watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Black GK in the reserve team

Started by epsomraver, January 30, 2017, 08:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Any one remember the Black GK we had playing for us in the reserves, he had a double barrelled English sounding name , about 4/5 seasons ago, also anyone know what happened to him?

fulhamben

Ricardo Batista?  Had over 100 international caps or something like that
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

twang

Wesley Fotheringham? Did great at Swindon and now first choice for Rangers.

epsomraver

No Ben def double barrelled name .

epsomraver

Quote from: twang on January 30, 2017, 08:37:56 PM
Wesley Fotheringham? Did great at Swindon and now first choice for Rangers.

Thats the man, thanks for that

Arthur

When I saw the topic title, I was sure the name you wanted was McAndrew Johnson.

Jamie88

Quote from: fulhamben on January 30, 2017, 08:35:34 PM
Ricardo Batista?  Had over 100 international caps or something like that

Are you thinking of Neil Etheridge who has had over 50 caps for Philippines?

Ron91

Must be Batista! I forgotten all about him but he was a prospect once

aaronmcguigan

Guys guys guys, I like the suggestions Batista (not exactly English sounding) and Fotheringham ( double barrelled?)

The guy you're looking for is Corrin Brooks Meade who is currently playing in the Bulgarian league and Monserrat national team .

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 31, 2017, 02:19:27 AM
Guys guys guys, I like the suggestions Batista (not exactly English sounding) and Fotheringham ( double barrelled?)

The guy you're looking for is Corrin Brooks Meade who is currently playing in the Bulgarian league and Monserrat national team .

Is that the guy who smokes a pipe ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: epsomraver on January 30, 2017, 08:38:08 PM
Double Barrelled originated from a combination of two beers. Double Diamond & Red Barrell.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Williams Tale

Double barrel , Dave and Ansell Collins , early 1970s reggae , those were the days !

domprague

Brilliant. Thanks for putting a smile on a tricky day.

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2017, 02:50:15 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 30, 2017, 08:38:08 PM
Double Barrelled originated from a combination of two beers. Double Diamond & Red Barrell.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

gezkc

I think you must be referring to Rupert Farquar-Fotherington-Smythe, the 5th Marquis of Granby (or "the Black Pearl" as he was known to his team mates).
Fantastic keeper. Never understood why he didn't break into the first team more often.

ffc2004

Would have suggested Luca Ashby-Hammond but he was in a youth team and it wasn't that long ago

epsomraver

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 31, 2017, 02:19:27 AM

Thank you sir you are spot on, I knew it was a double barrelled name and wesley Foderingham didn't quite sound right and it was a while babk

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Arthur on January 30, 2017, 08:50:46 PM
When I saw the topic title, I was sure the name you wanted was McAndrew Johnson.
Yes Arthur. that name came to me, but I think he was a youth/reserve team keeper in the late 60's or early 70''s,

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: gezkc on January 31, 2017, 10:51:01 AM
I think you must be referring to Rupert Farquar-Fotherington-Smythe, the 5th Marquis of Granby (or "the Black Pearl" as he was known to his team mates).
Fantastic keeper. Never understood why he didn't break into the first team more often.
Marquis of Granby was my local in Newmarket till they closed it down...Barstewards.