toilet and be paid. He is clearly happy to cheat his profession and his own integrity.

I find it hard to believe we are left with days to go before the window closes with one forward who doesn't want to play for us and Smith. A very sad example as to why many fans just turn away from the modern game with players happy to cheat on and off the field.

Even if Martin has every intention of playing his heart out for Fulham. His contract with us means HE WILL STAY WITH FULHAM until the end of the season. Every mistake will be looked on as a deliberate attempt to sabotage our results.  His place has become untenable. He could have just signed a contract and not made it public but has made it clear that he wants to cheat his way back to Derby.

I would love us to keep Martin in the reserves and ask him to train on his own away from the club. I would love us to sign a few forwards. But this is Fulham. Derby have shown how badly run they are. We have shown how we continue to be poorly run. Martin has proved that some players have little interest above taking home a pay packet. Embarrassing for the game and all those involved.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EastEndWhite

The final decision has to be with Slavisa.  He has to decide whether to keep him here, and not play him, until the end of the season or let him go back.  If the club don't back SJ then there is every chance he will not be our manager next season.

If Martin stays then Khan has to put his hand in his pocket and meet the cost. 

I want Martin to stay and not play another game this season.

I had some begrudging respect for McClaren as a manager.  Now I have none.

It will make the game on 4th April 'interesting' - one to be at.

Forever Fulham

I believe Slava truly believed Martin had his head on right and would play to his fullest potential for us.  I think Martin played him.  Lied to him.  If I could believe he'd play his best, I'd say, OK, get in there and do your best for us, as a professional, until the end of the season.  But I don't trust him.  He should rot on the bench.   I'd still have him in training, because you never know when an attacking player might go down and we have to sub him in and hold our breath, hoping for the best.  But this sure stinks!

Roberty

This was in this mornings Telegraph

John Percy
28 JANUARY 2017 • 7:53PM
Chris Martin is set for showdown talks with Fulham on Sunday and will demand to be returned to Derby County.

Martin wants Fulham to scrap his loan deal and send him back to Derby, with the striker determined to meet manager Slavisa Jokanovic before the FA Cup tie against Hull City. The Scotland international refused to play for Fulham for the game at Reading in December and is now prepared to take further drastic action to force the issue.

It is understood that Martin may inform Jokanovic that he is reluctant to play against Hull in the fourth round tie at Craven Cottage, in a move that is likely to infuriate Fulham for the second time this season.

Martin is on loan at Fulham for the season but Derby want to terminate the deal early and bring him back, after Steve McClaren's return to Pride Park. The 28-year-old has agreed a new contract with Derby and Fulham will have to pay a £1.5million loan fee for the remainder of the season if they dig in their heels and decide to keep him.

It is believed Fulham are also paying all of Martin's £30,000 a week wages due to the terms of the deal. Jokanovic criticised Martin last month for his refusal to play, claiming Fulham could not be treated "like a train station".

He also said:  'We need to check this situation but I don't have any intention of making our rivals any stronger. I am not going to send him back to Derby, he is going to stay with us, and he is going to respect the contract."

Martin was sent to Fulham by McClaren's predecessor at Derby, Nigel Pearson, and has scored nine goals so far this season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/28/chris-martin-set-showdown-talks-withfulham-demand-derby-county/

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

New Kid on the Block

I back Slav's stance on all this. Insist that Martin stays until the end of the season, but let him train on his own, and don't pick him for the 1st team for the rest of the season. His heart won't be in it, if he plays, anyway. No player is bigger than the team, certainly not Martin.

We don't know whether the club has lined up another striker, or not. I'm sure they have been beavering away behind the scenes, trying to get one.

It's not looking good for us right now, but let's see what happens in the next few days. The club may announce a very nice surprise by Tuesday night. I trust Slav, let's hope he gets the full backing of the board, on this issue, and in securing the striker he wants.

Sgt Fulham

What a sad sad man.
Imagine being paid 50x average wage just to play football, living in one of the nicest parts of London.
Imagine showing off your talent in front of thousands of fans every week, by the side of the Thames.
Imagine working under a very intelligent boss who respects you and see's your worth.
Imagine being part of a successful side, that's easy on the eye and has a decent chance of making it back to the big time.
Imagine having the opportunity to go down as a hero in the eyes of many fans, including young children who look up to you and pretend to be you when they're playing football at lunch time.

Now imagine complaining about your life. Imagine throwing a tantrum and refusing to do the job you agreed to do. Imagine spitting in the faces of those fans, those kids, and that boss. For what?

To live in Derby?
To go back to a side that has just as much of a chance of promotion as Fulham but not as talented?
To work under a manager who has already bottled the best chance Derby will ever get at promotion? A man who was already fired there once?

Some people deserve the fortunes and riches they have in their life. Some people do not. Some people deserve the adoration they receive. Some people do not.
Chris Martin, I never want to see you play in our shirt again. You dishonour our wonderful club and history, it's time you left.
Go back to Derby where you belong.

VicHalomsLovechild

This new contract could of been discussed and agreed in private. The only reason to make it public with a few days left of the transfer window is to unsettle Fulham.
It makes his presence here untenable and his return to Derby unpalatable as Fulham have paid a fee for his services for the whole season.