watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

incorrect asumption

Started by nose, January 31, 2017, 04:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I have the feeling I/we may all have been wrong.

Based on what we see on the pitch and we have generally heard we assumed that the club would be bringing in a couple or more quality players to try and beef up the squad to make a push for the play offs.

I think I/we were wrong, the club had no intention of ever bringing in players and only wanted to reduce the wage bill by off loading players that do not figure in Joca's plans.

MiltonBurrows

i dont think the club are stupid enough to leave us with one striker who doesn't really want to play for us.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

nose

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on January 31, 2017, 04:11:50 PM
i dont think the club are stupid enough to leave us with one striker who doesn't really want to play for us.

i do, look at the track record this is the not the biggest error, but certainly it rates as one of the top two or three

Fulham76

We'll find out very soon if the club are stupid enough to do such a stupid thing

dannyboi-ffc

I have a feeling you're going to be wrong.

Even if we get in 2 strikers on loan, I dont think both will be pathetic last ditch signings. At least one will be competition for Martin.

Just a feeling and I hope my feelings are more accurate than your feelings. Still plenty of time, Piazon wasn't spoken of until about 2130.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Lighthouse

We will be bringing in a forward who will be at best a bench warmer. But as for the whole last day overseas deal thing. Yes that is always a smokescreen for ' let's pretend we are going to go for it on the off chance it will happen'

Joka always said he hoped for a forward, a central midfielder and a defender. We have a midfielder to add to the squad and I think we will have a reserve forward. Not convinced yet by anything more. But better to be doubtful than hopeful.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 31, 2017, 04:21:26 PM
I have a feeling you're going to be wrong.

Even if we get in 2 strikers on loan, I dont think both will be pathetic last ditch signings. At least one will be competition for Martin.

Just a feeling and I hope my feelings are more accurate than your feelings. Still plenty of time, Piazon wasn't spoken of until about 2130.

well i hope you are right and by the way, piazon in my opinion is less than scintillating. we need a step up in quality rather than arms and legs. I do honestly think if the management were serious it would have happened before today, a busy match day as well. And we are playing away tomorrow so that is another issue.   I do not for one second accept the nonsense regarding the difficulty of signing players, if we had really wanted them, and been serious, mr khan would have made it happen by now.  I didn't say there weren't particular issues and nobody wantsd to be played for a mug but we have a chance for great things so the prize is worth it.... the management is failing just by leaving it so late, and that presupposes anything worthwhile happens

davew

At least Kline has (so far) statistically been involved in less bad signings this window! Looking at the signings of the other clubs in the top 1/2 of the table, I think it is safe to say they have improved their squads more than we have this window.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southfield White

Let's wait and see, I'm sure we've got a couple coming through the door, as for quality, some people expect too much, remember we are a championship team, how many Chsmpionship teams will go out and spend 10 mil plus on a player.

I'm confident we will get a couple in whom I'm hoping will be good enough for the first team even if they are not Ronaldo or Messi.

Luka

Fulham's attempt to sign Sergi Enrich from La Liga side Eibar is very close to collapse, Sport Witness has learned.

Sources close to the possible deal confirmed the West London side have offered to pay for the player's €10m release clause, just like first reported by the Spanish media today.

Fulham have put on the table a contract until 2020 with better wages than the player currently earns in Spain.

The problem is that Eibar, who don't want Enrich to leave, are forcing the striker to pay for the release clause himself.

For tax purposes, that should mean €4m more to be paid for the Spanish Treasury. As the player obviously won't spend that much money to make the transfer, all these expenses would go to Fulham.

So besides having to pay €14m for the full transfer, Fulham would still need to deposit this amount to Enrich's bank account and let him sort the business with his entourage.

It is possible to get around this and negate the tax issue, but with just hours left until the window closes, there's not much hope a deal can be done.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Southfield White on January 31, 2017, 04:37:13 PM

Let's wait and see, I'm sure we've got a couple coming through the door, as for quality, some people expect too much, remember we are a championship team, how many Chsmpionship teams will go out and spend 10 mil plus on a player.

I'm confident we will get a couple in whom I'm hoping will be good enough for the first team even if they are not Ronaldo or Messi.

But the frustration is understandable. From a side on the brink of trying to get into the playoifs. Even bringing in a couple of players our squad is among the smallest in the league if not the smallest. A run on injuries and we are struggling again. I agree about big fee players. But we would have  wanted at least three quality players in January and still be a tiny squad.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Chutney

Quote from: nose on January 31, 2017, 04:15:44 PM

i do, look at the track record this is the not the biggest error, but certainly it rates as one of the top two or three

The issue is our transfers are handled by the owners son and his mate from uni.
C O Y W

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Chutney on January 31, 2017, 04:47:48 PM
Quote from: nose on January 31, 2017, 04:15:44 PM

The issue is our transfers are handled by the owners son and his mate from uni.
A casual observation might be that our summer signings proved to be pretty damned good if judged on the improvements in our performance and results.  The participants in these moves?  Kahn, Klein, Joka....AND RIGGS.
Now who do we have in charge?  Kahn, Klein, Joka AND ALI MAC.
Nogood "say no more, or one of the Apprentices will be after you again, isit" Boyo

bill taylors apprentice

Times running out.

Don't hold your breath !

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

So, are we saying there is nobody out we fancy?  Nobody we can afford?  Nobody (any good) who wants to join us?

..... errr yes, I think we are.  I feeling very in the dumps.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."