watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jordan Rhodes

Started by The Swan, January 30, 2017, 04:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Are we still interested in signing Jordan Rhodes. We put a bid in for him but now Aston Villa have put in a bid of £8m.

We could do with him.
The Swan

howitis

Rhodes to Villa may well trigger the release of McCormack, possibly back to us.
Would love to think that we may jump in and bid for Scott Hogan. Looks like West Ham are not convinced. At 24 there could still be a decent re-sale value should he improve with us.

The Swan

Would we want McCormack back.
The Swan

Lighthouse

Wouldn't see the point in paying big money for Rhodes. I am hoping for a smaller fee for two different types of forward.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 30, 2017, 04:39:20 PM
Wouldn't see the point in paying big money for Rhodes. I am hoping for a smaller fee for two different types of forward.

I'd second that since our striker cupboard is pretty bare.

hovewhite

ross back no! But a striker pleaseeeeee!

H4usuallysitting

Haven't the players already voted no to the return of Ross....we need two new strikers pretty quick....in fact in the next 24 hours

Baszab

Plenty of time - as everyone always says on this board -- all real business done in the last 24 hours
064.gif

davew

Quote from: Baszab on January 30, 2017, 08:51:17 PM
Plenty of time - as everyone always says on this board -- all real business done in the last 24 hours
064.gif
Or no business at all??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Walsh

Quote from: The Swan on January 30, 2017, 04:35:00 PM
Would we want McCormack back.

I would take him back for 4m. He is a brilliant player but got too big for his boots and he thought he was bigger than the club. I'd be happy to take him back as long as he's willing to understand it's not all about him.

toshes mate

I believe we are close to 'buying' a reasonable striker although I do not know who it is (based on hearsay from the same source as Martin's new contract with Derby).

Woolly Mammoth

Don't tell me Emile William Ivanhoe Heskey is staging a comeback.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Ron91

Strange thing i think we should get McCormack as i see that he is moving for family reasons and Jokanovic would not guarantee anyone to walk into the starting 11. Plus if he went to one of our rivals we know how good he can be and may come back to bite us in our arse so would rather take him.

Cons - Dont know how "reliable" the source is about him being rejected due to squad harmony, but even if true i completely believe Joka would manage the situation very well (look at Martin) 

toshes mate

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2017, 01:07:13 AM
I was actually worried it might be Robbie Keane, but that bought a headshake as did some other names doing the rounds.  I didn't mention McCormack but I think I would have got the name if it were he. I think it is someone us fans may appreciate - don't ask me why but that is the feeling I got when my source told me.  She was kind of reassuring.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on January 31, 2017, 05:46:08 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2017, 01:07:13 AM
I was actually worried it might be Robbie Keane, but that bought a headshake as did some other names doing the rounds.  I didn't mention McCormack but I think I would have got the name if it were he. I think it is someone us fans may appreciate - don't ask me why but that is the feeling I got when my source told me.  She was kind of reassuring.

I hope you are right, as things go, the signs are that it does point to bringing in a player that may turn our heads, especially after the amount of players that have gone through the exit door, whether on loan or otherwise.
Let's hope Fulham have raided the back of the settee, to finance a decent incoming or two, preferably permanent deals, otherwise we are going to look a little lightweight, especially up front.

Never forget your Roots.

Fairplay_Stewart

Jordan Rhodes in numbers 5 last seasons in the Championship

Season     League                    Team                        Apps G   A

15/16   Championship      Middlesbrough FC   18   6   3   
15/16   Championship      Blackburn Rovers   25   10   -   
14/15   Championship      Blackburn Rovers   45   21   5   
13/14   Championship      Blackburn Rovers   46   25   4
12/13   Championship      Blackburn Rovers   43   26   4   

He's only 26 yrs old. If we could get him, I don't see one good reason why we shouldn't go for it!?

MaidenheadMick

Villa just agreed 10m fee for Scott Hogan. They won't want Rhodes now with Kodjia due back next week. Come on Fulham, show some ambition

Woolly Mammoth

Yes Rhodes is as good as it's gonna get, unless Fulham have a cunning plan.

Never forget your Roots.