watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

End of Transfer Window Predictions

Started by bencher, January 30, 2017, 01:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bencher

I'm fed up of refreshing the Official thread which is rarely on topic, so here are my predictions for Fulham's Ins and Outs over the next 48 hours or so.

OUT:
Matt Smith to QPR (as widely reported)

IN:
A foreign striker we've never heard of or been linked to, who turns out to be quite decent, in true Fulhamish style. I'm thinking something along the lines of when we brought in Pogrebnyak

Lighthouse

Smith to QPR

Cairney to Liverpool

Coming in Somebody we have never heard of who turns out to be a youth player
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

Think smudge will be out as wasnt even in squad v hull,as usual with fulham incoming wise,who knows?

AlexW132

If we do sign anyone I reckon it'll be a loan

Mince n Tatties

Why has mine been taken down off of here??????????

bencher

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2017, 01:36:26 PM

You must have made reference to Hilda or something

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bencher on January 30, 2017, 01:37:47 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2017, 01:36:26 PM

You must have made reference to Hilda or something

No ,I said get the cheque book out no loans.

bencher

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2017, 01:54:51 PM
I'm not making any predictions. Only 30-odd hours to wait anyway. Could go either way. If the cheque book doesn't come out then this board will quite rightly go into meltdown at yet another year of astronomical cluelessness from the ownership and senior management. Or maybe just maybe we've gone back to the old Fulham way under Al Fayed of doing discrete, shrewd business away from other clubs and journos and we'll get a nice surprise tomorrow evening...

That does seem to have been our way of doing business in the summer, and I'm optimistic that we'll make an announcement (or two) before the window shuts.

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 30, 2017, 01:27:53 PM
Smith to QPR

Cairney to Liverpool

So hope you are wrong about Cairney.  I feel it more important to keep him than splash out big time on a striker.
I watched MOD last night and was impressed by Deacon of Sutton. With players like him available in non league why consider breaking the bank for a striker.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: filham on January 30, 2017, 02:18:53 PM
Smith to QPR

Cairney to Liverpool

So hope you are wrong about Cairney.  I feel it more important to keep him than splash out big time on a striker.
I watched MOD last night and was impressed by Deacon of Sutton. With players like him available in non league why consider breaking the bank for a striker.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, it's a massive risk to take during the winter window. Summer perhaps cos he'll have time to settle in. But Non-league to Championship is a world apart.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

westcliff white

Smith to QPR

Cairney to Liverpool

I saw Deacon play against southend and he was truly woeful, woeful vecause his passing was bad, and his crossing worse. Was behind the away teams dug out and hos manager reeally tiupped into him, eventually subbing him
Every day is a Fulham day

nose

Smith to QPR

Cairney to Liverpool

i have seen sutton a few times and in truth there is nobody I thought was the requisite quailty including deacon. they are good players and a very good team but first touch and general ability is just not there i am afraid. However, i am for giving people a chance so if somebody came in from this level I would be delighted and if it was him and he proved me wrong I would be happy with that.

Woolly Mammoth

Let's hope Fulham have a couple of nice surprises up their sleeve, and no shafting. Khan must be still removing the Barbed Wire round his Fat Wallet. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MiltonBurrows

Omar Bogle seems like the sensible option to me. Will cost around the same as we have sold Smith for. Brentford sniffing around him though.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

westcliff white

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on January 30, 2017, 02:49:02 PM
Omar Bogle seems like the sensible option to me. Will cost around the same as we have sold Smith for. Brentford sniffing around him though.
If Grimsby only take a million for Bogle its a bargin even for a risky punt. Thought the would want more than that.
Every day is a Fulham day

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: westcliff white on January 30, 2017, 03:04:16 PM
Quote from: MiltonBurrows on January 30, 2017, 02:49:02 PM
If Grimsby only take a million for Bogle its a bargin even for a risky punt. Thought the would want more than that.

Rotherham have a 4th bid knocked back today looking at it. I can imagine anything over a million would be tempting for a league 2 club. I'd be quite happy if we splashed up to 2m for him.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"