Quote from: J on February 01, 2017, 12:13:10 AM
Look at who has left:

Smith - 13 appearances (7 as sub) 2 goals
Tunni - 7 appearances (4 as sub) 0 goals
LVC - 4 appearances (4 as sub) 0 goals
Humphrys - 2 appearances (2 as sub) 0 goals
Woodrow - 5 appearances (4 as sub) 0 goals

(Note these are for championship only)

Are people really saying we are weaker by letting these guys go?? For one reason or another they were clearly not trusted by SJ to do a job for us, and they were contributing next to nothing. We now have 2 extra people who hopefully can do more than all these guys combined - only time will tell on this but there we are

Of course an extra person or 2 would have been nice for cover (though as mentioned by others we do have Williams Ayite and Kebano back in the squad as well). Whilst I'm not ecstatic about this window, it is hardly the doom and gloom scenario some people are making it out to be

If Martin is hurt or goes on strike who do we play. We have no forward at all at the club who plays to hold up the ball. So one injury would mean a tactic change for the whole team. Not doom and gloom but not a play off place likely either. Which is a shame.

Yes for sure that is the main worry... but I would counter that if Cyriac is to actually get games we need to change formation and/or the way we play to fit him in in any case - I hope the plan isn't to only ever give him games alongside Martin as then Martin still has effectively a guaranteed place and no competition

Defoe seems to manage just fine being the sole striker for Sunderland and he isn't exactly a giant!

Woolly Mammoth

What worries me is if Jok leaves at the end of his contract, or he gets a better offer elsewhere. Our better players could also get restless and the vultures return to snap up the likes of Cairney etc, and bearing in mind we have a number of first team players on loan, who may go back to their parent clubs, and with such a small squad, and no financial investment from a disinterested and absent owner, we could actually be worse off and back to square one in the summer and we have gone backwards..
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Quote from: J on February 01, 2017, 12:34:57 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 01, 2017, 12:18:32 AM
Quote from: J on February 01, 2017, 12:13:10 AM
Look at who has left:

Smith - 13 appearances (7 as sub) 2 goals
Tunni - 7 appearances (4 as sub) 0 goals
LVC - 4 appearances (4 as sub) 0 goals
Humphrys - 2 appearances (2 as sub) 0 goals
Woodrow - 5 appearances (4 as sub) 0 goals

(Note these are for championship only)

Are people really saying we are weaker by letting these guys go?? For one reason or another they were clearly not trusted by SJ to do a job for us, and they were contributing next to nothing. We now have 2 extra people who hopefully can do more than all these guys combined - only time will tell on this but there we are

Of course an extra person or 2 would have been nice for cover (though as mentioned by others we do have Williams Ayite and Kebano back in the squad as well). Whilst I'm not ecstatic about this window, it is hardly the doom and gloom scenario some people are making it out to be

If Martin is hurt or goes on strike who do we play. We have no forward at all at the club who plays to hold up the ball. So one injury would mean a tactic change for the whole team. Not doom and gloom but not a play off place likely either. Which is a shame.

Yes for sure that is the main worry... but I would counter that if Cyriac is to actually get games we need to change formation and/or the way we play to fit him in in any case - I hope the plan isn't to only ever give him games alongside Martin as then Martin still has effectively a guaranteed place and no competition

Defoe seems to manage just fine being the sole striker for Sunderland and he isn't exactly a giant!

Good grief. Is Cyriac another Defoe? We will see? If we don't get injuries and we don't have suspensions we will still have the same problems if not worse next Summer. I was hoping that rebuilding squads were a thing of the past. I genuinely fear this Summer will be another rebuilding exercise with so many players on loan and so many big holes in the squad despite the two men for every position point of view. Still tomorrow is another day and another game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope